BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR
    BlacK_HazE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets just say Bama, Kstate, ND, & Oregon all go undefeated..

Obviously Bama gets in.. Who do you think they would face? Does it hurt K-state & Notre Dame that much that they don't have a conference championship game?!

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

This discussion might be a moot point in a couple week; plenty of football to be played. The system is unfair, frank. I greatly underrated ND before they put a whooping on OU. The only way to be fair about this is to have a playoffs, maybe with the top 8 teams

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Maybe wrong thread, but here's a different scenario.
    LSU beats Alabama, Oregon losses somewhere against a PAC 12 team
    Both ND & KState stay undefeated

does a 1 loss SEC (Alabama or LSU) STILL get in a national championship game?

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Maybe wrong thread, but here's a different scenario.
    LSU beats Alabama, Oregon losses somewhere against a PAC 12 team
    Both ND & KState stay undefeated

does a 1 loss SEC (Alabama or LSU) STILL get in a national championship game?
    Can BAMA lose to LSU and STILL win the SEC? BC if the answer is no, then NO WAY to we let a team who didnt even win the conference play for the title over an undefeated Kstate or ND.

regarding the OP's question: I think that IF all 4 run the table, we will see Alabama play ND (defensive battle) in the title game. and oregon play Kstate (offensive battle) in the consolation BCS game. Maybe even a split title if 2 teams can win decisively.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    Can BAMA lose to LSU and STILL win the SEC? BC if the answer is no, then NO WAY to we let a team who didnt even win the conference play for the title over an undefeated Kstate or ND.

regarding the OP's question: I think that IF all 4 run the table, we will see Alabama play ND (defensive battle) in the title game. and oregon play Kstate (offensive battle) in the consolation BCS game. Maybe even a split title if 2 teams can win decisively.
    If Alabama loses to LSU and LSU doesn't lose again, then No, they can't win the SEC.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

too early for Notre Dame. K-State vs Alabama would be interesting.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

If the 4 go undefeated, Notre Dame will not play in the title game. I know how the system works - and that's a guarantee.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Every year we speculate about this and most years all the teams mention lose at least once. Just let a fer more weeks go by before the endless speculation of everybody going undefeated

savman
    savman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Would like to see a 'BAMA vs OREGON title game, but given your scenario, I think it would be Alabama vs K-State.

groovybrandone
    groovybrandone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 556

kstate oregon would be a pretty sick uptempo game to watch as well. nd/bama is probably my least fav matchup

thelegend67
    thelegend67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2528

Can BAMA lose to LSU and STILL win the SEC? BC if the answer is no, then NO WAY to we let a team who didnt even win the conference play for the title

this happened last year for alabama

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Ok time for a new thread...