CapperGuy
    CapperGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

BYU +7 to Win 2K

I capped this game as BYU being a short fave, I'm not sure why they are underdogs going into Boise State. I am simply going with the better qb and more experienced squad in BYU tonight. I broke down the talent level on both sides of the ball in this matchup and BYU has the advantage on both offense and defense. After playing @ Rice-Eccles Stadium I feel like playing on the road against an inferior and inexperienced Boise State side sheds some serious value in taking +7. The Cougars were rattled from the get go against the Utes and they imploded and lost that game themselves, they were clearly the better team and they fell into a trap last week. I believe they know this is a must win and they won't underestimate their opponents coming into Bronco Stadium. However, Broncos have the better coaching staff in my opinion but they lack the personnel so I'll take the points simply because the personnel is more experienced playing under the same system for a longer period of time. I look for them to come out strong and they probably take this game straight up. I might throw a couple units on the ML as well, we will see come kickoff time! Sorry I can't give a more in depth write up as I am currently out of town and placing my wagers online. I will be back in Vegas tomorrow afternoon so if I have time I will be able to provide a more detailed breakdown and analysis of the matchup between the Cougars/Broncos. BOL to BYU backers!

Ticket Accepted Date Risk To Win Status Wager
    136215838-1 9/20/12 2:34am $2,500.00 $2,000.00 Pending 9/20/12 9:00pm College Football 305 BYU +7 -125* vs Boise State
    Totals: $2,500.00 $2,000.00

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

been tailing ya so far this season CAPP..... bol 2 ya

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Good luck CapperGuy! Will tail for smaller.

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck! Got BYU+7.5!

Rawk-
    Rawk-'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

damn my book has 6.5 been watching it hoping to snap it for 7..

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

I have tailed your posts as well...... So far you are running 100% and several hundred units up but, I dislike this play. Not because I don't believe BYU can upset Boise, but, simply the matter of: {I have not seen you gamble like this**

You are wanting the forums approval on this bet and without doubt you will get it( with your sudden history of success). But do you really believe in this bet? Do you have your own approval?

Or are you going to be chain drinking/smoking/ looking up at the stars and shouting "ONE TIME!" while 3 other games are in your peripheral and you are wondering why, why the hell did i take this bet?!?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Love the pick. BYU could win this game outright.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

seems to me all the public is on Boise St.....but the line is moving south, so I am assuming heavy sharp play on BYU

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Everyone can win a game outright. Just ask App. State when they played Michigan. Boise by 10+

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    Everyone can win a game outright. Just ask App. State when they played Michigan. Boise by 10+
    Very true. It is a football game but doesnt mean a fumble or pick6 cant happen late to cover either im on BYU GL guys

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

was already on it, but this make me feel better LOL

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Unlesss there are some double passes..ect which there could be..they should be good

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

BYU is the underdog because they looked horrible against Utah. The quarterback Nelson is experienced but he looked pretty lost out there. They had no running game. Are they a TD worse than BSU? I don't know but I doubt they win this game. Will probably tease BSU down to a pick.

bhodgin
    bhodgin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Boise should win this game by 14 or more. Defense is to athletic and while the offense is a work in progress its nice to have a senior as your tailback. BYU's secondary is garbage, Southwick should be able to figure them out. 27-10 Boise on The Blue

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

I would hate to be down 13 and be relying on a BYU INT to cover.

crackerjack

I'm a fan of BYU and thought they knock off Utah but after watching them play, I really worry for that team. Utah defense, which looked average against Utah State, shut them down. They gave up big plays on special teams, they never could establish a run, and when they got any momentum going, they made a bonehead mistake. I haven't seen totals, but I would take under for both the game and BYU TT.

Demonata

The BYU Utah game means nothing to me with this pick because BYU outplayed them but just some costly turnovers ruined it for them. Utah is not a bad football team.

CapperGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    I have tailed your posts as well...... So far you are running 100% and several hundred units up but, I dislike this play. Not because I don't believe BYU can upset Boise, but, simply the matter of: {I have not seen you gamble like this**
    You are wanting the forums approval on this bet and without doubt you will get it( with your sudden history of success). But do you really believe in this bet? Do you have your own approval?
    Or are you going to be chain drinking/smoking/ looking up at the stars and shouting "ONE TIME!" while 3 other games are in your peripheral and you are wondering why, why the hell did i take this bet?!?
    I'm not sure I know what you are talking about? I made it pretty clear that I like BYU+7 and if they don't cover for some reason that's fine it strikes me kind of odd that the more experienced and well rounded team is a touchdown underdog, granted they are on the road. Thanks for your input but I don't overreact if I lose one game and I also don't drink or smoke. BOL to you and your future wagers!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ebelisle22

CapperGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    The BYU Utah game means nothing to me with this pick because BYU outplayed them but just some costly turnovers ruined it for them. Utah is not a bad football team.
    I completely agree with you, a lot of people don't realize BYU outplayed Utah last week by a mile, they imploded and were never really able to recover. The experience of them playing at a tough hostile environment last week will help them out as they enter a tough Broncos Stadium tonight.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by CapperGuy View Post
    I completely agree with you, a lot of people don't realize BYU outplayed Utah last week by a mile, they imploded and were never really able to recover. The experience of them playing at a tough hostile environment last week will help them out as they enter a tough Broncos Stadium tonight.
    Could not agree more. Also all started when BYU had like first and goal at utahs 1 and Center snapped it too early and utah got a td out of it to start there momentum. BYU does not usually make mistakes like that. They are not afraid of Big games away from there stadium. Nothing points blowout either way.

