thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

Early news, Maryland out of QB's

Maryland's fourth QB injured, might be starting a converted linebacker or TE for next game.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

thanks, very good info.... maybe do UNDER as they'll run like crazy and D will come up big for converted QB

Urbanwildlife

I have learned anything can happen, but I am a big player on this game. For christsakes, they lost to Boston College this past weekend.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

and the line is only -7? wtf GT will smoke them...

Urbanwildlife

I hope you are correct!

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

never know.. a lot of weird games lastweek... I got cought on a hook with houston... so this week i'm scare to death

Urbanwildlife

I also got caught with that one! This is why I also made the post below.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I have learned anything can happen.

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like to avoid GT as they've been a head case this season. Even GT can't fumble this opportunity. GT Rolls.

Caleb Rowe is the fourth quarterback to go down for the Terps this season. He tore his ACL and is expected to miss the rest of the season. This leaves Maryland with no quarterback on the roster. Converted tight end Brian McMahon or linebacker Shawn Petty will be the starting quarterback for Maryland against Georgia Tech.

Urbanwildlife

I am sure the line is going to be moving on this game.

Murray Rothbard
    Scared Money Don't Make Money
    Murray Rothbard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Hope to catch it as soon as my book puts it out there.

Murray Rothbard

The only thing that I have reservations about in this game is GA Tech D. They've been struggling and have changed defensive coordinators a couple weeks ago. That being said, the Terps have a horrible running game so there is no one to bail out the new converted QB. GA Tech should roll here. BOL to all us who touch this game.

Murray Rothbard

Has anyone meditated on this game and still have some reservations? I know I do. It just seems to good to be true and we already know how that saying goes. Someone convince me to take Tech.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

GT is horrific. They fumble, as if they are gaining points in doing so. Plus their defense is... well nonexistent.

Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    GT is horrific. They fumble, as if they are gaining points in doing so. Plus their defense is... well nonexistent.
    They also lost to Mid Tennessee State and just got blown out at home by BYU. Seems like the more I think about it the more this could be a trap. But how the hell can Maryland win this game with a LB turned QB?

Urbanwildlife

Murray Rothbard

Thanks for the links Urban.

Murray Rothbard

The only silver lining I can see for GA Tech after reading a few different articles about their team and Maryland's team is that GA Tech offensively can be a juggernaut when their hitting on all cylinders. Unfortunately they haven't lately and as much as I'd link to believe the opposite things don't seem like they're going to get any better. We'll see.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have learned anything can happen
    oh my struggling sbr gambler, you have many things to learn. many

Urbanwildlife

As I told you in a personal message, I am playing Georgia Tech strictly because of the offense, as I do not feel Maryland can match them, because of the quarterback situation at Maryland. If Maryland had even an experience true quarterback, I would not play this game, but the fact they are playing a linebacker, who is also a freshmen with no practice or game experience, it is only logical to think that if Maryland scores 20 points they are going to be lucky, and I believe Georgia Tech will outscore them by 7. I am throwing out the game the Yellow Jackets played against BYU as a measuring stick, as BYU has an outstanding defense.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    oh my struggling sbr gambler, you have many things to learn. many
    My shadow and antagonist who follows me thread to thread as he has no life. Did you check your inbox fool? AGAIN, instead of putting your negative energy into being an antagonist on a gambling forum, put that energy into something positive, like finding a way to promote your Avon sales, so you can at least be able to play some wagers.

Murray Rothbard

As I told you in a personal message, I am playing Georgia Tech strictly because of the offense, as I do not feel Maryland can match them, because of the quarterback situation at Maryland. If Maryland had even an experience true quarterback, I would not play this game, but the fact they are playing a linebacker, who is also a freshmen with no practice or game experience, it is only logical to think that if Maryland scores 20 points they are going to be lucky, and I believe Georgia Tech will outscore them by 7. I am throwing out the game the Yellow Jackets played against BYU as a measuring stick, as BYU has an outstanding defense.
    I totally hear you man and initially I was with you. After thinking about it for some time it just seems fishy that given the circumstances it is only at 7. Moreover, I've heard it said a few times that we don't play against the books but against other people and according to this site the public is on GA Tech 73%.

I'm not trying to discourage you Urban just playing devil's advocate so to speak. Anyways as always BOL bud. Hopefully we can both bounce back this week and give our legs a little work out this weekend.

Murray Rothbard

My shadow and antagonist who follows me thread to thread as he has no life. Did you check your inbox fool? AGAIN, instead of putting your negative energy into being an antagonist on a gambling forum, put that energy into something positive, like finding a way to promote your Avon sales, so you can at least be able to play some wagers.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Rothbard View Post
    You are laughing my friend, but this poster with the mind of a child, has serious mental issues. Basically his entire posting history is antagonizing others, so what kind of life must he have, that he has to come on to an internet forum about discussing sporting events, and antagonize others, not to mention, following them thread to thread?

I had asked him previously to post screen shots of his wagers instead of being an antagonist, and I also asked him why he is on the forum since his AVON sales are so low that he cannot place wagers, and has to live in the basement of his mothers home, and here is his response in a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    actually, i have a good laugh on here. its .. well. i consider it comedy. so no need to contribute on my part since i really don't come on here to praise my plays or look for attention.
    The problem with his quote, is that it again shows that he has mental issues, and is delusional, as antagonizing others is seeking out attention.

