D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

Oregon State at BYU

Why is Oregon State a dog at BYU? Oregon State has made me so much money this year, and I just don't understand why they keep putting them as underdogs. Especially at BYU, who can't seem to get it going on offense. Anyone care to explain?

areallygoodnoob
    areallygoodnoob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

OSU's QB is out. BYU's defense may outscore the two offenses combined...

D Med
    War Eagle!

That explains it, thanks for the information. Under looks like the play here.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

BYU QB Taysom Hill will likely be out too, so a banged up Riley Nelson will take over the offense again. This gives the unders play even more steam.

D Med
    War Eagle!

Yeah, I already knew about Hill being out. This Under might be the play of the week, depending on the total they come out with.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

byu is tough at home... i think this line is dead on

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Riley Nelson is a MAJOR upgrade over the previous QB. Passing game was not an option with Hill. BYU in a route.

D Med
    War Eagle!

I doubt BYU wins and if they do they win, it will be by a field goal. Oregon State has a tough defense. I would stay away from picking a side, and go with the under here.

mrsolodolo21

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Riley Nelson is a MAJOR upgrade over the previous QB. Passing game was not an option with Hill. BYU in a route.
    Yeah, Nelson brings different things to the table (experience, senior leadership), but I'm not sure I would say this is a major upgrade, especially when he is probably less than 100% healthy. Hill struggled at Boise, but a fair amount of credit should go to the Broncos defense. Hill was 24/36 for 235 yards last game vs Utah St. Those aren't overly impressive numbers, but I wouldn't say the passing game was dead with him at QB.

smack3179
    smack3179's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like BYU this week and they do play good at home. I say BYU wins by 10!!

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

fukk byu and their shit brand of football. i'll grab oregon state +7 and higher if/when the line gets there. byu's offense is beyond vanilla and beavers still have a strong running game and defense plus better athletes and coaching. gl

Mufasa
    Mufasa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Osu the plAy here no matter who is out

J_smiff
    J_smiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16095

Did anyone watch that BYU/Utah State game? BYU might have one of the worst offenses I've ever seen. Can't throw the ball past 7 yards with any kind of success, and their kicker is absolute garbage - they have so much confidence in him they went for it on 4th and goal from the 9 in a 6-3 game in the 3rd.

Oregon State backup QB getting the nod....obviously not ideal, but they still have some solid weapons on O. Markus Wheaton is a beast, and the freshman Woods has proven to be a pretty solid back. Oregon state being #10 is a joke and they'll take their licks in the Pac-12, but it's impossible to make much of a case for me for BYU, O.State or no play.

andco1
    andco1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2715

2 solid D's and 1/2 offense on both sides. I love the under 37

mrsolodolo21

With two stout defenses, special teams and the kicking game may come into play here. OSU's kicker has been pretty solid all year. BYU's two kickers that they use have been shaky in recent weeks, especially in tough spots. Stephenson, who missed those two FG's at the end of the Utah game, missed another (0/1) on Friday vs Utah State. Their PAT and short range kicker, Stephenson, missed a PAT last week.