A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I love LA.....WE LOVE IT! Magical selections inside.......DO NOT WAIT

This week's Los Angeles college football card is easy to fill out...

UCLA @ Arizona State -6.5

UCLA's 2 road wins were at Rice and Colorado. They were blown-out by Cal up North and have shown that while they are an up and coming young team in the PAC-12, they are not ready to go into a place like ASU and steal a win. ASU puts this one away midway through the 3rd. Full disclosure...born and raised Bruins fan. Still have to fade them on this one.

USC -6.5 @ Arizona

1-3 in PAC-12 play, Arizona has faced arguably the toughest PAC-12 schedule. Coming off a blowout win over Washington (52-17), I expect Arizona to be a lil too confident in this match-up. SC appears to have hit their stride after a narrow loss to Stanford and I expect USC to blow through Arizona much in the same fashion that Oregon did. USC wins by 2 scores or more unless they overlook Arizona in anticipation of the Oregon game. I think USC stays focused.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

I also like both. Probably gonna go really heavy on USC ML.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    I also like both. Probably gonna go really heavy on USC ML.
    That may be a smart choice. Out of the 2 games, I'm more worried about SC looking past Arizona. Either way, I like the direction of the PAC-12 as a whole. Lot's of new faces making waves in the conference.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not so sure of the UCLA/Arizona State pic, but I do like the USC game, and I hate to say it, but on the money line! Hating to say it because Laker714 used to disagree all the time, but lately we both are on the same page! I guess great minds are finally thinking a like!

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Not so sure of the UCLA/Arizona State pic, but I do like the USC game, and I hate to say it, but on the money line! Hating to say it because Laker714 used to disagree all the time, but lately we both are on the same page! I guess great minds are finally thinking a like!
    UCLA doesn't respond well to adversity. The one game where they looked like they had some fight in 'em was at home against Nebraska. I expect ASU to move the ball quickly and put UCLA in an early hole. A young UCLA team cannot be trusted on the road, especially at a place like ASU.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Looks like a decent tease down to even. BOL

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

But you also have to take in consideration they have had a bye week to prepare, and I have been really impressed with the quarterback for UCLA.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    But you also have to take in consideration they have had a bye week to prepare, and I have been really impressed with the quarterback for UCLA.
    I have as well. I think Mora finally has this team in a position to be competitive in the near future, in terms of winning the PAC-12 south. It was a ballsy move to start a redshirt freshman at QB, but Hundley looks as if he can become something special. I look forward to watching him grow as a player.

The bye week crossed my mind. I'm just not sold on this team going on the road.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Great points above. However, I don't think USC will be looking past this game. I also don't trust them to cover on a large wager, but I do feel really confident on them winning SU. Why I would play the chalk rather than taking AZ plus points is I don't wanna sweat out a backdoor cover like Lions backers yesterday. If SC were still undefeated, I can see them possibly looking past this game, but this SC team is better now that they're more balanced offensively. Potent offense and underrated defense will prevail. I don't see SC letting down in this game. They need to win since they still have an outside shot at the championship game and even the PAC 12 title.

A4K

Great points above. However, I don't think USC will be looking past this game. I also don't trust them to cover on a large wager, but I do feel really confident on them winning SU. Why I would play the chalk rather than taking AZ plus points is I don't wanna sweat out a backdoor cover like Lions backers yesterday. If SC were still undefeated, I can see them possibly looking past this game, but this SC team is better now that they're more balanced offensively. Potent offense and underrated defense will prevail. I don't see SC letting down in this game. They need to win since they still have an outside shot at the championship game and even the PAC 12 title.
    Funny, I thought the SC moneyline would have budged a bit more than it has at 5Dimes. Right now it's at -244, up from -240. Might have to forego laying the points on this one and take that moneyline. The game versus Utah with the backdoor cover has me concerned. The last thing I need is for Kiffin to pull all of the starters up 13 and give up a meaningless TD as the clock fades.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Funny, I thought the SC moneyline would have budged a bit more than it has at 5Dimes. Right now it's at -244, up from -240. Might have to forego laying the points on this one and take that moneyline. The game versus Utah with the backdoor cover has me concerned. The last thing I need is for Kiffin to pull all of the starters up 13 and give up a meaningless TD as the clock fades.
    I saw it open at -250 and stay steady on 5Dimes. I just checked again and it's still at -250. Where r u getting -244? Either way, I don't think it'll move that much. We will see what happens closer to the game. It is only Thursday. We should start seeing some line movement starting tomorrow. Yea, and to your last statement, that is what I'm going heavy on the ML rather than the spread. I can see SC controlling the entire game but leaving AZ with an opportunity to score a meaningless TD. With the implementation of more run plays, this SC team is more balanced but have a hard time pulling away from teams for blowouts. They really don't need to take any chances and that's why the like is at 6.5. Should be a relatively stress free SU win.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Stupid iPhone autocorrect makes my posts look like I barely graduated HS.

