Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Pre game jitters. Oregon vs. Arizona State?

Here is my question:

How good is the Oregon defense? That is the whole basis of my decision. Are they elite? Mediocre? Thoughts?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

settle down Justin, we got this

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

they're relatively quick but undersized and soft. asu will play smash mouth and look to control the clock with their solid stable of backs and a nice play action game.

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    settle down Justin, we got this
    Haha, I am just thinking in advance. Simply because it is my assumption that Oregon is really not as good a they lead on. I know that sounds completely ridiculous. However, I feel like most teams are actually intimidated by their offense. When you hear Oregon, you associate an obnoxious offense with them. I am trying to calculate exactly which team will do it. I have narrowed it down to Arizona State, Cal and Oregon State.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Ill stay away or just bet over for kicks
    I was thinking abut teasing 49ers/Oregon but gonna wait till weekend or go with dogs

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Ill stay away or just bet over for kicks
    I was thinking abut teasing 49ers/Oregon but gonna wait till weekend or go with dogs
    I hear you man. Good Luck!

Trackrec
    Trackrec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5118

Ducks are not undersized. they are big and fast. Defense is no Joke. we get no love because our offense steals the show. They practice against the fastest offense in the PAC; If we're gonna talk about 'a nice play action game'.... The Ducks D will not be surprised at all. D also doesn't get respect because 14-20 points happen in garbage time when Kelly is putting in 3rd and 4th bench. I have a feeling Kelly is gonna keep his weapons on the field for the entire game... which will finally show a scoreboard that tells the real truth.

DUCKS DEFENSE LINE
    Taylor Hart
    Ht:
    6-6
    Wt:
    Wade Keliikipi
    Ht:
    6-3
    Wt:
    Jared Ebert
    Ht:
    6-5
    Wt:
    Dion Jordan
    Ht:
    6-7
    Wt:
    ASU OFFENSE LINE
    Evan Finkenberg
    Ht:
    6-6
    Wt:

Matt Hustard
    Ht:
    6-5
    Wt:

Garth Gerhart
    Ht:
    6-1
    Wt:

Adam Tello
    Ht:
    6-3
    Wt:

Here's an article on Oregon's D to chill your head down. http://oregon.scout.com/2/1204061.html

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

oregon gives up 233 yds/game passing (68th) and 127 yds/game rushing (38th)

that is pretty darn good when you consider the fact that teams have more possessions against them since they play so fast and a lot of those yards are in garbage time

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

With their offense, it doesn't matter.

geislr76
    geislr76's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

They didn't give up one point in a 49-0 romping of Arizona.

Mind you Arizona is a team that beat OK State. Arizona has an incredibly potent offense ranked 5th in the nation in passing, and 46th in rushing. And they haven't played joke teams either. They've played: OK State, Oregon St, and Stanford.

I have written on quite a few boards this week to talk about how Oregon is not something you take lightly - they are kinda like Heroin. If you go in thinking you've got it all figured out, chances are you are going to be burned.

They are fast, efficient, and very well coached. Personally, I love them in this match-up. I think Vegas is hoping for "sharp" money here. The big party school ASU looks to end Eugene's party. But it won't happen. The Devils are getting forked tonight.

Oregon -8.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The play here was ASU +10. I don't think game is bettable right now, play Houston -4.5 instead

Justin3587

Starting to lean Oregon.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

This is Oregon's first road test of the year. Their only other non home game was vs wash st. in Seattle where the Seahawks play. Thursday night home dogs on ESPN have been solid over the years, and ASU planning a black out, sell out, etc, big rowdy one sided stadium for the first time this year for Oregon.

ASU is playing way more cohesively and disciplined since they dumped Erickson as coach. Oregon's lights out speed might make it a non issue, as I have noticed they actually let up on teams in the 2nd half this year and still scored 50-60 on them.

trapezoid
    trapezoid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

First instinct was to take ASU at 10.5

I'm a bit nervous betting oregon...public would bet ducks overwhelmingly at 10 plus. Don't like the line move... but im on ducks -7.5, also teased them down with clemson and bears mnf.

