Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

I'll tell you why I'm taking the Ragin' Cajuns!

I can start in a lot of places, but let's first look at the fact that both these teams played FIU. While the scores were similar, ASU only out-gained FIU by 80 yards while ULL out-gained FIU by 242!

Let's look at last week's ULL loss to N. Texas, which is skewing the line for tonight. Besides pissing off ULL for tonite (I like hungry, angry teams that get to play six days later), it's also worth noting that ULL did NOT have their first-team, all-SBC 5.1 yards per carry (6.2 LY) speedster RB Alonzo Harris in that game because he had the flu that night. He's back in the line-up tonight to go along with Broadway's mobile, burn-you-in-place dual threat attack. I watched the North Texas game and saw Broadway reel off a 75-yard TD run and throw for 265 yards on the road.

When these two teams met last year in Arkansas, ULL should have won but committed 5 Turnovers to seal defeat. Don't count on that happening tonight. Unbelievably, playing against shitty South Alabama last week AT HOME, ASU was actually out-gained in that game but they won the game because South Alabama committed 12 penalties for 81 yards. Again, don't count on a Hudspeth-coached team to implode like that tonight. He has completely transformed ULL from losers to Bowl winners in ONE YEAR. Now he is back for more with a better QB than he had last year.

X-FActor: guys, if you didn't know....ULL has one of the best kickers in the nation.

X-Factor #2: Arkansas State has not covered against ULL since 2007.

ASU can pound the rock, so can ULL. ASU can throw it, so can ULL with Broadway. Difference is, ULL can stop the run and ASU can't. ASU is 4-9 ATS against a team with a winning record.

I've seen enough! Book Me!

RAGIN CAJUNS! -3
    Points Awarded:

darkghost gave Machine Choice 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Antwon1825
    Antwon1825's Avatar Become A Pro!

And what do you think about the over/under (my book currently 63)

jerseydave77
    jerseydave77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2926

In purely degenerate fashion I'm tailing the Machine to kill the boredom during my long commute home tonight.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Machine Choice

And one more thing: don't forget what ULL did to TROY several weeks ago on the road when Broadway had ZERO experience. Who has ASU beaten this year? Crickets. Could barely beat Memphis.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

past performance has NO baring on future performance...if so we would all be rich

KktdocT
    United Kingdom
    KktdocT's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL, mate.

Murray Rothbard
    Scared Money Don't Make Money
    Murray Rothbard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Good analysis. I also like ULL tonight. Hopefully this doesn't pan out like your predictions for the bears game.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Rothbard View Post
    Good analysis. I also like ULL tonight. Hopefully this doesn't pan out like your predictions for the bears game.
    Lions fans better play Lotto tickets today after that garbage-time TD with :41 left. Lucky f%$ks.

Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Omaga View Post
    past performance has NO baring on future performance...if so we would all be rich
    I tend to agree with this however you don't think in situations where the same coaches have been playing each other for a while that one coach may just have the better of another coach? While I tend to agree with you on trends, I do believe that sometimes a coach just has another coaches number.

Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Lions fans better play Lotto tickets today after that garbage-time TD with :41 left. Lucky f%$ks.
    LOL. I took an AR Lions over and that garbage TD saved me some money!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

3 fumbles in red zone, you were lucky you even had a chance, bet a inflated line get what you deserve..

Aquaplex
    Aquaplex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Can't believe this line dropped all the way to -3. I have ULL tonight as well.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    3 fumbles in red zone, you were lucky you even had a chance, bet a inflated line get what you deserve..
    Whatever, dude. Bears had Megatron in an ice chest and Stafford wearing Soldier Field in his grill.

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

An line line is dropping as my site has 66 % of bets on ULL so while ur ranting Vegas is dropping the line while bets are on ULL there begging for more on ULL good luck I'm on ark st at 4.5 an by the way ULL can't stop the run an they where down due to lack of depth

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RG3ING View Post
    An line line is dropping as my site has 66 % of bets on ULL so while ur ranting Vegas is dropping the line while bets are on ULL there begging for more on ULL good luck I'm on ark st at 4.5 an by the way ULL can't stop the run an they where down due to lack of depth
    And Arkansas State can?
    They give up more rushing yards per game than ULL.
    ULL will have Harris back, so now they have a better balance on Offense. They couldn't control the clock at all against NT and dropped it in the end.

playr101
    playr101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1511

GL Machine...

