npmassa
    npmassa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5377

UCONN v Syracuse..10/19

I find it very hard to have faith in Syracuse as a Favorite at the same time UCONN is not anything to jump up and down over. i was at the pitt v syracuse game a couple of weeks back and cuse had many chances to ice the game and cover and just couldn't finish pitt. they played a very good Rutgers team last week and came within .5 point of getting the ATS win loosing 23-15. UCONN has not done much to catch the eyes of the betting public this season they seem very up and down...alot like cuse and just cant finish...looking for some insight on this game i was leaning over 43 its a TV game both teams should get up for and in a dome. anyone with some insight?

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

As with most Syracuse games, this one will come down to turnovers. Syracuse is second to last in the nation in turnover margin. They have to turn this around if they want to win games. Syracuse has been moving the ball pretty well the past few weeks, but Nassib has thrown some killer INTs. Whitmer, UConn's QB has thrown 10 INTs himself (four against Rutgers). UConn does a pretty good job defending the pass, as they rank 2nd in the country in opponent completion % and 11th in opponent passer rating.

The UConn offense overall is not very good. They rank 107th in total yards and 101st in points. Expect the Huskies defense to be on the field for a long time, and eventually tire, much like they did in the game against Temple last week. This methodical Syracuse passing attack should wear out UConn's secondary, leaving passing lanes for Nassib to throw through.

Also, UConn's kicking situation isn't the best right now, as their kicker was 0/4 last week.

In the past two seasons, UConn is 0-6 ATS as a road underdog, including losses to Western Michigan and Rutgers eariler this season.

I would at least reconsider your over wager, and possibly lean Syracuse if I had to pick a side.
    Last edited by mrsolodolo21; 10-19-12 at 12:33 AM. Reason: wording
    Points Awarded:

turbozed gave mrsolodolo21 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

wouldnt touch this game... but i would go with syracuse

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Hate watching big east teams play each other. Snooze fest.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by npmassa View Post
    I find it very hard to have faith in Syracuse as a Favorite at the same time UCONN is not anything to jump up and down over. i was at the pitt v syracuse game a couple of weeks back and cuse had many chances to ice the game and cover and just couldn't finish pitt. they played a very good Rutgers team last week and came within .5 point of getting the ATS win loosing 23-15. UCONN has not done much to catch the eyes of the betting public this season they seem very up and down...alot like cuse and just cant finish...looking for some insight on this game i was leaning over 43 its a TV game both teams should get up for and in a dome. anyone with some insight?
    Play the UNDER. These two will dial up a Friday night snooze fest.