rcjiii
    rcjiii's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas vs. Texas Tech

Anyone on this game yet. I just max bet Tech at - 6 1/2 (bought the hook). Texas is truly awful. Their defense is a joke, 94th in the country vs. Tech's 10th best offense. Texas couldn't stop 1-7 Kansas and they won't be able to stop Texas Tech. Any thoughts or opinions on this one?

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I have to agree with you. I thought Texas would steamroll Kansas. They just don't appear to be very good. I don't see how they keep up with Tech. Texas Tech looks like a good teaser option this weeks as well as the spread.

rcjiii

I agree. I like that teaser idea also. Are you seeing an over/under figure yet? My site doesn't show one.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great play on your part, and I fully expect you to go take the stroll to the pay window and get your money!

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Only thing that concerns me is public will be all over Tech, just like Oregon. Can't figure why they would put a line out where they know 80%+ will be on one side.

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, I like this play too. I didn't even buy the hook:Tech -7 for $500.00 please. They will be up for this one. I think Texas, even in their win this weekend, have come to grips that they're not a good team at all.
    Not necessarily the best indicator, but both teams played OU and against Tech the game was very competitive going into halftime whilts Texas clearly couldn't compete at all. But as always, it's still a bet.
    Good luck to us

Degenerate Life
    Degenerate Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

This is another buy low sell high game, I'll take Texas. Texas defense is bad and I knew that 18-22 point spread was too much for them to handle last Sat. In the end they made the plays they needed to down the stretch which showed me a lot even though it was against Kansas. I've betted with and against TT last two weeks 0-2. I kept hearing about this TT defense, it must of popped its head out for WVU and went back into its shell the last two weeks cause I haven't seen it. Both teams can move the ball probally going to be a shootout, I'll Tex+7and ML, Texas wins knocks TT into the middle of pack in Big12, and will also have their chance to make statement at end of year against K-State.

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was on K State last week and man did they whoop dat azz. TT -6.5 this week for a rebound at home.

KktdocT
    United Kingdom
    KktdocT's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL, mate.

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Kkt. These guys are evenly matched, numbers-wise: avg points, yards per play, 3rd down conversions... TT appears to have the edge on defense.

Thanks to SamDiamond, I know TT is 6-2 ATS.

Johnathon Gray (true freshman) was just named starting RB for Texas. He avgs 5 yards per carry and rushed over 100 against Kansas last weekend. Malcolm Brown (ankle injury) got pushed to 3rd. Was surprised b/c last weekend there were whispers he'd play against Kansas.

Edit to add: This line should be closer to Texas Tech -3. I could see why folks would toss in a teaser.
    Last edited by bane; 10-30-12 at 09:48 AM.

Mr. Green
    Mr. Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4048

Quote Originally Posted by rcjiii View Post
    Texas couldn't stop 1-7 Kansas
    Kansas put up a whopping 17 pts

And UT won the game.

How did they not stop Kansas?

RalphWayne
    kKHAL KALASH
    RalphWayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
    Kansas put up a whopping 17 pts

And UT won the game.

How did they not stop Kansas?
    Texas's Defense is incredibly appalling. Manny Ramirez is a terrible DC the tackling was very VERY ba. Kansas has a very young QB so all Texas had to do was stack the box stop the run. They knew the run was coming and STILL couldn't stop it.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Tech should be favored by 20+. This line is a joke.

rcjiii

Texas is grossly overrated. I am surprised they are still in the top 25. Their defense is literally non-existent. Tech has a defense, Texas doesn't. That should be the difference.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

take the over i know tech has some good defensive stats but look at the points they have given up once conference has started...texas will score and score a lot this game will remind me of the Texas WV game

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Quote Originally Posted by rcjiii View Post
    Anyone on this game yet. I just max bet Tech at - 6 1/2 (bought the hook). Texas is truly awful. Their defense is a joke, 94th in the country vs. Tech's 10th best offense. Texas couldn't stop 1-7 Kansas and they won't be able to stop Texas Tech. Any thoughts or opinions on this one?
    I don't know about all this ^ but what I do know is the game goes over 67