GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can we not love Arizona +21.5 !!!

A solid Arizona team this season with their reliable senior QB Matt Scott is a huge dog +21.5 against Oregon whose QB is in his fresh man year. Man, i can smell the upset here...but I will unload big time on Zona +21.5 on this game. Gooo Zoooooooooooooonaaa!!! Good luck guys !!!!

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Defense is horrid...not even there

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinaces View Post
    Defense is horrid...not even there
    Oregon D ain't much better than Zona. for this matchup, it's all about offense, and the score will go up to 90

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7579

if you feel that way, i would stick to the over. it's easy to overlook how good oregon is, how much better they are than other teams that run that same offense. their defense is supposedly the best chip kelley has had so far, but of course we have yet to truly see if that is true. i think rich rod is too new at az, too little time to really get a team prepared to go to autzen and be competitive.

of course, if you go 1/4 ll in, you'll win, we both know this.

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    if you feel that way, i would stick to the over. it's easy to overlook how good oregon is, how much better they are than other teams that run that same offense. their defense is supposedly the best chip kelley has had so far, but of course we have yet to truly see if that is true. i think rich rod is too new at az, too little time to really get a team prepared to go to autzen and be competitive.

of course, if you go 1/4 ll in, you'll win, we both know this.
    Tex, Oregon has not faced any good team so far this season, they won 57-34 against Arkansas St (23 points difference), and won 42-25 against Fresno St (17 points difference). While Arizona won over Oklahoma St 59-38 (21 points difference). Now do you think Oklahoma st is better or at least as good as Arkansas St or Fresno St ? Just do the simple math, we will know that Arizona +21.5 is the solid bet ( also Senior QB vs. Rookie QB in such a big game will make this bet have more angle to cover )

Biayle
    Biayle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

Another example of you boneheads overthinking this game. There's a reason why the point spread is so high, despite oregon not covering their first couple of games, and Arizona having so much success this season. Vegas is looking at the individual matchups when they get their number.

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by Biayle View Post
    Another example of you boneheads overthinking this game. There's a reason why the point spread is so high, despite oregon not covering their first couple of games, and Arizona having so much success this season. Vegas is looking at the individual matchups when they get their number.
    Biayle, you might be right. but everyone has his own way of thinking for handicapping. honestly, i don't like zona +21.5 ...i prefer zona +10.5 because 21.5 is kindda "too good to be true " but if it's a trap, then fck it. I go with my gut zona plus the points

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    Tex, Oregon has not faced any good team so far this season, they won 57-34 against Arkansas St (23 points difference), and won 42-25 against Fresno St (17 points difference). While Arizona won over Oklahoma St 59-38 (21 points difference). Now do you think Oklahoma st is better or at least as good as Arkansas St or Fresno St ? Just do the simple math, we will know that Arizona +21.5 is the solid bet ( also Senior QB vs. Rookie QB in such a big game will make this bet have more angle to cover )
    You are not paying attention. For all intents and purposes, Oregon beat Arkansas State 100-20 and Fresno State 70-12.

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    You are not paying attention. For all intents and purposes, Oregon beat Arkansas State 100-20 and Fresno State 70-12.
    100-20? 70-12?

M.W.

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

Not saying you are right or wrong but when a line sticks at just above a crucial # like 21.5... it usually is there for a reason. I don't follow line movement much so perhaps I'm looking at this totally wrong and this reason is totally irrelevant.

Also, consider this... knowing how well both these offenses are, Chip Kelly will keep his starters in til almost the end of the game. I highly doubt he'll step off the gas throughout the whole game. At 21+ vs a TTech or Ark St is one thing but vs Arizona, it'll be a different game plan. Most of the 1st 3 games played, Oregon starters took a breather in the 4th Q or even in the whole 2H.

Both teams will score, I don't doubt that w/ how high this total is set at. Both offenses will go no huddle and fast paced. How gased will both defenses be in the 4th Q? Oregon regularly rotates 2nd string defensive players during normal play and also their backups get more playing time w/ the starter's taking a breather late in games. Arizona's defense hasn't had that luxury (backup defensive front 6 = 10 tackles vs Oregon's 2nd string front 7 = 46). Oregon will have the personnel to deal w/ the pace. Will Arizona?

I still believe Arizona +21.5 is a good play but for myself I am staying away from this one. GL GatorFan. Hope this covers for you.

M.W.

They were up 50-10 and 35-6 at halftime before calling it a night. Do you understand now?

Unbelievable.

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by Maddhatter View Post
    Not saying you are right or wrong but when a line sticks at just above a crucial # like 21.5... it usually is there for a reason. I don't follow line movement much so perhaps I'm looking at this totally wrong and this reason is totally irrelevant.

Also, consider this... knowing how well both these offenses are, Chip Kelly will keep his starters in til almost the end of the game. I highly doubt he'll step off the gas throughout the whole game. At 21+ vs a TTech or Ark St is one thing but vs Arizona, it'll be a different game plan. Most of the 1st 3 games played, Oregon starters took a breather in the 4th Q or even in the whole 2H.

Both teams will score, I don't doubt that w/ how high this total is set at. Both offenses will go no huddle and fast paced. How gased will both defenses be in the 4th Q? Oregon regularly rotates 2nd string defensive players during normal play and also their backups get more playing time w/ the starter's taking a breather late in games. Arizona's defense hasn't had that luxury (backup defensive front 6 = 10 tackles vs Oregon's 2nd string front 7 = 46). Oregon will have the personnel to deal w/ the pace. Will Arizona?

