TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Tell me why Baylor and Cincinnati don't win straight up Saturday

I'm listening

WVUsuperfan
    WVUsuperfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1091

because Geno is going to torch the Baylor defense, Alston is going to play Saturday so they will have some of their running game back as well, not to mention he will help protect Geno too, Alston being out is one of the main reasons we had a bit of trouble with Maryland last week

Derek2408
    Derek2408's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Haha I'm not in any way saying Baylor is going to win outright (because I don't think they will) but if you are looking for unbiased opinions I'd look elsewhere than WVUsuperfan

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

He's right though, that Baylor defense is SUSPECT. The over should be no problem whatsoever. I agree with Cincinnati though, I don't see how VT can beat that team.

WildcatNation
    WildcatNation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

My Write up on the game:

I have to believe that this game will be won by W Virginia by more than two touchdowns.Baylor is way overrated and you will find that out this Saturday. I mean who has Baylor played?? So they had a heated battle against LA Monroe big deal, WVirginia would crush Monroe. This is Baylor’s second road game also and they are not a road team. Baylor has given up 89 points in three games and will give up thirty+ to the mountaineers. Plus W. Virginia struggled with Maryland last week and will be out to prove that was a flook. Baylor averages more total yards on the year but who have they played a decent Monroe team and two horrible Texas schools that most high schools in Texas could beat.

I could be wrong though maybe Baylor will have a big day experts think W Virginia wins by 3 ... so BOL should be a good game.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

cinci might, but baylor doesnt have a chance.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

spreads look ok to me

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

It's simple WVU is a top 5 ball club in the nation when the year ends.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    I'm listening
    Cincinnati is worth a ML bet. WV should win by a touchdown. Bet Baylor if you're feeling lucky.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

Over in baylor game

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

if you look at Va Tech over the past 5 years they lose a game early then they dominate the rest of their schedule (except they lost to Clemson last year in the ACC championship game). Va Tech gets better as the season goes along and I feel like they will win comfortably this weekend.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Boo VT!!!! I like Cincinnati ML all the way!

Although broadway makes a good point.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    if you look at Va Tech over the past 5 years they lose a game early then they dominate the rest of their schedule (except they lost to Clemson last year in the ACC championship game). Va Tech gets better as the season goes along and I feel like they will win comfortably this weekend.
    i agree that it bout time to buy low on vtech...far as other gm no way in hell im playing a baylor team that sits back and waits for the ball to come to them instead of attacking the ball carrier, then they miss the tackle anyway, that d is really bad and they playing a team that can light up damn near anyone..

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Still waiting for Geno Smith's annual 3-int game against a bad team. They won't beat Texas, won't beat Oklahoma, prolly won't beat K-State, might not beat TCU, might even lose to Texas Tech if its on the road.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

Stay away from Baylor bad defense on the road in CFB not a good match.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

WVU will beat baylor down

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

A lot of money coming in on Baylor, down to 11.5

I have Cinci +3.5 and Baylor +7.5. Based on those numbers, there is value in both, ATS.

Unfortunately I don't know enough of either team to give you a situational take on this.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

Geno Smith
    Points Awarded:

Stelio Kontos gave D Med 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

West Virginia has looked worse then Baylor when you look at results against their schedule. That Maryland game....

I feel pretty confident that Cinci wins.

I laid down ML on both already.
    Last edited by cutchemist42; 09-26-12 at 09:24 PM.

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Baylor just doesn't have the firepower to stay with West Virginia, who will run up and down the field at will. Cincy has a shot though.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
    West Virginia has looked worse then Baylor when you look at results against their schedule. That Maryland game....

I feel pretty confident that Cinci wins.

I laid down ML on both already.
    not sure how wvu has looked worse? i mean a few gms they really had no incentive to look any better and Maryland/edsel should prob get a little more cred imo and not like it was all that close... who has Baylor played and looked great against? we are talking about a Baylor team that gives up 50% of 3rd down conversions and only converts on 35ish% in their own 3rd down situations correct? wvu converts over 50% of their 3rd downs i believe and looking at baylor d i dont see why that wouldnt continue, Baylor d is beyond miserable so it real hard for me to expect wvu to score less than 45, then again wvu can certainly be had on the defensive end so not out of question baylor puts up 35ish of their own... all that said i dont really trust wvu but i cant lay money on this Baylor team right now...

one of the sharpest cats i know when it comes to vtech fb likes vt in a pretty big way and i generally listen when he talks about this team...curious as to why you like cincy so much?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Still waiting for Geno Smith's annual 3-int game against a bad team. They won't beat Texas, won't beat Oklahoma, prolly won't beat K-State, might not beat TCU, might even lose to Texas Tech if its on the road.

wow, ill give yo that wvu hasnt looked great as of yet but i think you selling them kinda short here.... if they lose 5 gms ill be 1st to come tell you damn good call but i doubt they drop more than 2...

buckethead22
    buckethead22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Art Briles is a good coach. I followed Houston when Briles coached there and following Briles Holgerson took over the offense. Briles pays 0 attention to defense and special teams. Holgerson tends to double down on the passing game when it's struggling. Only thing I can say is the over is a safe bet.

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not sure how wvu has looked worse? i mean a few gms they really had no incentive to look any better and Maryland/edsel should prob get a little more cred imo and not like it was all that close... who has Baylor played and looked great against? we are talking about a Baylor team that gives up 50% of 3rd down conversions and only converts on 35ish% in their own 3rd down situations correct? wvu converts over 50% of their 3rd downs i believe and looking at baylor d i dont see why that wouldnt continue, Baylor d is beyond miserable so it real hard for me to expect wvu to score less than 45, then again wvu can certainly be had on the defensive end so not out of question baylor puts up 35ish of their own... all that said i dont really trust wvu but i cant lay money on this Baylor team right now...

one of the sharpest cats i know when it comes to vtech fb likes vt in a pretty big way and i generally listen when he talks about this team...curious as to why you like cincy so much?
    Different opinions, but your giving Maryland too much credit. Baylor's SMU is probably equal as a team to Maryland in the overall picture. Sam Houston St is a better FCS opponent then JMU. ULM alone is better then any team West Virginia has played. Did I put a huge bet on this ML though.....no haha. I just honestly think Baylor has a better chance then what most are giving them.

After I watched the Cincy-Pitt game, I liked what I saw. From what I've seen of VTech, I could see them having a 3-4 game losing season.

ElCapitan
    ElCapitan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

No one here is commenting on WVU's defense? I believe they have the offense to score a lot here but Maryland (whose offense is in the bottom 10% of all teams) put up 21 points on them. I watched the game and holy shit - missed tackles, no WR coverage, 3rd down conversions. Hell, Maryland had almost as many total yards as WV did and again they are in the bottom 10% offensively! The only reason Maryland probably didn't win this game was the 3 turnovers.

I like WVU to blow them out too but there's a reason the total on this game is set at 80 and it ain't because WVU is going to hold Baylor to 14 points.