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

As a former cougar player who is very familiar with their program, I would steer miles clear of this game. On paper BYU is the pick here for all of the reasons CapperGuy mentioned. The problem is not the talent/experience. It is the The current BYU coaching staff that coninues to err in preparing and developing its players. Riley Nelson is a veteran player who continues to struggle against decent competition and looks as raw as many underclasssmen. BYU has not beat a good team since Max Hall. They are not likely to do so tonight. I did not play for Mendenhall so this is not some sob story because I didn't make the field. I happened to start 3 years on the defensive line for Edwards/Crowton. I just know that BYU is not what they used to be and Boise finds a way to reload thanks to their genius of a coach. Good luck

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Boise never does well on the smurf turf, seems good. Good luck!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheBetBuysDanK

CapperGuy

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterf View Post
    As a former cougar player who is very familiar with their program, I would steer miles clear of this game. On paper BYU is the pick here for all of the reasons CapperGuy mentioned. The problem is not the talent/experience. It is the The current BYU coaching staff that coninues to err in preparing and developing its players. Riley Nelson is a veteran player who continues to struggle against decent competition and looks as raw as many underclasssmen. BYU has not beat a good team since Max Hall. They are not likely to do so tonight. I did not play for Mendenhall so this is not some sob story because I didn't make the field. I happened to start 3 years on the defensive line for Edwards/Crowton. I just know that BYU is not what they used to be and Boise finds a way to reload thanks to their genius of a coach. Good luck
    Nice quality input, I agree 100% with the coaching staff issues the Cougars have and it does worry me a little bit that the Broncos head coach knows the game just as good as anyone in the nation. I still don't smell a blowout, but you made a very good point there! I appreciate the info, GL.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'm taking BYU as well at +7, though I agree with you that this is a coaching mismatch.

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

I agree that it will not be a blowout. You might be safe with 7 or more. Good luck again.

crackerjack

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Could not agree more. Also all started when BYU had like first and goal at utahs 1 and Center snapped it too early and utah got a td out of it to start there momentum. BYU does not usually make mistakes like that. They are not afraid of Big games away from there stadium. Nothing points blowout either way.
    They weren't even in the red zone yet when the center snapped it early and it resulted in a Utah TD. I would agree that BYU defense did a pretty good job but I think both teams played poorly. And BYU always makes mistakes when playing against a good opponent. They beat up on MWC opponents for a lot of years. Coaching is bad...they are a huge disappointment. I'm calling Boise State by two touchdowns and will book anyone for betpoints at -7 up to the 500 points.

Ketch
    Ketch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2532

Boise St. lost at home once in the last 10 years (since 2002)
    Last year's loss to TCU (36-35)

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Boise never does well on the smurf turf, seems good. Good luck!

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

I am not of fan of BYU...but they played better then most people give them credit for in the Utah game...it was their game to win or lose down at the end...nice writeup capperguy...Boise wins but no cover...!

BYU +7

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Huge coaching advantage to Boise BYU back to back road games after losing a game they all felt they should of won. BYU either comes out really strong or flatter than a pancake. I dont think there is any inbetween here. I really think BYU will come flat and Boise will be ready and runaway with this game. Just another opinion though. I always look for the intangibles in college sports. Good luck everyone no matter who your on.

dartmouthemcee
    dartmouthemcee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2712

what up capper? as usual.

tailing

Demonata

Now only +6? Lots of money going in on byu spread.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    They weren't even in the red zone yet when the center snapped it early and it resulted in a Utah TD. I would agree that BYU defense did a pretty good job but I think both teams played poorly. And BYU always makes mistakes when playing against a good opponent. They beat up on MWC opponents for a lot of years. Coaching is bad...they are a huge disappointment. I'm calling Boise State by two touchdowns and will book anyone for betpoints at -7 up to the 500 points.
    they were at the Utah 25. Close enough to red zone. I was there.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

capper, decided no play on this one for me- taking panthers tonight. GL

lotto79
    lotto79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

what do u guys think about the total in this game

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Having learned this lesson the hard way, I would advise against making any HUGE plays on a THURSDAY night game. IMO, the short week makes these games too hard to cap.

You mention the big concern with BYU is the coaching staff. If forced to make a play on a THUR game, I would lean towards the better coached program. It makes a big difference when you only have 5 days to prepare.

I like Boise to cover at home, but I wont be making any silly-sized bets on this one.

BOL, though.

123 Last