I'm eager to watch 60 minutes of oregon's best on both sides of the ball against a team of this calibre.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Trackrec View Post
    Ducks are not undersized. they are big and fast. Defense is no Joke. we get no love because our offense steals the show. They practice against the fastest offense in the PAC; If we're gonna talk about 'a nice play action game'.... The Ducks D will not be surprised at all. D also doesn't get respect because 14-20 points happen in garbage time when Kelly is putting in 3rd and 4th bench. I have a feeling Kelly is gonna keep his weapons on the field for the entire game... which will finally show a scoreboard that tells the real truth.

DUCKS DEFENSE LINE
    Taylor Hart
    Ht:
    6-6
    Wt:
    Wade Keliikipi
    Ht:
    6-3
    Wt:
    Jared Ebert
    Ht:
    6-5
    Wt:
    Dion Jordan
    Ht:
    6-7
    Wt:
    ASU OFFENSE LINE
    Evan Finkenberg
    Ht:
    6-6
    Wt:

Matt Hustard
    Ht:
    6-5
    Wt:

Garth Gerhart
    Ht:
    6-1
    Wt:

Adam Tello
    Ht:
    6-3
    Wt:

Here's an article on Oregon's D to chill your head down. http://oregon.scout.com/2/1204061.html
    What position do you play? Or do you fetch the Gatorade?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

elite but some injuries

LT Profits

I am LOVING my position on ASU +10 seeing what is going on.

Trackrec
    Trackrec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5118

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    What position do you play? Or do you fetch the Gatorade?
    I like that. Oregon is my Alma Mater... I have two reasons to say "we and us" 1.) tuition 2.) putting money where my mouth is.

A4K

I like that. Oregon is my Alma Mater... I have two reasons to say "we and us" 1.) tuition 2.) putting money where my mouth is.

I'm just pulling your chain. I'm a PAC-12 guy and I like that Oregon has risen to national prominence. BOL tonight!

MeatWad

I love those Oregon cheerleaders, the Beavers are the best in the business. Opps Beavers are Oregon St, guess it still applies though.

Oregon is going to get slammed in a couple of weeks when they visit USC. I almost hope Oregon wins impressively tonight soo I can get a better spread when I lay serious wood on USC in a couple weeks.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    I love those Oregon cheerleaders, the Beavers are the best in the business. Opps Beavers are Oregon St, guess it still applies though.

Oregon is going to get slammed in a couple of weeks when they visit USC. I almost hope Oregon wins impressively tonight soo I can get a better spread when I lay serious wood on USC in a couple weeks.
    USC is the most overrated team in the PAC-12. All of those stars at skillset positions and yet they always come up short. Never come close to meeting expectations.

LT Profits

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    GL with this, definitely would have liked getting +10 here.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Hope Sutton is ok.
    On ASU +10 (3.5X)
    ASU +8 (0.5X)

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Oregon has a very solid D. They are exactly what they are supposed to be in that system.

Insanely fast.

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    USC is the most overrated team in the PAC-12. All of those stars at skillset positions and yet they always come up short. Never come close to meeting expectations.
    Doesn't help they have a bum coaching them and always seem to be a program with more flash than substance, more speed than grit. Despite their consistent lack of effort, I think Barkley and company round up the troups and win the rest of the way.

Amazing talent, I don't think even Lane Kiflin can mess it up again this year. Besides some of the gangsta's on USC will want to shine for their gangsta friends who went north to Eugene.

A4K

Doesn't help they have a bum coaching them and always seem to be a program with more flash than substance, more speed than grit. Despite their consistent lack of effort, I think Barkley and company round up the troups and win the rest of the way.

Amazing talent, I don't think even Lane Kiflin can mess it up again this year. Besides some of the gangsta's on USC will want to shine for their gangsta friends who went north to Eugene.
    They have some tough games left. I expect at least 2 losses on the season. Notre Dame and Oregon, one of them will beat SC.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

What I wouldn't do to have one o them tickle my balls

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

My parents are both UW grads, was nearly disowned after deciding I wanted to go to UO.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    What I wouldn't do to have one o them tickle my balls
    Google Images - Oregon Cheerleaders Lake Retreat

You can thank me later.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7724

You still loving it?