GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

OU vs ASU line dropping faster than a hooker's panty--at +8.5 now

What does this mean, where do you stand, and why?

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

ASU has a decent home record against top 25 teams over the last few seasons. ASU has a puncher's chance of keeping up with Oregon.

Derek2408
    Derek2408's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I've got 7.5 on mine

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does not matter what the line is going to be, as Oregon is going to roll.

Derek2408

I feel that way as well, teased them with the Monday night overs to -3 but may lay some major wood, although I'd probably buy the half point.

Urbanwildlife

You know how sometimes you just have the feeling, that vibe, where you "just know", well that is what I am feeling on this game, and this is why I am making it my play of the year so far, and most of my plays are dime plays, so that kind of gives you an idea how strong I feel about this game, but I have felt this feeling before and lost, like last year on the Monday night game between Baltimore and Jacksonville, where Baltimore had minus yards at halftime, and lost the game 12-7 gaining only 146 yards for the entire game, while being a 10 point favorite.

Derek2408

I'm hoping Oregons quick strike offense will take ASUs crowd out of the game early.. Think I will pull the trigger as well with a big play on Oregon. So many weapons offensively and unlike WV, has the defense to help offset an off night offensively should it happen

Urbanwildlife

My sentiments exactly, as I fully expect Oregon Head Coach Chip Kelly, whom I have all the respect in the world for, to have his team come out flying, in hopes of doing exactly what you had mentioned. Looking very forward to taking the stroll to the pay window for a nice payout!

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2408 View Post
    I'm hoping Oregons quick strike offense will take ASUs crowd out of the game early.. Think I will pull the trigger as well with a big play on Oregon. So many weapons offensively and unlike WV, has the defense to help offset an off night offensively should it happen
    Oregon's defense is overrated. They haven't faced an uptempo team like ASU. I'm not saying that Oregon will lose, but to make a selection based on their defense seems silly.

Derek2408

Confused on where I said I was basing my bet on Oregons defense? Simply said unlike WV, Oregon has a defense capable of keeping them in the game if the offense falters. The reason I'm taking Oregon has to do with their bye week, explosive offense, solid defense, and belief Arizona State is an overrated team. Keep puttin words in my mouth kiddo!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I really like Oregon in this game but hate feeling so square for feeling that way.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I really like Oregon in this game but hate feeling so square for feeling that way.
    Your not, as it seems most people are now jumping on the Arizona State hype bandwagon, only to find themselves disappointed when the final seconds of the game tick off!

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

thursday night home dog and a decent one at that...to me, the only play here is asu

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2408 View Post
    Confused on where I said I was basing my bet on Oregons defense? Simply said unlike WV, Oregon has a defense capable of keeping them in the game if the offense falters. The reason I'm taking Oregon has to do with their bye week, explosive offense, solid defense, and belief Arizona State is an overrated team. Keep puttin words in my mouth kiddo!
    Good luck with your selection. By the way, I'm far from being a kid.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Your not, as it seems most people are now jumping on the Arizona State hype bandwagon, only to find themselves disappointed when the final seconds of the game tick off!
    Agreed. I hate how people here created this term "square" for whenever someone bets on a obvious favorite...

MasterP10
    MasterP10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3259

On AZ ST +10.5

Oregon is over valued and AZ St is under valued.

GL everyone
    Last edited by MasterP10; 10-17-12 at 05:33 PM.

smack3179
    smack3179's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ducks win by 3 touchdowns.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Over

testertips

both qbs are freshmen and asu has a first year head coach... lots of variables to this game.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by smack3179 View Post
    Ducks win by 3 touchdowns.
    Smack, you are the best!

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I also dislike that term "Sharp" and "Square".

The only Square is the guy who took the wrong side and doesn't cash. Love it when so called "Sharps" lose and say the Squares won today. I'll also take luck anyday and only want to win. I guess so called "Sharps" gain some satisfaction with blaming refs, luck and a slew of other excuses when they lose.

Duck backers have to be a little concerned with line movement. Will be interesting to see where this number closes.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by MasterP10 View Post
    On AZ ST +10.5

GL everyone
    This has to be nominated for joke of the day!

