t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Cal +2.5 is a very good play

Big rivalry game here. The timing is a bit weird this season as it's usually at the end of the year and I think it's going to play into the hands of Cal BIG TIME.

We all saw what happened in South Bend last weekend. This is the classic emotional letdown spot coming off such a tough loss. I'm not saying Stanford won't be prepared but at the same time it's going to be very difficult to get back up for this one particularly to the same level that Cal will be up for it.

Cal may very well be the best team under .500 in the country. At 3-4, their record is a bit misleading. They lost to a good Nevada team, nearly pulled off an impressive upset at Ohio State, lost at USC, and lost to what looks to be a very solid Arizona State team. A loss is a loss but the point is they are still a team that is very capable of pulling off the upset here.

I had hoped I'd be able to get lucky and possibly grab +3 but it doesn't look like the line is going to move that way. Don't really think it's worth it to pay the extra juice to get the field goal here so I'm comfortable taking the 2.5 and the ML as well at +120 or so.

GL gentlemen. Would appreciate some thoughts especially from Pac-12 guys.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

lean cal as well, GL Wizz

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Good luck t-wizz. Cal's QB all over the map. Never know what you're going to get from that cat.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

nice write-up, couple good angles you mentioned there. gl

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Agree Cal is a very dangerous dog in this spot

t-wizzle

Thanks fellas.

Yea no coin Maynard is spotty but I think he makes some plays off of play action here.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Stanfords physical style of play will absolulely kill Cals finesse bullshit. I fully expect Standford to curb stomp them after that loss to ND they are going to be fuming.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

im with zoo york. cal gets stomped. maynard will get rattled and play like shit. its what happened against USC. probably get atleast 12 TFL, maynard will be put in forced obvious throwing situations where he gets picked too

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Stanfords physical style of play will absolulely kill Cals finesse bullshit. I fully expect Standford to curb stomp them after that loss to ND they are going to be fuming.
    Different side of looking at it. Good chance it will be one or the other.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Big rivalry game here. The timing is a bit weird this season as it's usually at the end of the year and I think it's going to play into the hands of Cal BIG TIME.

We all saw what happened in South Bend last weekend. This is the classic emotional letdown spot coming off such a tough loss. I'm not saying Stanford won't be prepared but at the same time it's going to be very difficult to get back up for this one particularly to the same level that Cal will be up for it.

Cal may very well be the best team under .500 in the country. At 3-4, their record is a bit misleading. They lost to a good Nevada team, nearly pulled off an impressive upset at Ohio State, lost at USC, and lost to what looks to be a very solid Arizona State team. A loss is a loss but the point is they are still a team that is very capable of pulling off the upset here.

I had hoped I'd be able to get lucky and possibly grab +3 but it doesn't look like the line is going to move that way. Don't really think it's worth it to pay the extra juice to get the field goal here so I'm comfortable taking the 2.5 and the ML as well at +120 or so.

GL gentlemen. Would appreciate some thoughts especially from Pac-12 guys.
    I'm a big PAC-12 guy and half my dam family went to Cal, but I think Stanford's front 5 is just too much for Cal to handle. I think Stanford will dominate the line of scrimmage and control the clock. If Stanford controls the clock, Cal will be forced to score on almost every possession. I just don't trust Maynard and company to keep this within a field goal. If you can get Cal @ +3.5 or more, I'd take it, but 2.5 is not enough in my opinion.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I'm a big PAC-12 guy and half my dam family went to Cal, but I think Stanford's front 5 is just too much for Cal to handle. I think Stanford will dominate the line of scrimmage and control the clock. If Stanford controls the clock, Cal will be forced to score on almost every possession. I just don't trust Maynard and company to keep this within a field goal. If you can get Cal @ +3.5 or more, I'd take it, but 2.5 is not enough in my opinion.
    Didn't think this would happen but the line is inching toward 3.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Agreed I got it at +3 the day it opened. Seemed like most of my picks in NCAAF were dogs this week.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I'm a Berkeley grad and rabid fan of the team. I think Stanford will be too much for Cal to handle.

t-wizzle

Sharp books like Pinny and greek won't move to 3. At least not yet anyway.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

I'm on Cal as well. Bought the half pt and another half unit on the ML.

CrimsonTideFan
    CrimsonTideFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

I agree with the Cal pick. Trying to decide if I want to play the spread @ +3 or the ML. Cal @ home, Stanford coming off the letdown loss, and Nunes' shakiness on the road is enough for me.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Stanford is definitely the play.

rocket31
    rocket31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

stanford is the play here.

rocket31
    rocket31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by rocket31 View Post