HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

WVU/Texas UN(Whatever) has got me excited.

The ineptitude of Baylors defense has put Geno Smith in the drivers seat for the Heisman. 80+ completion percentage, huge passing yardage numbers, and no interceptions. He can not play any better, but his competition will this weekend.

TX is a run first team, and use a pro style offense. Running for first downs will eat up the clock. Secondly, WVU's defense vs a Baylor style offense will always look bad, as Baylor utilizes a no huddle/pass oriented attack. That approach was actually used by both teams, and the clock moved @ a slow pace allowing more plasys possessions. Lastly, Baylors apporach to defense is non existent. Tahts is th opposite of TX, as you will see a competent pass rush, and man to man defense.

In conclusion the run oriented offense, and viable defense @ TX's dispense should slow the game down enough for a good under play. I expect this total to be bumped up b/c last weks performances of both teams, which only helps us.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Kinda looking at UGA/SC the same way. UGA handed UT 3 Td's and had several long TD's. I think the over/under will be a little high.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    The ineptitude of Baylors defense has put Geno Smith in the drivers seat for the Heisman. 80+ completion percentage, huge passing yardage numbers, and no interceptions. He can not play any better, but his competition will this weekend.

TX is a run first team, and use a pro style offense. Running for first downs will eat up the clock. Secondly, WVU's defense vs a Baylor style offense will always look bad, as Baylor utilizes a no huddle/pass oriented attack. That approach was actually used by both teams, and the clock moved @ a slow pace allowing more plasys possessions. Lastly, Baylors apporach to defense is non existent. Tahts is th opposite of TX, as you will see a competent pass rush, and man to man defense.

In conclusion the run oriented offense, and viable defense @ TX's dispense should slow the game down enough for a good under play. I expect this total to be bumped up b/c last weks performances of both teams, which only helps us.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said expect that Texas runs pro style offense because they don't. They run a lot of "wildact" formations and motion WRs into the backfield to run end arounds and sweeps. That shit wouldn't work in the NFL because NFL defenses have a lot of speed.

Texas is a run first team though.

Also, do you know of any good sports books for Soccer in Las Vegas? I thought I remember you saying you lived there. I will be in Vegas in two weeks and was wanting to bet some totals.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

@ BigD

Hilton, and any Cantor outfit(HardRock/Palms/Venetian) They are not necessarily good, but have the 3way, spread, and total as options.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    @ BigD

Hilton, and any Cantor outfit(HardRock/Palms/Venetian) They are not necessarily good, but have the 3way, spread, and total as options.
    I'll be staying at the Flamingo because I had an upgraded room there. The Hard Rock, Hilton, and Palms aren't very close. I'll probably try the Venetian.

What are the Venetian's minimum wagers? I typically bet around $50 a unit.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Vegas Standard is $5

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

WVU is going to be vastly overvalued in this game. I'm taking Texas if they are favored by a TD or less. WVU can't stop a nosebleed.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Total is 75, and when its available in Vegas I will be on the UNDER.

BigDofBA

Glad I didn't touch this total.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

told you guys last week, this number should be 90...dont get in the way that is the wvu over frieght train in the no defense big 12, they cant make number high enough,,crazy this number got pounded down all week...