biggedge
    biggedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 362

Another to consider in the ASU/UCLA matchup is that the guys on ASU's D are intimately familiar with Mazzone's offense from facing it in practice and scrimmages for two years. I would be very confident in their ability to shut them down if not for the fact that Will Sutton, who was a shoe-in for 1st team All American and likely Pac DPOY, is most likely not returning until next week. The dropoff from him to his backup, a walk-on who did two tours of duty in Iraq, is huge. Oregon exploited it immediately once Sutton went down, and as an ASU fan, I'm worried that Franklin could have a big day. Food for thought...

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Either way, I'm gonna be enjoying this game. Even have to take my wife out Friday night so I can enjoy football on Saturday. Gonna be looking at the Beavers game if SC cashes.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by biggedge View Post
    Another to consider in the ASU/UCLA matchup is that the guys on ASU's D are intimately familiar with Mazzone's offense from facing it in practice and scrimmages for two years. I would be very confident in their ability to shut them down if not for the fact that Will Sutton, who was a shoe-in for 1st team All American and likely Pac DPOY, is most likely not returning until next week. The dropoff from him to his backup, a walk-on who did two tours of duty in Iraq, is huge. Oregon exploited it immediately once Sutton went down, and as an ASU fan, I'm worried that Franklin could have a big day. Food for thought...
    I was looking at both ASU and USC games and decided to go heavy on one; USC. Sutton is a huge difference maker especially against a mobile QB. I expect both SC and ASU to take care of business but I think the better bet is SC. They simply have superior talent and more to play for.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

In curious where the majority of the posters on this forum are from. Seems like they are all from the east coast cuz I don't hear many people talking about PAC 12 games.

biggedge

I was looking at both ASU and USC games and decided to go heavy on one; USC. Sutton is a huge difference maker especially against a mobile QB. I expect both SC and ASU to take care of business but I think the better bet is SC. They simply have superior talent and more to play for.
    Agree that USC is probably the better play. For me, I have to stay away from both because of my bias. The homer in me thinks ASU is going to win every game by 40, and the part of me that hates that putrid shithole down south thinks UA is going to go 0-11 every year.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Agree that USC is probably the better play. For me, I have to stay away from both because of my bias. The homer in me thinks ASU is going to win every game by 40, and the part of me that hates that putrid shithole down south thinks UA is going to go 0-11 every year.
    Lol, so you're an ASU alum?

biggedge

Lol, so you're an ASU alum?
    Yessir. Looks like you are too? Or did you just lose an avatar bet on that debacle last week?

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Yessir. Looks like you are too? Or did you just lose an avatar bet on that debacle last week?
    I attended both ASU and USC. Sucks they're both in the PAC 12 South. I lost big on ASU last week... Put that Avatar up to root for the Sun Devils and they let me down big time. Would've been a very different game if Sutton didn't go down the first freakin play. Then the rest of their defense started dropping like flys.

biggedge

Right on, man. Agree 100% on Sutton's impact on that game. I was there, and you could just feel the air sucked out of the D (and the stadium) after we started realizing he wasn't going back in. It will probably be your other school, but I look forward to a possible rematch in Title game w/ a healthy Will. Hopefully we can make it through this week w/o him and have him for the toughest games on the schedule.

A4K

Might be because I have a different bonus plan than you do at 5Dimes.
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 04-21-15 at 05:53 PM.