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Yeah Ridims is a joke. He's been trash talking urbanwildlife, then the picks hit and he's still mouthing. Dude has nothing to contribute, something tells me he's never made a real wager in his life. Funny thing is there are more posters like him than people who actually to give insight and post plays.

Urbanwildlife

@rainmaker82
    At least this mentally challenged fool admits that he comes on here to antagonize, so at least I can give him a small amount of credit for being honest about that. You are also correct my friend about there are many more like him, and it is for this reason, that I now share more information through the personal messages than on the forum itself.

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Do you keep a season long thread going? Just curious. I started one this year just to keep a good track. I usually like some of your picks, so keep posting them or at least let me get in on the PM's. I appreciate it. Do you have any opinions on Texas Tech -7 vs Texas, Penn St -3.5 vs Purdue, or San Jose St -18 vs Idaho? Just some early leans I got. thanks for any input.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker82 View Post
    Do you keep a season long thread going? Just curious. I started one this year just to keep a good track. I usually like some of your picks, so keep posting them or at least let me get in on the PM's. I appreciate it. Do you have any opinions on Texas Tech -7 vs Texas, Penn St -3.5 vs Purdue, or San Jose St -18 vs Idaho? Just some early leans I got. thanks for any input.
    Running with Oregon, Georgia Tech, and San Jose State, and here is some links why I love these games so much, with the exception of Oregon, who I think is just much more talented than USC, better coached, and is on a mission to make a statement to get to the championship game. Plus they are going to be motivated just because it is USC. San Jose State averages over 30 points a game, as you can see below, and now with Blackman suspended for Idaho, I see them having problems scoring any points, as he was the heart and soul of there offense, and even with him, they were averaging only 16 points a game, while giving up 42 points a game on the average.

I do also really like the Texas Tech pick, as I believe there offense will destroy Texas, but I am not playing it, as I have larges sums on the above games. I do not have a thread on here that where I keep a running total, but I do keep a personal excel spreadsheet, so I know where I stand at all times. I will also keep you posted through private messaging if I come across something that I feel might be of interest to you!

http://www.examiner.com/article/idah...s-suspends-one

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...state-spartans

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../idaho-vandals

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marylan...02--ncaaf.html

porterkid69
    porterkid69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4392

What do you all think the O/U is on this game?

Urbanwildlife

I have not even looked at it, as I very rarely play them.

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Rothbard View Post
    Has anyone meditated on this game and still have some reservations? I know I do. It just seems to good to be true and we already know how that saying goes. Someone convince me to take Tech.
    I couldn't find a line for GT. After some consideration, I don't much care. This team has burned me before... on to other games!

Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by bane View Post
    I couldn't find a line for GT. After some consideration, I don't much care. This team has burned me before... on to other games!
    I hear ya man. And I'm having the same problem with the San Jose State v Idaho game. My book still doesn't have a line for that one. Kinda frustrating. I guess it's time to find another book. 5Dimes?

Urbanwildlife

Maryland turns to a freshman linebacker after losing four quarterbacks to season-ending injuries

By Graham Watson | Dr. Saturday – 5 hours ago

Caleb Rowe (AP)

Maryland can't seem to catch a break.
    After a season wrought with injuries at the quarterback position, the Terps have lost another one.
    Caleb Rowe, a true freshman who had been placed into service after three starters were lost to season-ending injuries, suffered a torn ACL during last weekend's loss to Boston College. Rowe is the third Maryland quarterback to suffer an ACL tear this year.
    "It's very unusual," Maryland coach Randy Edsall said. "I don't know something like this has ever happened to a team at that position. With this team, they understand and they feel bad for Caleb, but they know we still have games that we want to win. Everyone will have to do their part to contribute a little more and do a little more."

C.J. Brown, Perry Hills and Devin Burns (AP and Getty)

Senior C.J. Brown tore his ACL during noncontact drills on Aug. 15. True freshman Perry Hills suffered a torn ACL in the first half against North Carolina on Oct. 20, and his replacement, Devin Burns, suffered a foot injury during the same game.
    With no one left in the quarterbacking bullpen, the Terps have turned to true freshman linebacker Shawn Petty as the team's starter and tight end Brian McMahon as the remaining quarterback option on the roster.
    The Terps do have quarterback transfers Ricardo Young and Dustin Dailey on the roster, but they're ineligible to play because of NCAA transfer rules.
    Petty played quarterback at Eleanor Roosevelt High in Greenbelt, Md., and was an all-county selection, but came to Maryland as a defensive player and didn't start learning the quarterbacking playbook until Hills and Burns went down. This will be Petty's first go at quarterback since December 2011.
    Maryland is 4-4 this season, but will need a yeoman's effort to become bowl eligible with Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida State and North Carolina remaining on the schedule.

Murray Rothbard

There is something about hearing that a freshman linebacker is being converted to play QB that just screams TAKE THE OTHER TEAM! For some reason I just can't pull the trigger...........................yet.

Urbanwildlife

Don't then. Some people really over think a situation, instead of looking at the reality of it. Some times things are not what they appear, and it is up to us to sort it all out, and make a decision that we feel is best for us, which I did, as I hit this game very hard. If I am wrong, that is life, but I can handle that, as I know I had made the right decision for me at the time, unfortunately, things do not always work out as we hope or plan, but this decision I made on Georgia Tech I know is going to allow me to take the stroll to the pay window for a very generous pay out!

12 Last