I still believe Arizona +21.5 is a good play but for myself I am staying away from this one. GL GatorFan. Hope this covers for you.
    appreciate your thought, Madd. Hope you have a profit day as well

GatorFan

They were up 50-10 and 35-6 at halftime before calling it a night. Do you understand now?

Unbelievable.
    whatever M.W. Good luck with whatever you bet on

Azshadios
    Azshadios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1607

total is open at 76 now moved up to 79 1/2

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

+21 is absurd.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Oregon allowed Ark St to put up 30+pts, no reason Arizona wont stay close.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The total has blown up. 1stH un is a major play.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

since you are obviously clueless, here let me help you out kid.

you pointed out point differential...

Oregon was up 50-10 at HALFTIME against Ark St LOL, they could have scored 100 but their starters rested entire second half.

I swear some of you are so clueless its laughable.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    Oregon allowed Ark St to put up 30+pts, no reason Arizona wont stay close.
    BAHAHAHAHA!! you guys made this Oregon -21 that much easier. thank you.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Unbelievable.
    Everybody gets what you're saying. What makes Arizona any less likely to get the backdoor cover if they start getting blown out?
    Last edited by Filmoz; 09-22-12 at 09:15 AM.

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's say Arizona wins the coin toss and scores a TD on the first possession. Now you're up 28.5 points, and feeling pretty good. Next thing you know, it's 22-7 Oregon at the end of the first quarter (because they'll go for, and convert a 2pter probably). Now you've only got +6.5 to hold onto for three quarters.

That's how I see it playing out - even if Arizona gets off to a great start, Oregon will unload on them at home, in front of rabid crowd, converting on every slight AZ miscue.

AZ being the only ranked team Oregon plays in its first 8 games, I also believe that's just more reason why Kelly's going to keep the pedal to the floor.

Arizona went 4-8 last year. They lost to Oregon by 25 at home last year.

Why is Arizona ranked? Because they beat overrated Oklahoma St. in a home game where Ok St.'s QB threw 3 ints?

I like the team that will most definitely score at least 42 in this game. The team that will go for it on every 4th and 5 anywhere past the 40 yard line. That will go for 2 at least a couple of times.

Arizona cracking the top 25 was a gift. I think they get overwhelmed early in this game and lose by 35.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

PLayed at 23 as soon as it came out, good luck.

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    since you are obviously clueless, here let me help you out kid.

you pointed out point differential...

Oregon was up 50-10 at HALFTIME against Ark St LOL, they could have scored 100 but their starters rested entire second half.

I swear some of you are so clueless its laughable.
    Mr. Blue did Oklahoma st. rest their starter at 2H huh?

GatorFan

Dirty, last year game was different story when Oregon had Darron Thomas as QB, and LaMichael James as RB while Matt Scott was not playing for Zona. This season Matt Scott has impressed me with 71.3% completion, 7 Passing TDs and 2 Rushing TDs with only 1 In. This season zona gonna their best chance to revenge. Good luck with ya!

footballfanstan
    footballfanstan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

LOL at Gatorfan, talking about Oregon and their defense. They played their walkons in the second half of every game this year. Do you really not get that? Oregon 62 Arizona 21. Chip will RUN the score up tonight to prove a point to voters. With USC losing his lost his one big real high profile win of hte year so hes going to take it out on Arizona and then late in the year USC.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jhilbert

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by footballfanstan View Post
    LOL at Gatorfan, talking about Oregon and their defense. They played their walkons in the second half of every game this year. Do you really not get that? Oregon 62 Arizona 21. Chip will RUN the score up tonight to prove a point to voters. With USC losing his lost his one big real high profile win of hte year so hes going to take it out on Arizona and then late in the year USC.
    oh yeah Mr. Duck backer. LOL as much as you can now because Zona gonna burn your $ on Oregon tonite. Good luck sir

GoBlue77

you try and teach these kids a thing or two but everybody is an expert these days lol

Arizona and points....

GatorFan

this fcking game got fixed man. how many time zone got into red zone but did not fcking score any point. it's fixed man

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

I'll go ahead and admit I lost on this one too. Not surprised. Never betting on a half decent team on the road against a much better opponent after they have a blowout against an awful team. The Oddsmakers got us on this one for sure.

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

I faded this one & took Oregon because of the discussion in this thread. Needed some late picks to salvage a bad night. I appreciate when people start threads like this. It's helpful either way.

SBR Breadman
    SBR Breadman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18693

A solid Arizona team this season with their reliable senior QB Matt Scott is a huge dog +21.5 against Oregon whose QB is in his fresh man year. Man, i can smell the upset here...but I will unload big time on Zona +21.5 on this game. Gooo Zoooooooooooooonaaa!!! Good luck guys !!!!
    Man.. that Oregon Defense sucks huh?? Repelled Arizona out of the red zone 6 times and held a top 25 offense scoreless...

SBR Breadman

I took the under and the win with Clemson also to cover against FSU ...

SBR Breadman

this fcking game got fixed man. how many time zone got into red zone but did not fcking score any point. it's fixed man
    Or you just sorely under estimated an Oregon team that has been pulling all of its starters at the end of the second quarter...and Oregon has always been a second half team.