Russinat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5809

agree. FSU got the athletes this year

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by adila1401 View Post
    Ugh no..Alabama defense would eat Manuel alive bud
    I have the feeling we will get the chance to see. Bama wins the SEC, and an undefeated FSU team gets the a chance at the title over an undefeated Oregon squad. FSU beats BAMA. calling it right now.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

fsu is good. alabama is better.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

FSU gave up way too many points today... Serious flaws in it's defense despite the media fawning.

Now their schedule sets up real easy for them and Manuel is probably the Heisman front runner but every year they wind up losing to someone that they shouldn't. I can see Miami upsetting them or VaTech on a Thursday night. All things equal, I would give UF the edge against them in Doak because the Gator defense seems to be better and the offenses are probably pretty similar. FSU still has questions in the run game to me. Plenty of time to find out.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

FSU plays 4 games the rest of the way...and even that is a stretch. @ NC State, @VT, vs. Florida, then the ACC Championship game. FSU's biggest threat besides themselves will be Oregon and Oregon will likely have to play Stanford and possibly USC twice. I think it'll be FSU/Oregon vs. the SEC winner

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR
    BlacK_HazE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    FSU gave up way too many points today... Serious flaws in it's defense despite the media fawning.

Now their schedule sets up real easy for them and Manuel is probably the Heisman front runner but every year they wind up losing to someone that they shouldn't. I can see Miami upsetting them or VaTech on a Thursday night. All things equal, I would give UF the edge against them in Doak because the Gator defense seems to be better and the offenses are probably pretty similar. FSU still has questions in the run game to me. Plenty of time to find out.
    Did you not watch the game? The main reason the score was as close as it was was because of our miscues & penalties in the first half (ex. Florida State muffed punt return). I'm not going to lie I didn't expect them to put up as many points as they did but they came out with a great gameplan & a lot of trick plays that killed us.. What it all comes down to is they stepped up when we NEEDED them too and forced 5 straight 3 & outs to end the game (excluding their last possession when they scored on 4th & goal). Our rushing attack has been superb all year as well, along with our offensive line (which most people considered to be a weakness). I know Clemson aint known for their defense but chris thompson is a beast, and James Wilder Jr will be the next Greg Jones.

vs Clemson
    C. Thompson - 15car, 103 yards, 2 TD's
    E. Manuel - 12car, 102 yards
    J. Wilder Jr - 9car, 65 yards

FSU is a serious BCS national title contender and our schedule sets up nicely. Don't underestimate the Seminoles this year we have the talent to win it and this is not the same team mentally as last year.

Mac4Lyfe

^^^ I don't underestimate the Noles but I think they're very overrated. Unfortunately, their schedule is so weak that we probably won't know until the bowl game. They play 2 teams ranked in the top 20 in Clemson and UF, where both those teams are fairly average. It's pretty ridiculous if you really look at their schedule. I don't think any team deserves national title consideration with a schedule arguably worst than Boise State's of the past few years.

FSU's talent isn't any more better than Bama, LSU, UF, Oregon, USC, OSU, UT, etc. They just won't have to play a legitimate schedule.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    ^^^ I don't underestimate the Noles but I think they're very overrated. Unfortunately, their schedule is so weak that we probably won't know until the bowl game. They play 2 teams ranked in the top 20 in Clemson and UF, where both those teams are fairly average. It's pretty ridiculous if you really look at their schedule. I don't think any team deserves national title consideration with a schedule arguably worst than Boise State's of the past few years.

FSU's talent isn't any more better than Bama, LSU, UF, Oregon, USC, OSU, UT, etc. They just won't have to play a legitimate schedule.
    Worse than Boise State's is going a little over board.. Who the hell do Bama & Oregon play?! IMO FSU plays a harder schedule than Oregon, yet if Oregon went undefeated nobody would make their sos an issue as they make it with FSU. It's not our fault that West Virginia woosed out and chose to opt out of playing us which f***** up our schedule.. If we go undefeated were just as worthy as any other team in the country

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Wish Louisville had a shot at more of these overrated ass ACC teams. Teddy Bridgewater will be your Heisman winner when Louisiville finishes the year undefeated!

ThePancreas
    ThePancreas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm calling it right now.

That LB from Notre Dame, Manti Te'o is going to be a Heisman finalist. It's a great story, and what he has overcome, losing his grandmother and girlfriend on the same day. He's going to be in it.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Wish Louisville had a shot at more of these overrated ass ACC teams. Teddy Bridgewater will be your Heisman winner when Louisiville finishes the year undefeated!
    ya because the big east is legit

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

I like Black Haze's optimism - right now I just want to see us take it a game at a time - and not penetrate up vs some lesser opponent like we've done for the last 12 years or so.

It concerned me sitting in the stadium watching how many points and yards they got - but upon further review like someone said - it was two big plays and a garbage time touchdown - but I like the fact that our D now has a reason to be pissed off and try and get that much better.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Can't see Manuel winning the Heisman. Clemson not known for their D. Much better QB'S out there than him. Fla St. does have an easy schedule and could get to the Big Game. Would think they would be the underdog if they get there.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by ThePancreas View Post
    I'm calling it right now.

That LB from Notre Dame, Manti Te'o is going to be a Heisman finalist. It's a great story, and what he has overcome, losing his grandmother and girlfriend on the same day. He's going to be in it.
    Whoa, thats crazy. Can someone aware me on the story?

Mac4Lyfe

Well that didn't take long...

Same shit, different year. Overrated fukks. Might as well start saying they're back for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK_HazE View Post
    Worse than Boise State's is going a little over board.. Who the hell do Bama & Oregon play?! IMO FSU plays a harder schedule than Oregon, yet if Oregon went undefeated nobody would make their sos an issue as they make it with FSU. It's not our fault that West Virginia woosed out and chose to opt out of playing us which f***** up our schedule.. If we go undefeated were just as worthy as any other team in the country

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK_HazE View Post
    ya because the big east is legit
    the ACC is legit too, just look at their BCS bowl performances. Big East is better than ACC no doubt. FSU is basically all the ACC has

Mac4Lyfe

This is the worst I've seen the ACC in quite some time. FSU and Clemson are it. Normally good teams, Va Tech, Ga Tech, Miami are all hot garbage. BC might be the worst football team in FBS...