SmokenSherriff
    SmokenSherriff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Toledo / Buffalo CF Line?

Early target game I am looking at was the Buffalo / Toledo game.

Toledo regardless of playing perhaps above their heads in the win vs. Cincy last week Toledo is a solid team. Yes Cincy didn't play well and yes Toledo can be scored on. However cant most middle to above average teams these days? There are only 10 to 20 teams these days that truly win games via defense. There offense is proficient and has been effective vs their average competition and now some above average.

Above all this debatable bs the bottom line is Buffalo is garbage. I see Toledo winning by 21 + pretty easily... and yet the line has moved from -9 to -7 1/2 (SBG global).

Any Toledo fans or locals got any inside info on injuries or anything that could explain the line movement? ... Besides the spot where many may think its a spot for a let down after big Cincy win.

With an offense system with solid athletes at QB and skill similar to OSU and West Virginia's in style and tempo let down in my opinion really shouldnt be a factor against a week defense. The spacing, tempo, and balance scores points just by showing up.

All IMHO. Pretty new to SBR so thanks for any reply's and enjoy the community thus far.

Smoke

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

toledo should win by 13-16 points
    -7 a huge gift

SmokenSherriff
    SmokenSherriff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Agreed.

TR35
    TR35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Buffalo Sucks

I cashed in with Pitt last week vs Buffalo. The line was so low that it almost scared me off. Not sure what the love affair with Buffalo is??? Toledo is legit!

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I have no idea why this line is so low either. Letdown spot possibly after a big home win against Cincinnati? Im very surprised by this line..

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Pound away boys
    One of the better lines of the week

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

I am by no means endorsing Buffalo, but here are a few reasons I think the line is low:

1. Despite the win, Toledo didn't play well against Cincy, going without an offensive touchdown.
    2. Buffalo loves to run the ball, and Toledo ranks #118 in yards/rush defensively.
    3. Buffalo's stud RB, Branden Oliver, is set to return. He had nearly 1400 yards last season, and is averaging 6.0ypc this year.
    4. In their last conference road game, against a bad Eastern Michigan team, Toledo gave up 283yards and 4 TD's to E Michigan's RB. Oliver is plenty capable of doing that if he is healthy.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Quote Originally Posted by mrsolodolo21 View Post
    I am by no means endorsing Buffalo, but here are a few reasons I think the line is low:

1. Despite the win, Toledo didn't play well against Cincy, going without an offensive touchdown.
    2. Buffalo loves to run the ball, and Toledo ranks #118 in yards/rush defensively.
    3. Buffalo's stud RB, Branden Oliver, is set to return. He had nearly 1400 yards last season, and is averaging 6.0ypc this year.
    4. In their last conference road game, against a bad Eastern Michigan team, Toledo gave up 283yards and 4 TD's to E Michigan's RB. Oliver is plenty capable of doing that if he is healthy.
    Buffalo does not score enough points to win this game. Also Buffalo has worse run defense than Toledo...bottom line is that Toleda is 7-1 and still have nice post season dreams...buffalo has one win and not much to play for.

mrsolodolo21

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    Buffalo does not score enough points to win this game. Also Buffalo has worse run defense than Toledo...bottom line is that Toleda is 7-1 and still have nice post season dreams...buffalo has one win and not much to play for.
    People said the exact same thing when Toledo played Eastern Michigan and was favored by 14.5. The final score was 52-47, and Toledo was lucky to win. The public only remembers the last game, and for Toledo, all they see is that they knocked off a ranked opponent. This is a sandwich game between their huge non-conference clash with Cincy and the meat of their MAC schedule (Ball St and Northern Ill), kind of a sandwich game for a Toledo team that has fallen asleep at the wheel earlier this season.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

People said the exact same thing when Toledo played Eastern Michigan and was favored by 14.5. The final score was 52-47, and Toledo was lucky to win. The public only remembers the last game, and for Toledo, all they see is that they knocked off a ranked opponent. This is a sandwich game between their huge non-conference clash with Cincy and the meat of their MAC schedule (Ball St and Northern Ill), kind of a sandwich game for a Toledo team that has fallen asleep at the wheel earlier this season.

No let down in this game...if Buffalo was worth anything I would prolly agree...this buffalo team is just not very good on either side of the ball.

mrsolodolo21

The key is Oliver. If he plays, this game could get a little more interesting.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Toledo always seems to play bad against bad teams

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

The key is Oliver. If he plays, this game could get a little more interesting.
    He hit this one right on. This kid healthy is one the best running backs in the country and a difference maker.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Toledo defense gives up an average of 229 yards per game on the road. Who are these offensive powerhouses gashing them? Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, and Wyoming.

Looks like Oliver and the run defense is why the line is set where it is, as was pointed out earlier.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out..

MasterP10
    MasterP10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3259

Take Buffalo

GL

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i was just going to post on this game..... i would think toledo really wants to impress voters badly these days.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    good insight and i always wonder about stuff like this. and buffalo has come up really big a few times in recent seasons. and toledo only beat EMU by 5.

still think toledo is very strong play here.