zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

GAMBLING101: I have OK State -4 in final leg of a tease, dumb not to take IState +14?

right????

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

what a middle

zoo youk

problem is i think OK State is gonna take them to the woodshed and don't wanna cut into my profit, if they do lol

i know its 100% the right move to do with that type of middle opportunity but fawk.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Iowa State could win this outright. OK State massively overrated here. Look what U of A's did to that Freshman QB. Iowa State is going to get turnovers. They finally have a vertical threat and can score points with Barnett at QB over Jantz. 10 pt middle...I'd take it or sprinkle a little on ISU $ line. 14 pts in a conference game is way too easy.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Yeah I'd take +14 for sure, unless you want to gamble. i think OK -4 looks pretty good but I think Iowa State keeps this close. Hedging is probably not a good idea unless you have a ton riding on it and I suspect you're about to win $50 or less...so just let it ride.

zoo youk

7-0 Iowa State...hopefully it doesn't get too out of hand so i can jump on something half time

zoo youk

this freshman QB for Okie State is incredibly good. going to be a Heisman candidate in a few years.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    problem is i think OK State is gonna take them to the woodshed and don't wanna cut into my profit, if they do lol

i know its 100% the right move to do with that type of middle opportunity but fawk.
    Why bet it in the first place if you were not going to see it through? Seems silly to me. Let her ride!

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Why bet it in the first place if you were not going to see it through? Seems silly to me. Let her ride!
    i did. but that middle was hard to pass up.

zoo youk

its not hedging or "not seeing it out" A4K, its the opportunity of having Ok State -4 and Iowa State +14 with a huge middle and chance of hitting both sides.

normally with a middle like that you take it all day long...but i just had a feeling OK state was going to take this team to the woodshed today and they are.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

hopefully u didn't hedge. Iowa State sucks

zoo youk

i didn't. post #3 stated what my mindset was...i posted i mite do it at halftime after iowa state went up 7-0 but than the Cowboys just completely took over going up and down the field like its nada.

telling you that QB is going to be a Heisman candidate

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

You got bailed out by an uncharacteristically horrible game by ISU. Dropping passes and stuff against a soft Okst D.

Congrats though, my ISU +21.5 just survived lol.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    its not hedging or "not seeing it out" A4K, its the opportunity of having Ok State -4 and Iowa State +14 with a huge middle and chance of hitting both sides.

normally with a middle like that you take it all day long...but i just had a feeling OK state was going to take this team to the woodshed today and they are.

I did a TON of middles with NBA and CBB totals last year. Game UNDERS and 2H overs. After reflecting back on the season, I would have made more just keeping my original bet. Good luck my friend.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Good cash Zoo! I teased ISU to +21. For how horribly they played, it was funny that all ISU needed was 7 pts. in the 2nd half for a push at +14. I didn't see Lenz's name at all. Maybe a surprise injury. Barnett had an off day and it's hard to generate offense without your best RB and best WR. ISU was in the red zone for a garbage TD opportunity at the end, but could not convert. I stand by my statement that +14 was too high of a line.