A4K

I kid you not, the moment I tried to put $480 on SC the line jumped to -249. Seems odd.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

wanna take USC ML big as well but USC have started a couple games slow this year and I am worried they will come out flat again. Also the spread is under a td which scares me off a bit as well.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    wanna take USC ML big as well but USC have started a couple games slow this year and I am worried they will come out flat again. Also the spread is under a td which scares me off a bit as well.
    The last time that SC was a single digit favorite on the road, was against Stanford. (GULP)

Moneyline or nothing for me.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Might be because I have a different bonus plan than you do at 5Dimes.
    How did u get that? Not much of a difference but still. I'm jealous.
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 04-21-15 at 05:54 PM.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    They're hitting their stride for the most important part of their schedule just like they did last year. They have too much of a balanced offense to not win. They're gonna implement a power running game with both their backs and Barkley will get some shots down the field. I'm really confident in this play. I think the line is where it is because theyre on the road they don't blowout teams; besides Those stupid practice games against Colorado and Hawaii.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

The last time that SC was a single digit favorite on the road, was against Stanford. (GULP)

Moneyline or nothing for me.
    Barkley has too much to lose in this game to not be on point. He'll have the Trojans ready to roll and not be complacent. Even if they start slow or behind, we have the explosive offense and Special Teams to get us back into it fast.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Just checked 5Dimes again and it's up to -255. Lets see how it moves tomorrow. Peace.

A4K

How did u get that? Not much of a difference but still. I'm jealous.
    I guess when you sign-up with 5Dimes, they have 7-10 different bonus options to choose from. They will give you the default bonus plan unless you ask for one of the others. Come Saturday morning, the line will be even lower under the reduced section of football.

REWARDS LINK

SmokenSherriff
    SmokenSherriff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

As devils advocate I want to mention that I have been convinced that what I thought had to be a pretender...after Nebraska game... really isn't. These kids are tough and really bought into Mora and what he is doing. They will not overlook or get blown out here.

They can be worn down sure on road and maybe late pull away but if AZ St. doesn't respond well to the being hit in the mouth and relentless effort letting UCLA hang around don't be surprised if they lose.

I have only watched about 3 games of each team and parts of others. AZ St. seems to look like a finesse team losing the defensive toughness they exhibited last year some. Ucla reminds me much of Sooners under coach Stoops first year. Tired of the school they represent being disrespected and ready hungry to finally follow a leader/coach in re defining just who they are.

So the only breakdown info above I really disagree with is the idea that their youth makes them vulnerable.

I don't think so... I think in this unique case their youth is a strength. They have not been everyone in the PAC 10 's bitch yet and after their start now know they aren't. The past... well there is none. Only the present and the present is they got someone in Mora who has em all drinking the kool aid and it takes a unique set of circumstances with programs in today's game for the players to really make it personal to them. You see this with the inconsistency of halves and play week to week. 10 star athletes and golden spoon kids just expecting to show up and win like that program has done the last 7-10 yrs. etc.

Not here... and not at Notre Dame... these kids want it bad and their hungry and that's dangerous. They have shown up to play every week and may be out talented by AZ St. but its those teams that seem to be inconsistent week to week. I think Im sold on UCLA enough to pretty much know what I'm gonna get out of them effort wise. Notre Dame too.

Now its the gamble on whether you get the OU against K -st or Tx tech last year or the Az st. against Missouri. "Character" as it apply's to effort in football is directly tied to their motivating factor or factors. Focus and consistent effort because its personal can make these guys a biting dog any week. I think the kids at UCLA and NOTRE DAME feel like their on a mission that involves being a part of doing something special. The goal is defined and they all want it. Whats AZ ST. and OU mission ? Probably depends who there you ask.

Ill sit these two out on the sidelines because I think both are live dogs. Definitely feel OU and AZ ST. should win but not sure they will or by how much. I think both games will be dog fights IMHO.

Be interesting to see it all unfold.

A4K

USC down to -229 @ 5Dimes

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

USC down to -229 @ 5Dimes
    Yea, I'm a little surprised with the type of line movement here. Not necessarily because I locked mine in at -250, but that it's moving the opposite direction as expected. I'm already locked in so nothing I can do now and hope I didn't miss anything.

A4K

Yea, I'm a little surprised with the type of line movement here. Not necessarily because I locked mine in at -250, but that it's moving the opposite direction as expected. I'm already locked in so nothing I can do now and hope I didn't miss anything.
    Yeah, I didn't see this coming either. Very strange. Line has dropped to -6. I'm searching for information, and I don't see any groundbreaking news that would warrant a drop in SC's odds.

A4K

Other than Arizona running more of a hurry up offense to off set SC's defense, I don't see any big revelations on the interwebs.

1234 Last