Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Anybody else taking West VA over K-State tomorrow?

Is this a good play? i got a pretty good chunk of my bank roll on it but i'm having second thoughts.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Is this a good play? i got a pretty good chunk of my bank roll on it but i'm having second thoughts.
    If for no other reason, I like this play because WVU is a small favorite over a team ranked waaaaaay above them. That alone should set off alarm bells. Think of all the hobby gamblers who will see that KState is ranked 4th and getting points versus a team that just got embarrassed the weekend before.

I like your play.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

^^^ Or they might think WV is free money after all the gaudy offensive stats they put up?

Me, I'm on Kansas St. Love Wildcats in dog role (15-5 road pups). Well balanced. They can light up the scoreboard and more importantly they play defense.

Cats an eye opening 10-1 ATS as regular season dogs. Coach Snyder always has his boys ready.

Mountaineers defense needs to check their "packages"

WVU Defense = 496 ypg. 37 ppg and a whopping 52 points average last three games. They do a discredit to the term defense. Not to be trusted.

I'll eagerly grab the points. gl with your pick.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    ^^^ Or they might think WV is free money after all the gaudy offensive stats they put up?

Me, I'm on Kansas St. Love Wildcats in dog role (15-5 road pups). Well balanced. They can light up the scoreboard and more importantly they play defense.

Cats an eye opening 10-1 ATS as regular season dogs. Coach Snyder always has his boys ready.

Mountaineers defense needs to check their "packages"

WVU Defense = 496 ypg. 37 ppg and a whopping 52 points average last three games. They do a discredit to the term defense. Not to be trusted.

I'll eagerly grab the points. gl with your pick.
    You might be right. I'm just going off of past experience. In general, the team ranked higher, getting points, loses. I'll try to dig up some stats on this scenario. I have them somewhere.

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Can people just move on from WVir, KSt wins this comfortably.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

im on K state LARGE---- -3 + 180

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1673

I like K-State...............A very good team and well coached. WV went from a BCS team, heisman trophy candiate and a bad "d". Still have a bad "d" and a over all let down.
    Last edited by CappinTerp; 10-19-12 at 03:15 PM. Reason: add

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i'm banking on the home field advantage being a big factor. I hear they like to drink moonshine in West Virginia

slim dog
    slim dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

I'm waiting on KSU team total. I will be pouncing on it! And yes, K-State wins this!

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i'm banking on the home field advantage being a big factor. I hear they like to drink moonshine in West Virginia
    Be careful, that Mountaineer defense will cause you to drink. Rumor is the whole defense has a drinking problem before games. Double vision when seeing oppossing RB's. Secondary forgets who to cover when watching hot chicks in the stands.

You ever try to chase somebody when you are drunk? Even slow bastards are quick and easy to just say fuk it, let'em go.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

We're just gonna see those stupid Colin Klein run plays all day. That shit is annoying as hell to watch even tho they are winning games.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

KState's defense is better on paper, but they can't defend the pass very well. They've faced mostly moderate to weak passing offense this year, and the only legit passer they faced (Landry Jones) threw for 298 yards against them. OU lost that game on a -3 TO margin while outgaining KState overall.

Enter WVU with their top 5 passing attack and I think the KState defense is going to look a lot softer than people expect. That being said, I know WVU won't be able to stop Collin Klein either, so it's a tough game to pick a side on. Definitely not a game to bet big on either side.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

^ In that game, KSST also only gave up 88 yards on the ground, so the 298 figure might be high because Oklahoma wasn't able to run a balanced attack. You can also credit at least one of those TO's to a good pass defense being an interception. And let's not forget the victor of that game and that OU was only held to 19 points.

WVU has a top 5 passing attack but wasn't able to do anything against Texas Tech, which Oklahoma was able to score easily on. Transitive property doesn't really work out all that well in College Foots as we all know, but I wouldn't trust those pass yardage rankings to the extent that those jaw-dropping numbers came against the hapless defenses of Texas and Baylor.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    ^ In that game, KSST also only gave up 88 yards on the ground, so the 298 figure might be high because Oklahoma wasn't able to run a balanced attack. You can also credit at least one of those TO's to a good pass defense being an interception. And let's not forget the victor of that game and that OU was only held to 19 points.