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    I also dislike that term "Sharp" and "Square".

The only Square is the guy who took the wrong side and doesn't cash. Love it when so called "Sharps" lose and say the Squares won today. I'll also take luck anyday and only want to win. I guess so called "Sharps" gain some satisfaction with blaming refs, luck and a slew of other excuses when they lose.

Duck backers have to be a little concerned with line movement. Will be interesting to see where this number closes.
    Nice post like most of yours are. Not concerned at all in the line movement, as the only thing that matters is how I feel about the game. I did my due diligence and I was secure enough in what I came up with to make my largest play of the year on Oregon, and I am soooooooo looking forward to taking that stroll to the pay window , because that is exactly where I am going to be going. GO DUCKS! Cannot wait for the game to get here!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GWOZOZO View Post
    What does this mean, where do you stand, and why?
    It means if you bought into Ore -10 or -8 for that matter,

you might as well burn your ticket now.............

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Nice post like most of yours are. Not concerned at all in the line movement, as the only thing that matters is how I feel about the game. I did my due diligence and I was secure enough in what I came up with to make my largest play of the year on Oregon, and I am soooooooo looking forward to taking that stroll to the pay window , because that is exactly where I am going to be going. GO DUCKS! Cannot wait for the game to get here!

Thanks. Good luck. I settled for + 9 1/2 . Was hoping for +10, but wasn't to be. Should be a good game. I'm much more confident in 49ers - 7 , but like my chances with the Sun Devils at home getting points. My remote will be getting a workout.

Urbanwildlife

I think so!

MasterP10

Originally Posted by MasterP10
    On AZ ST +10.5

GL everyone

Urban, have you bet this game? What number did you get? That's all that matters in the end. And I know I'm sitting pretty damn good with my +10.5 in my pocket.
    Last edited by MasterP10; 10-17-12 at 06:54 PM.

MasterP10

This has to be the Joke of the Century. " Not concerned about the line movement, as the only thing matters is how I feel about the game"

LMAO, nobody gives a hoot what your opinion is about the game as the market tells us so.

testertips

Quote Originally Posted by testertips View Post
    both qbs are freshmen and asu has a first year head coach... lots of variables to this game.
    opps... Taylor Kelly is a soph that played 2 games last year going 4 for 4 on his pass attempts.

Urbanwildlife

Originally Posted by MasterP10
    On AZ ST +10.5

GL everyone

Urban, have you bet this game? What number did you get? That's all that matters in the end. And I know I'm sitting pretty damn good with my +10.5 in my pocket.
    I actually got it twice, one play at 10 on Sunday night and the other play was late this afternoon when the line was 7.5, but I bought it down to 7 as I do on all bets 10 and under that have a hook. I also have invested several dimes on the bet, as it is my largest bet of the year to date.

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

Going to roll with the Ducks here.. -8 (-110).. Good Luck and Go Ducks!

MasterP10

I actually got it twice, one play at 10 on Sunday night and the other play was late this afternoon when the line was 7.5, but I bought it down to 7 as I do on all bets 10 and under that have a hook. I also have invested several dimes on the bet, as it is my largest bet of the year to date.
    Urban, GL your going to need it.

Urbanwildlife

Urban, GL your going to need it.
    I do not need your luck, as I have confidence in my abilities, and in Chip Kelly and the Oregon Ducks, but the luck you were sending me is much appreciated and accepted!

I guess we will find out tomorrow night won't we!

xcrazyaenoyx
    xcrazyaenoyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

you gonna need it urban! there reason why line drop from -9.5 to -8 and people still pounding on oregon...really? come on it should be like -14. i'm taking arizona state +8. Vegas see this close game. people need to learn these line sharp coming. i been winning huge with these line sharp example texas tech +4, last night north texas+3.5,and oh yea Iowa -7 remember Urban? u say minnesota for sure its lock when they 5-0 lolz... but well see tmr good luck to ya!

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Vegas sole objective is to get even action.. Not to gamble themselves clown there not trying to make u take anything

123 Last