I took ULL -2.5 1H......

-playr101

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Rothbard View Post
    I tend to agree with this however you don't think in situations where the same coaches have been playing each other for a while that one coach may just have the better of another coach? While I tend to agree with you on trends, I do believe that sometimes a coach just has another coaches number.
    Except this is Malzahn's first year at Ark State.

Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by zola View Post
    Except this is Malzahn's first year at Ark State.
    I'm aware of that but I should of been more clear in my post. I was just talking in general terms and not specifically about this game. Omaga seems to believe that trends are completely useless and I was just giving my opinion on why I believe they can at times be helpful. That is all.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: A4K

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    And Arkansas State can?
    They give up more rushing yards per game than ULL.
    ULL will have Harris back, so now they have a better balance on Offense. They couldn't control the clock at all against NT and dropped it in the end.
    State wise ULL is worse at stopping the run an have a huge problem with lack of depth on the defensive side that is why n.t won they wore them down all game now ur gonna expect them to stop there new coach who is an offensive guru an they have a senior mobile Qb good luck

2daBank

Whatever, dude. Bears had Megatron in an ice chest and Stafford wearing Soldier Field in his grill.
    looking forward to your next excuse...

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call machine.

now go back into hiding

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    nice call machine.

now go back into hiding
    cmon bro it was just another bad beat,,,clearly he had this gm nailed as arky st barely got that run gm going at all

abcdef
    abcdef's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2499

all that analysis is shit shit shit

Murray Rothbard

I definitely picked the wrong team. Back to the board.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    nice call machine.

now go back into hiding
    Mechine is this true....you go into hiding when you post plays that lose? I'm just curious...so I know what to do the next time, this time it worked at well.

ermzzy
    ermzzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

worst thread ever

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

I can start in a lot of places, but let's first look at the fact that both these teams played FIU. While the scores were similar, ASU only out-gained FIU by 80 yards while ULL out-gained FIU by 242!

Let's look at last week's ULL loss to N. Texas, which is skewing the line for tonight. Besides pissing off ULL for tonite (I like hungry, angry teams that get to play six days later), it's also worth noting that ULL did NOT have their first-team, all-SBC 5.1 yards per carry (6.2 LY) speedster RB Alonzo Harris in that game because he had the flu that night. He's back in the line-up tonight to go along with Broadway's mobile, burn-you-in-place dual threat attack. I watched the North Texas game and saw Broadway reel off a 75-yard TD run and throw for 265 yards on the road.

When these two teams met last year in Arkansas, ULL should have won but committed 5 Turnovers to seal defeat. Don't count on that happening tonight. Unbelievably, playing against shitty South Alabama last week AT HOME, ASU was actually out-gained in that game but they won the game because South Alabama committed 12 penalties for 81 yards. Again, don't count on a Hudspeth-coached team to implode like that tonight. He has completely transformed ULL from losers to Bowl winners in ONE YEAR. Now he is back for more with a better QB than he had last year.

X-FActor: guys, if you didn't know....ULL has one of the best kickers in the nation.

X-Factor #2: Arkansas State has not covered against ULL since 2007.

ASU can pound the rock, so can ULL. ASU can throw it, so can ULL with Broadway. Difference is, ULL can stop the run and ASU can't. ASU is 4-9 ATS against a team with a winning record.

I've seen enough! Book Me!

RAGIN CAJUNS! +23.5
    Nice call...

BeantownBlue
    BeantownBlue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Please, keep posting your picks. I can make $$ by fading you.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I remember this guy from a while back, when I posted at another avenue.

I would take a looksee over here when Pags would post, and would come back here from time to time.

Machine is a bizarre cat. But he is entertaining.

I think he started getting upset with guys in his last college football thread.

I think boards are more fun when there are characters like M/C running around. I hope he sticks around, at least he tries.
    Last edited by SamDiamond; 10-24-12 at 06:52 PM.