RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Can Arizona State keep it close to Oregon?

You guys think ASU can keep it close with Oregon, or even win SU?

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

ASU d can keep them in games. and there O aint to shaby either. + they are at home.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Another reason to lay off this game if you like Arizona ST (+9) is the fact that Oregon has had two weeks to prepare for them....Oregon is also clearly heads and shoulders above everyone else in the Pac-12 having blown out the competition....Even though the Sun Devils might pull off the upset being at home and what not, I just don't have the stones to bet against the Ducks and that explosive offense at this point and juncture in the season.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

and you are a very smart man Da Manster!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    and you are a very smart man Da Manster!

thanks, bro!...

ridims

Oregon hasnt had tough competition so far. ASU as well. Although, you have to like ASU defense coming into this game.

Oregon has given up way to many points against some really bad teams. There first true road test this year as well.

G;luck

Urbanwildlife

Oregon played in Washington State and that is one tough place to play, and they did quite well!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-15-12 at 07:13 PM.

MasterP10
    MasterP10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3259

yes i think they have a good chance to win the game but take the points for sure

ridims

Oregon played in Washington and that is one tough place to play, and they did quite well!
    u mean washington state... a team that lost to visiting Colorado. COLORADO (lost to sacramento state). LOL. Ya thats some hostile place to play. hahaha. Washington State also put up over 20 points on the Ducks. A team ranked well over 100..... Imagine what ASU can put up on them. This is not going to be a blow out, +9.5 points for a road team against a team that matches up great with them. Right. Take Oregon.

and we all saw what ASU did to Colorado last Thursday night. ASU has extra time to prep for this game to.

line is way to inflated. hence the drop to -9 already

Urbanwildlife

Yes Washington State, and I guess we will see on Thursday night, but I know I am riding in the car of the Ducks in a big way.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

I have a similar thread regarding this game. I'm considering a large play on the Sun Devils. Line opened -11 and now at -9. Hmmm, why is the line dropping so much past the magical 10? Like some of the posters already stated, Ducks haven't played anybody yet. Prob softest schedule in the PAC 12 so far. Not saying ASU has played elite talent but the line movement so far makes ASU a large play for me. I'm regretting not taking them at +10. What have the spreads been for ORE so far? -80, -76, etc... They can be scored on and ASU has a pretty good D.

Take the home team in an important conference game on national television. ASU students are gonna blackout the stadium and the players will be hyped. U can't ignore the line opening at -11 and now at -9 for ORE.

geislr76
    geislr76's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Ducks are easy here. They score at will. This supposed great ASU defense hadn't faced anything really. And when they played a team that wasn't shit or outside the PAC 12, they played Missouri and lost by 4. Missouri sucks balls.

Probably best to leave alone, but i seriously see ducks winning by 14+. It could honestly be a slaughtering.

Don't be surprised come Thursday night the final is 49-17 Ducks.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Your angle for this game is way off. I agree ASU hasn't played anybody elite yet but they lost on the road. The Ducks have played nobody so far. Trust me, Ducks aren't a give me play in this spot. You think line makers r stupid? If they were that easy a play, they wouldn't have set the line at -11 and have it drop to -9 now.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

It's gonna be a closer game than most think with ASU possibly having a chance to win SU at the end of the game.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Oregon all day....

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Oregon all day....
    Lol, great post!

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    Lol, great post!
    Thanks Lakers714....I didn't realize you like ASU to cover. I just saw the thread title and immediately made a comment. Be careful if you play the Sun Devils. It takes a lot of preparation and a very talented defense to compete with Oregon.

CrimsonTideFan
    CrimsonTideFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Oregon played in Washington State and that is one tough place to play, and they did quite well!

eatdarich
    Yo Momma's Pimp
    eatdarich's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Oregon has outscored Arizona State 175-81 during a four-game winning streak in Tempe.

Ducks all day!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    I have a similar thread regarding this game. I'm considering a large play on the Sun Devils. Line opened -11 and now at -9. Hmmm, why is the line dropping so much past the magical 10? Like some of the posters already stated, Ducks haven't played anybody yet. Prob softest schedule in the PAC 12 so far. Not saying ASU has played elite talent but the line movement so far makes ASU a large play for me. I'm regretting not taking them at +10. What have the spreads been for ORE so far? -80, -76, etc... They can be scored on and ASU has a pretty good D.

Take the home team in an important conference game on national television. ASU students are gonna blackout the stadium and the players will be hyped. U can't ignore the line opening at -11 and now at -9 for ORE.
    Agree with you. The line tells me to go with ASU +9.

geislr76

Ummmm the ducks played Arizona and beat them 49-0.

Az put up a great fight to a very good Stanford and Oregon St. They also put up 38 on OK State. Stanford and Oregon St have good D's. Az can run and gun and have a VERY high potent offense. The Ducks made them look completely foolish. SHUTOUT!!!!

This ASU team has played N AZ, Illinois, Utah, Cal, and Colorado. They beat them all. Of course their D looks good.

Then they go into Mizzou and lose 24-20 to a Mizzou team that is terrible.

You can't lose to a very bad SEC team and pretend you can be good enough to play against one of the best teams in the nation, and the best offense in the nation.

groovybrandone
    groovybrandone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 556

the snap count / asu defense time on field i think is the difference here. most of the defenses that oregon plays dont have enough gas for the full drive since they snap the ball asap. if oregons d steps up and gets quick outs, asu's d could be gasping just based on amount of plays

ridims

Quote Originally Posted by geislr76 View Post
    Ducks are easy here. They score at will. This supposed great ASU defense hadn't faced anything really. And when they played a team that wasn't shit or outside the PAC 12, they played Missouri and lost by 4. Missouri sucks balls.