WVU has a top 5 passing attack but wasn't able to do anything against Texas Tech, which Oklahoma was able to score easily on. Transitive property doesn't really work out all that well in College Foots as we all know, but I wouldn't trust those pass yardage rankings to the extent that those jaw-dropping numbers came against the hapless defenses of Texas and Baylor.
    My comment regarding KState's pass defense was based more on their S&P+ rankings, which factor in strength of schedule to provide a more relevant number than just base stats. I mentioned OU as being the best passing offense they've faced to date, and the Sooners rank quite a bit back of the Mountaineers in offensive passing. WVU is also a better rushing team than OU.

KState is ranked 81st in Defensive Pass S&P. I suspect the Wildcats defense is about to take a hit as they face Geno Smith and Seth Doege in consecutive weeks.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    My comment regarding KState's pass defense was based more on their S&P+ rankings, which factor in strength of schedule to provide a more relevant number than just base stats. I mentioned OU as being the best passing offense they've faced to date, and the Sooners rank quite a bit back of the Mountaineers in offensive passing. WVU is also a better rushing team than OU.

KState is ranked 81st in Defensive Pass S&P. I suspect the Wildcats defense is about to take a hit as they face Geno Smith and Seth Doege in consecutive weeks.
    They have given up a lot of yards to some crappy teams (323 to Missouri State?!) but, for some reason, those yards haven't translated to points for their opponents. This could either due to luck or be a feature of their defense. They do seem to force a lot of field goals so maybe this bend-don't-break feature isn't properly accounted for in these S&P figures.

I also didn't know Standard and Poor's covered College Foots. Ok bad joke. Got a link for these figures so I can check em out? Thanks in advance.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    They have given up a lot of yards to some crappy teams (323 to Missouri State?!) but, for some reason, those yards haven't translated to points for their opponents. This could either due to luck or be a feature of their defense. They do seem to force a lot of field goals so maybe this bend-don't-break feature isn't properly accounted for in these S&P figures.

I also didn't know Standard and Poor's covered College Foots. Ok bad joke. Got a link for these figures so I can check em out? Thanks in advance.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ All available on Football Outsiders in the Stats section. Probably the best site available for both college and pro stats.

The bend-don't-break aspect is definitely not a typical defensive trait, so I agree there's probably something lost in translation, however thinking back to other teams that have had that similar resume, typically when such a team ends up facing an offensive juggernaut, the offense overpowers the defense. Think about how Eli and the Giants overpowered both the Packers and Patriots defenses last year. Those two very good teams were ultimately undone by the large volume of total offense they were giving up game after game.

Either way, it's not definitive in this case. Both teams will likely score a lot of points, so picking a side doesn't seem wise.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

West Virginia has NO defense,

K-state will destroy them because of this.....................

K-state is easy$$$.........................

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ All available on Football Outsiders in the Stats section. Probably the best site available for both college and pro stats.

The bend-don't-break aspect is definitely not a typical defensive trait, so I agree there's probably something lost in translation, however thinking back to other teams that have had that similar resume, typically when such a team ends up facing an offensive juggernaut, the offense overpowers the defense. Think about how Eli and the Giants overpowered both the Packers and Patriots defenses last year. Those two very good teams were ultimately undone by the large volume of total offense they were giving up game after game.

Either way, it's not definitive in this case. Both teams will likely score a lot of points, so picking a side doesn't seem wise.
    Thanks for the info dude. I tried to send you some points but it wouldn't let me (?)

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

K State is the play. West Virginia did nothing to deserve being a title contender IMO. Kansas State is very well coached, probably one of the better coached teams in the country

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

no way k state loses here..west vagina D is just THAT bad

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

WV's loss last week knocks them out of National Championship race, they will still be "hungover" and their offense will have trouble clicking again. K State is nice with the points, but I think its best to stay away.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    West Virginia has NO defense,

K-state will destroy them because of this.....................

K-state is easy$$$.........................

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Klein kid is amazing. should be Heisman lock