gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

situational analysis in NCAA football

i am relatively inexperienced in sports wagering, at least compared to some posters.

i read people talking about situational analysis like look-ahead, revenge, letdown, bounceback etc. and i disregard alot of it.

two that i somewhat like are that absolutely horrible underachieving teams are going to make some major adjustments eventually (note this assumes these teams have talent, like wisconsin or colorado) and a team coming off a disappointing performance may have few reservations about running up the score.

do these situational factors have merit? i'm especially thinking of look-ahead because it's pretty simple to define and doesn't depend on talent/execution/etc. (some of the others definitely depend on talent and execution, like wake forest and whether they'd bounce back today vs. army. these teams need the capability to bounce back)

anyway, thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I personally use situational factors at times, but more as support for a play than anything else. Most of the time, I might use it to up or down the units I am making on a play.

As a note, sometimes absolutely horrible underachieving teams are underachieving for a reason. I think one could argue that some teams with talent will turn things around while others might not. By watching games, it makes it easier to determine which teams fit into that mold.

Best of luck.