cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Anyone liking Texas Tech +5; am I crazy for thinking they could win outright?

?????

I feel like Texas Tech has flown under the radar alittle. Anyone here agree?

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

On paper Oklahoma should win this game by 17 plus. However, as seen throughout this season Oklahoma has some confidence issues. The game is in Lubbock (which is one of the worst cities in the world) and it is a very tough atmosphere. Do not think Tech will win outright but this game could be a close one. Also the OU -5 is kind of fishy and the public will probably hammer OU which is never good.

With that being said, I think Oklahoma is desperate for a win and Tech still hasn't played anybody... I'm going with OU just because I don't believe in this Tech team, not because I think Oklahoma is that good. Tech just hasn't been the same since they lost Leach and Crabtree. Ive got OU in a teaser and -5 on this one. Good luck though.

cutchemist42

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    On paper Oklahoma should win this game by 17 plus. However, as seen throughout this season Oklahoma has some confidence issues. The game is in Lubbock (which is one of the worst cities in the world) and it is a very tough atmosphere. Do not think Tech will win outright but this game could be a close one. Also the OU -5 is kind of fishy and the public will probably hammer OU which is never good.

With that being said, I think Oklahoma is desperate for a win and Tech still hasn't played anybody... I'm going with OU just because I don't believe in this Tech team, not because I think Oklahoma is that good. Tech just hasn't been the same since they lost Leach and Crabtree. Ive got OU in a teaser and -5 on this one. Good luck though.
    Thanks for the 2nd opinion, gives me something to think on. I hate having only 3 Ok games to look over, and 1 of those is a throwaway FCS win.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

TT is really incomplete grade so far as per opponents but have looked really good.

i wonder if okla (landry jones esp.) is going to be a mess the rest of the season. a talented, well-coached mess

fwiw, well known power ratings show TT as great value

cutchemist42

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    TT is really incomplete grade so far as per opponents but have looked really good.

i wonder if okla (landry jones esp.) is going to be a mess the rest of the season. a talented, well-coached mess

fwiw, well known power ratings show TT as great value
    gojetsgomoxies.....you from Winnipeg?

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
    gojetsgomoxies.....you from Winnipeg?
    no, but the reference is to moxie's mts in winnipeg. know the place and city well

cutchemist42

no, but the reference is to moxie's mts in winnipeg. know the place and city well

Yeah that's what I figured, I worked that Moxie's in the MTS years ago.

gojetsgomoxies

how long ago you work at moxie's MTS? i know a ton of employees but more recent vintage.

believe it or not, i love winnipeg!! and most guys that visited loved it too

cutchemist42

how long ago you work at moxie's MTS? i know a ton of employees but more recent vintage.

believe it or not, i love winnipeg!! and most guys that visited loved it too
    Hmm, 2nd year of uni so 5 or 6 years. I know I've heard people I knew moved to other Moxie's or other restaurants.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm an OU alumni and I picked us to lose this game before we lost to K-State.

Now that we have lost to K-State, I'm not so sure. OU "should" be desperate to win. With that said, we don't have the talent we usually have.

OU has lost three straight in Lubbock with better teams...

indian giver
    what else could go wrong?
    indian giver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Bob stoops has had two weeks to prepare and all reports indicate practice was intense the last week and the team is focused. OU bounced back last year after their first loss. This looks like a trap but Tech is not a good program. OU comfortably.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by indian giver View Post
    Bob stoops has had two weeks to prepare and all reports indicate practice was intense the last week and the team is focused. OU bounced back last year after their first loss. This looks like a trap but Tech is not a good program. OU comfortably.
    He has two weeks to prepare for K-State.

I just think this OU team isn't that talented compared to previous OU teams.

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I'm a huge OU fan and I don't think the Sooners can win in Lubbock. They always struggle down there with teams that are much more talented than this one. Landry is a mental midget, and just doesn't have "it" I would play TT money line small if anything, but for me it's a no play. OU is one of those teams that should be good, but for whatever reason just can't get it together this year.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker82 View Post
    I'm a huge OU fan and I don't think the Sooners can win in Lubbock. They always struggle down there with teams that are much more talented than this one. Landry is a mental midget, and just doesn't have "it" I would play TT money line small if anything, but for me it's a no play. OU is one of those teams that should be good, but for whatever reason just can't get it together this year.
    We had lost two starters on the offensive line in August right before the season started. Both of those guys were highly rated. The offensive line was supposed to be a strength but now it's a question mark and our whole offense has been out of sync.

The defense hasn't been bad but it hasn't been good. We just don't have the play makers on defense anymore for some reason. Our front four gets no pass rush. If OU trys to rush for against Tech and gives their QB all day to throw, they will beat us. College QBs can find open receivers if given time with all of today's spread offenses. Stoops needs to take more chances on defense because he can't play it straight up like he has in the past because the talent isn't there.

Also, I think Heupel is in over his head. The offense looks great one drive in horrible the next drive. Landry gets all of the blame but Heupel has some pretty bad play calling.

Furthermore, I'm sick of the pistol formation. We can't run out of it worth a damn. OU was at it's best when we were under center, running the ball, and going uptempo with play action mixed in.

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    We had lost two starters on the offensive line in August right before the season started. Both of those guys were highly rated. The offensive line was supposed to be a strength but now it's a question mark and our whole offense has been out of sync.

The defense hasn't been bad but it hasn't been good. We just don't have the play makers on defense anymore for some reason. Our front four gets no pass rush. If OU trys to rush for against Tech and gives their QB all day to throw, they will beat us. College QBs can find open receivers if given time with all of today's spread offenses. Stoops needs to take more chances on defense because he can't play it straight up like he has in the past because the talent isn't there.

Also, I think Heupel is in over his head. The offense looks great one drive in horrible the next drive. Landry gets all of the blame but Heupel has some pretty bad play calling.

Furthermore, I'm sick of the pistol formation. We can't run out of it worth a damn. OU was at it's best when we were under center, running the ball, and going uptempo with play action mixed in.
    Man I agree with you 100%. I think Heupel needs some experience calling plays and getting it on the fly at OU isn't working. I would really like to see what Norvell can do.

The pistol needs to go. Our RB's are solid, but they are usually fighting just to get back to the line of scrimmage bc of O-Line and the pistol. I would love for OU to get back under center and pound the ball. I'm not saying I know more than Stoops, but he's going to have to make some changes, either on the staff or the scheme.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

TTech looked unreal against Texas St. who actually are a solid team, they can run throw and play defense Oklahoma has a lot of question marks

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

How can okla win by 17? On paper?? No. TT should be a slight favorite if anything, tremendous value with TT spread & ML. TT = under valued meanwhile OU = overvalued. In the words of a wiseman frien of mine by the name lt profits, "value is EVERYTHING in betting"

Take TT & don't look back, one of the better lines of the weekend, win or lose, long term this bet covers/wins. GL men!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

k- state beat oklahoma @oklahoma.

so ofcourse oklahoma can lose on the road...
    IMO Oklahoma just flushed their national title hopes down
    the toilet.

it will be hard for oklahoma to get motivated for this game
    after such devastation.

BUT.... the Big 12 and Pac 12 are the most unpredictable
    conferences... not a good game to bet IMO.

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can tell you OU is not devastated. One, if they underestimated K-State going into that game, they don't anymore. And tech is not K-State. Two, this was an early loss.