70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

K-State @ Iowa State writeup.

My take:

These two have played very close the last four tilts but I'll lay the 6-. K-State D is handling rush much better than last year, allowing 109/gm so far. Last year they allowed fewer than that in only four games, which included E Ky and Baylor. Iowa St put 215 yds on the Cats. (For their own part the Cats put 202 on the Cyclones.) Pass D is playing nasty, 7th overall in the nation, 14 sacks in five games. Recall a frustrated OU QB Landry Jones in Norman two games ago in Cats 24-19 upset, Cat D forcing three turnovers and yielding only one Sooner TD pass and 88 yds over ground, compared to 170 last year. This is a balanced and aggressive Cats D, much improved and bad news for the Cycs, who managed only 6 points at Iowa and 13 at home vs Texas Tech.

On the other side of the ball, QB Klein's superb play behind a very good O-line -- better than last year's -- is putting up big numbers, 50+ pts in three of five games (Missou St, Miami, Kansas). Cycs certainly warrant respect, especially a D that's kept everyone under 24 points. But the Cats' Klein and wise old dog Bill Snyder, as formidable a pairing of QB and coach as one will find today in college ball, are surely making Cyc coaches and players burn the midnight oil in the film room this week. There's Cats value in this line, as last week the Cycs had an easier go of it than rankings and stats crunching would have suggested: TCU's backup QB came in totally green, with only a day or so to prepare following starting QB Pachall's DUI bust and suspension. Result: five turnovers gift-wrapped for an asterisked Iowa State win which has this week's number under a TD. Juicy. Note that weather is due, and the field is grass. The fair-weather play: K-State -6-
    Points Awarded:

guy Fawkes gave 70CoupeDeVille 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Good Luck, and thanks for the write up!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

KState is my largest wager this weekend.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

nice write up

you got me convinced!

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kudos 70CoupeDeVille! This game also stood out to me for the exact reasons you mentioned.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice and square

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

K-State is the right side here, even if it is square.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas State is the only play, as it will allow you to take the stroll to the pay window! I know I am going to enjoy it!

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa State ML parlayed with the Under is the play.

70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

Thx Fawkes. Thx Chi Archie.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

excellent writing.
    weather will almost certainly be a factor...
    could be messy!