gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

prediction machine (access to tons of power ratings) - useful?

anyone found this useful? it is a ton of work for the person who does it.

http://www.thepredictiontracker.com/predncaa.html

power ratings are funny. when they agree with my call i love them. when they don't agree, i ignore them (or maybe i give them a little thought then ignore).

its value teams (also, i'm mostly looking for underdogs so i may have skipped over some favourite value teams, like iowa)

i agree with these value teams:

rutgers
    kansas state
    arizona
    east carolina
    troy (vs. north texas)
    akron (vs. tennessee FYI)
    bowling green (vs. vtech FYI)

not sure i agree with these value teams (and they are hard to analyze):

miami-fl
    colorado

these teams are hard to handicap. have had putrid performance. thinking they are going to improve a ton just with some basic adjustments. reading about colorado vs. fresno, sounded like one of the worst BCS performances i've ever seen (fresno had 500 to 600 yards by halftime, i forgot the specifics)

anyway, seems like a good source for people who want to play basic value without alot of effort. on the other hand, power ratings should just be a first step and i presume this info is fairly well disseminated (someone like sagarin for sure)

gojetsgomoxies

at the very least, anyone know which of these power ratings providers put alot of time into them? i.e. working with good data, subjectively adjust power ratings at start of season.

tried to bring the individual forecasts into excel to see which power ratings services had huge outliers (i would assume they have data integrity issues) but it didn't work very well. i could bring the summary part in well but for some reason other parts didn't work that well.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The books already take these into account

gojetsgomoxies

is there any comment made in this entire forum that the books don't take into account?

and i know there are endless debates on betting forums as to whether the large sports books try to balance the action or are happy taking positions on what they consider bad lines

i do agree to reasonable extent with your comment though.