Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

College Football Week 6 Video Preview: Georgia Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Gurshall > Lattimore

Losing Crowell was a blessing. He would have been hurt for the big games anyways.

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Gurshall > Lattimore

Losing Crowell was a blessing. He would have been hurt for the big games anyways.
    Thanks for the comment - tough game here - as mentioned in the video

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Georgia in general is a team constantly improving due to their youth and returning starters, several of whom will be NFL'ers. They have Rambo and Ogletree back with one game against UT to incorporate.

Lattimore is a beast, although he will be running into a legitimate top 5 defense this week. He hasn't returned to his dominant pre-injury form, averaging less than 90yds/game and 4.8/carry, while Gurley is averaging 107+ yds/game with 7.9 yd chunks per touch. Gurley is a freshman who is a pro caliber RB and will have a recognizable name like Lattimore in time.

Also check out some of the game tape, I realize USC D is the best Georgia has faced thus far, but the Georgia O line is opening up huge gaps and showing extreme physical domination especially late in games.

Shaw pressured is a mediocre passer who won't be able to balance the offensive attack as much as Murray, a much more efficient statistical passer who gets better by the week. Look no further than how Shaw performed at Vandy to see his talent limitations when facing a solid SEC D.

Either way should be a fun competitive game, I did jump all over Georgia at +3 Monday, but wouldn't be shocked by either side winning.

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Georgia in general is a team constantly improving due to their youth and returning starters, several of whom will be NFL'ers. They have Rambo and Ogletree back with one game against UT to incorporate.

Lattimore is a beast, although he will be running into a legitimate top 5 defense this week. He hasn't returned to his dominant pre-injury form, averaging less than 90yds/game and 4.8/carry, while Gurley is averaging 107+ yds/game with 7.9 yd chunks per touch. Gurley is a freshman who is a pro caliber RB and will have a recognizable name like Lattimore in time.

Also check out some of the game tape, I realize USC D is the best Georgia has faced thus far, but the Georgia O line is opening up huge gaps and showing extreme physical domination especially late in games.

Shaw pressured is a mediocre passer who won't be able to balance the offensive attack as much as Murray, a much more efficient statistical passer who gets better by the week. Look no further than how Shaw performed at Vandy to see his talent limitations when facing a solid SEC D.

Either way should be a fun competitive game, I did jump all over Georgia at +3 Monday, but wouldn't be shocked by either side winning.
    I'm definitely looking past this game in terms of wagering on it - something I discussed at greater length on Tuesday's SBR Forum Radio Show: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sbrforu...rum-radio-show

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Thanks for the link. Usually there is more value opportunities on the smaller conferences/schools and especially the quarter/half and game totals for a variety of reasons. But Georgia is an elite team, supremely balanced on both sides of the ball and getting all their pieces together after the 4 game suspensions against a Connor Shaw led USC. Shaw is soo much worse every time he faces a solid SEC caliber defense, it is night and day literally and a trend worth investing.

Games like this are exciting at least, unlike the totals and small conference games I have unloaded on for greater value.

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Thanks for the link. Usually there is more value opportunities on the smaller conferences/schools and especially the quarter/half and game totals for a variety of reasons. But Georgia is an elite team, supremely balanced on both sides of the ball and getting all their pieces together after the 4 game suspensions against a Connor Shaw led USC. Shaw is soo much worse every time he faces a solid SEC caliber defense, it is night and day literally and a trend worth investing.

Games like this are exciting at least, unlike the totals and small conference games I have unloaded on for greater value.
    Great counterpoint here - try to call into Thursday's SBR Forum Radio Show - love to hear more of your thoughts on this game and others