hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Early Leans

First time poster here. I've done this capping for a couple of years, not so seriously. This is my first serious year, and it hasn't gone well (thanks NFL). However, college remains a strongpoint for me so here are my early leans. Let me know your thoughts as well!

Airforce (-10) over Navy. Navy is bad, they are consistent losers ATS. Air Force had some decent games and played good against Michigan (say what you want about them, but still). Take Air Force with confidence here 4*

Boston College (-10) over Army. Like Navy, Army is bad. Boston College hasn't exactly lit the world on fire this year, but they've been in close games against teams like Northwestern. 4*

Cincinnati (-20.5) over Miami Ohio. Tons of points for Cinci to give up, I understand. Miami is bad ATS though, and I think Cinci puts on a show for the home crowd here. 2*

Georgia Tech (+10) over Clemson. A lot of people are going to count GT out of this one because of the upset loss last week, but GT will not go out quietly against a rival opponent. They know how to keep ACC games close, and that's all they need to do in this one. GT will run the ball hard against Clemson, and they'll either win or lose by a TD or so. 1*

Northwestern (+3) over PSU. Northwestern is a good team, do not let anyone tell you otherwise. They come into this game with a good offense and solid defense, and have a chance to walk out of Penn State with a win. Northwestern is also 5-0 ATS, so ride them until further notice. PSU has not exactly beaten anyone good either. 1*

UCLA (-2.5) over Cal. UCLA has been good against the spread this year, and Cal flat out is not a good team. Both teams let up a lot of yards defensively, but UCLA's offense will get them the win here. 5*

Boise State (-11) over Southern Miss. Boise has struggled ATS this year, and when they are 30 point favorites it is way too inflated and not reasonable to pick them. This week, they are only 11 point favorites and play a team where they clearly have the better offense and defense. Boise fell out of the top 25, they'll need to get a big win here to get back. They know this too, and they know the close game last week against New Mexico cost them. 4*

Fresno State (-15.5) over Colorado State. CSU has had a tough year, most of their games aren't all that close. Fresno State on the other hand has had a decent year and has the better team in this matchup. They are also 5-0 ATS, 3-0 as favorites. Take Fresno State in this one. 1*

8 games in play for this weekend for you, I may add more. Let me know your thoughts.

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

G-tech will not keep it close. Tech has given up on this year, and Clemson is not your typical tigers team. Well coached, great offense, at home, revenge factor, they will put on a show. Reconsider this play.

I'm on UCLA too.

All the best

hurricane1091

Valid point GWOZOZO. I am always open to reconsider 1* plays. I will wait and see what happens with this line during the week before I reconsider. If it drops to single digits, I would strongly reconsider it for sure. I do see Clemson winning this game more than likely, but I can see something more along the lines of a 41-34 type of win for them. It's early in the week though, we have plenty of thinking time.

rocket31
    rocket31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

dont like many of those, gl youll need it

hurricane1091

Thanks. Would you care to say why? I'm always curious about other opinions.

Last week's plays for the record.

Ball State -2.5 (L)
    PSU +3 (W)
    UNC -27 (W)
    Northwestern -12.5 (W)
    Stanford -7 (L)
    Arizona State -2.5 (W)
    Miss +24 (W)

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I really like UCLA. Army got beat by Stony Brook last week...BC should easily cover 10 pts.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

hurricane re/ ucla cal. consider this ucla has top qb/rb etc. only -2.5 vs. cal cal homecoming 1-4 record has trap written all over it if ever a team needed a statement game its here so putting my money where my mouth is taking cal ml plus cal. in a 5-team 13pt.teaser finally just love your pk. on n.western strong ground game will wear doen psu. have them def. in my teaser gl. now

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Like Air Force, Boston College, and Love Northwestern.

hurricane1091

I agree that UCLA can look like a trap game, but I'm all over it and think UCLA walks out of there with a 10 point victory.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

stupie ipad, not sure why underlined

good stuff, TY!!

i'd look more into GT

i think psu is team of destiny right now. wouldn't play against

that's alot of points cincy is giving...

i like the rest

hurricane1091

I think you mean Northwestern is a team of destiny. Not sure how PSU could be considered one. I agree, Cincy is giving up a lot. They'll win big, but let's hope it's not by 17 or some number like that!

hurricane1091

ADDING:

Ark State (-2) against FIU.

hurricane1091

Added utah - 14, East Carolina plus 11.5, parlay USC money line, under Arizona vs rams, under usc utah
    Last edited by hurricane1091; 10-04-12 at 08:21 PM.