Probably best to leave alone, but i seriously see ducks winning by 14+. It could honestly be a slaughtering.

Don't be surprised come Thursday night the final is 49-17 Ducks.
    you have a lot to learn my little buddy.

if you think the home crowd will not factor in on this game you are new. you also say "ducks easy" here but then you follow up with "probably best to leave it alone". then back to "ducks winning by 14+". I think you should not gamble at all or even say another word. Its obvious you have NO FUQING CLUE.

ridims

Quote Originally Posted by geislr76 View Post
    Ummmm the ducks played Arizona and beat them 49-0.

Az put up a great fight to a very good Stanford and Oregon St. They also put up 38 on OK State. Stanford and Oregon St have good D's. Az can run and gun and have a VERY high potent offense. The Ducks made them look completely foolish. SHUTOUT!!!!

This ASU team has played N AZ, Illinois, Utah, Cal, and Colorado. They beat them all. Of course their D looks good.

Then they go into Mizzou and lose 24-20 to a Mizzou team that is terrible.

You can't lose to a very bad SEC team and pretend you can be good enough to play against one of the best teams in the nation, and the best offense in the nation.
    best to shut up please. you are a fool.

geislr76

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    best to shut up please. you are a fool.
    At home last year, ASU lost to the Arizona Wildcats. THE ARIZONA WILDCATS. Of course crowd will have a small factor. But when the Ducks start to piss pound them, soon the crowd shuts up, and everyone leaves to go back to those wild ASU parties. What sounds more appealing to a bunch of rich kids with mom and dad's money? Watch their football team get raped or go back to the party to do blow, watch two chicks make out with their tops off, and make a 1 am run to Vegas?

But yeah, you are right. I'm the fool. Just remember when the Ducks cover it's best not to call people your "little buddy" and that yes, some do have more intelligence than you. And when I say it's best to leave alone, I'm talking in regards to the person posing the question. I for one am hammering the Ducks. But if you aren't convinced, it's definitely a game to leave alone.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    You guys think ASU can keep it close with Oregon, or even win SU?
    Absolutely. I will be on the Devils, need to research more tonight to determine how much. Devils + 10 right now

Public and everyone knows all about the Ducks. Hope they push this # up.

Lots of strong trends point to Ducks, but.

ASU 5-0 HD, 5-0 ATS.

Kelly 929 passing yards last three - 11 TD's - No Picks. Ducks are powerhouse, but Devils can play.

Solid Home Dog here @ +10 or more.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I've found that the transitive property works really shitty (meaning not at all) when it comes to Pac 12 teams. Team A will beat Team B handily. And then Team B will beat Team C handily. And then Team C will end up playing Team A close or win straight up. It's weird.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I've found that the transitive property works really shitty (meaning not at all) when it comes to Pac 12 teams. Team A will beat Team B handily. And then Team B will beat Team C handily. And then Team C will end up playing Team A close or win straight up. It's weird.
    Yeah my first thought when I read that was Stanford beat USC, Washinton Beat Standord, USC beat Washington

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

the ducks shit all over me lasttime i bet against them. no more

nevowski
    nevowski's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would lean towards no, but then again, I am 0 for everything on any game during the weekday. Usually because of some stupid shit done by a West Coast Team.

Pivotpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Retrospect View Post
    the ducks shit all over me lasttime i bet against them. no more

Bad luck. Ducks only 2-4 ATS. Only covers @ home against Washington and Zona.

Interesting point. Would you believe that between the 3 teams mentioned above they have only ONE COVER ON THE ROAD ?

Zona covered against Stanford. That's it!

Granted, Ducks somehow only had one game so far on the road against Washington St. Cougars suck and this will be there first real test on the road. Home field is huge in College football.

Sun Devils have unblemished ATS record with one push.

Number went to 10 then back down to 9 1/2

Hope the public shows the Ducks some love. Can almost count on it and will wait for Sun Devils getting double digits plus at home.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

^ To be fair, Oregon only didn't cover the spread in its first few games because they were like 49-0 at halftime and sent in their scrubs to play the 2h.

Oregon doesn't seem to be concerned about covering the spread as long as the game is out of reach. 9-10 points is within reach so I would say that the soft defenses responsible for their opponents' scores in those games isn't a factor.

You want to bet on what they're capable of doing and expected to do under the circumstances. This means throwing out a lot of irrelevant data.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Oregon all day....

Pivotpoint

To clarify, technically this will be Oregons first road game.

They did not play at Washington St. They played in Seattle (Neutral site) and the place was loaded with Duck Fans.

Oregon QB Mariota red shirted last year. Basically he's a Frosh and this will be his FIRST START IN HOSTILE TERRITORY.

I'm not certain, but I believe Sun Devil Stadium is close to being sold out. Kinda rare.

They are urging fans to wear black (black out) and scream their lungs out.

These Thursday night college games with alcohol fueled students and fans can get crazy. ASU big party school.

Much respect for Ducks and they are loaded with talent. ASU has some real nice defensive numbers. Be careful.

Urbanwildlife

Nice post Pivotpoint!

12 Last