No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Starting to think Notre Dame will be 11-0 going to Los Angeles on Nov. 24

We'll see how consistent Golson can be at QB, but this team is a lot better than I anticipated. They're incredibly solid in their front seven, have a good kicking game, can run the ball, etc., etc.

Looking at their schedule, I'm not sure who they'll lose to. Four of their next five games are against ranked opponents, true, but their only road game is against an overrated Oklahoma team. If they somehow get past that game, be ready for the national title talk and a possible undefeated record when they visit USC.

I hate Notre Dame as much as anyone, but they've really taken a step forward this year. Te'o is a beast.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Yea, I totally agree. I was all for Notre Dame ML this past weekend but I was scared to pull the trigger because they really haven't been tested this year. Also, you never really know what you are gonna get from Michigan State. I think Notre Dame will definitely probably beat Oklahoma. However, I do think they will have some problems with Michigan. I think that game will be VERY close.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    Yea, I totally agree. I was all for Notre Dame ML this past weekend but I was scared to pull the trigger because they really haven't been tested this year. Also, you never really know what you are gonna get from Michigan State. I think Notre Dame will definitely probably beat Oklahoma. However, I do think they will have some problems with Michigan. I think that game will be VERY close.
    Michigan-ND will probably go down to the wire as usual, but I'm starting to think the Irish defense is a lot better than they're getting credit for. I'm also thinking Purdue is a darkhorse in what is developing into a very shitty Big Ten race.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Michigan-ND will probably go down to the wire as usual, but I'm starting to think the Irish defense is a lot better than they're getting credit for. I'm also thinking Purdue is a darkhorse in what is developing into a very shitty Big Ten race.
    Notre Dame's defense is playing better than I can ever remember. Their fundamentals are especially strong; I don't remember any terrible tackling last game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Notre Dame's defense is playing better than I can ever remember. Their fundamentals are especially strong; I don't remember any terrible tackling last game.
    MSU's offensive line is weak, and they have no go-to receiver, meaning the Irish could tee off on Maxwell and the Spartans' predictable, vanilla offense.

I'm not trying to diminish their efforts on Saturday night, though. They look legitimate regardless. We'll see when they face more high-powered spread offenses, but for the time being, I think they're the real deal. Te'o is an NFL player right now.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

NO WAY they don't slip up along the way, this team isn't THAT good. Hell they could easily lose to Michigan this week if Robinson goes off.

Highly doubt they win at Oklahoma as well.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

I think Stanford beats Notre Dame.....but it will be close , probably whoever scores

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tiger_bait View Post
    I think Stanford beats Notre Dame.....but it will be close , probably whoever scores
    In South Bend? I don't see it.

tiger_bait

not sure when it can to be that notre dame was unbeatable in south bend-----noone knows how good michigan st even is

tiger_bait

think purdue

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

They lose to Oklahoma by 2 TDs and the talk quiets down considerably. People seem to forget that Oklahoma was top 5 preseason, have played two cupcakes for sure, but they have this QB named Landry Jones who is still pretty good. It's like everyone thinks Oklahoma is a fringe top 25 team here.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

ND will beat themselves in ATLEAST 1 game

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I believe that Michigan can win as well as they will get buried by an inferior opponent.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

I dont think we deserve #11 yet, who have we beat and who have they played? Navy was thought to be tough and they got beat by penn state. We had a hard time handling purdue, who hasnt played anyone notable. and we had a hard time moving the ball against msu,and even though they were 10 they hadnt beat anyone in the top 25.

I love the talk about notre dame going undefeated, but being a fan of the irish ive heard it so many times its not funny. Our schedule is one of the hardest if not the hardest in the ncaa this season. Im going to hold back any talk of "being back" until after the michigan game. If we beat them i am not worried about the rest of the schedule. Michigan is our toughest opponent at a mental level.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Like Michigan here also. If you watched Michigan St - Boise St game you could tell Mich State was overrated. Boise had like 3 starters returning on defense and MSU still couldn't score. Defense is decent, but not good enough.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I don't see it happening, it would be good to get them back as a national power though

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

wet dreams

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Long season

I say 3 loses

Mich St was not good at all

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't gauge strength off of the big 10,

Big 10 is the new mac or wac......................

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Mich St. is back to being a middle of the pack team in a middle of the pack conf.

ND did look pretty sharp tho'. If they handle Michigan like they did St. then I see them making some noise this year.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Mich St. is back to being a middle of the pack team in a middle of the pack conf.
    I agree with the Big Ten being a middle of the pack conference -- at best.

Problem is, who will MSU finish behind? Every team, literally, has looked like garbage at times so far.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

I'm a Big10 guy and haven't been impressed by any of them.
    If Mich St ended up 3rd in their division, behind Neb. and Michigan, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if they ended up playing Ohio St. in the big10 champ game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If Mich St ended up 3rd in their division, behind Neb. and Michigan, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if they ended up playing Ohio St. in the big10 champ game.
    I wouldn't be surprised by anything Dutch. They're all mediocre. Should at least be exciting to see what transpires.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Big Notre Dame fan here

with that said we almost lost to Purdue. I'm not taking anything away from Purdue but...

Purdue

2-3 losses for the Irish

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

They lose this week to Michigan. I don't think that defense has the speed to keep up with Robinson all game. However, if Robinson makes some mistakes early and gets behind and his forced to throw the ball...it could be a long night.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Big Notre Dame fan here

with that said we almost lost to Purdue. I'm not taking anything away from Purdue but...

Purdue

2-3 losses for the Irish
    Purdue will be a Big Ten darkhorse.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Golston has some serious upside. His inexperience will cost them in a big game. They finally have the depth to make some noise this year though.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Purdue will be a Big Ten darkhorse.
    No doubt

But still

We're talking about a Big Ten darkhorse

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    They lose this week to Michigan. I don't think that defense has the speed to keep up with Robinson all game. However, if Robinson makes some mistakes early and gets behind and his forced to throw the ball...it could be a long night.
    Disagree as think they have the speed on defense and Michigan has a terrible run defense

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

It's too early to say whether they are overrated or not. Time will tell and it's one game at a time for every team. Look at all the upsets the previous week. The Irish do have the ability to beat Michigan as they have the last three years with inferior defenses to this years version. So we'll see. If they do win the talk continues for at least one more week. As a fan I'm looking forward to it.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

My Sooners are overrated. With that said, we usually roll top 15 teams at home and then go and choke on the road against a team like Iowa St.

Florida St.
    Miami
    Oregon
    Alabama
    TCU
    And a Brian Kelly Cincy team that went to the Sugar bowl have all come to Norman in the past decade with high hopes ad the game was over at half time.

OU lost two defensive lineman and two offensive lineman for the season in August. We also had some WRs suspended.

That's one of the reasons we he looked like crap so far. The offensive line was our strength and then we lost the two best players off that unit.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Idk, michigan hardly beat an undersized air force team. I think they will have a much harder time running the ball on nd and will force denard to pass much more, which i see as being his weakness.

brucesmall
    How do i post
    brucesmall's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State can't play in the Big Ten championship, I'm a Buckeye fan and like the Big Ten, but HOLY SHIT the conference is down right bad, a lot of these teams lost key players, so hopefully in a few years the conference will be back up and running again.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Quote Originally Posted by brucesmall View Post
    hopefully in a few years the conference will be back up and running again.
    It'll be a few years for sure.
    Penn St. won't bounce back
    After Ball leaves Wisc. they go back to being totally average
    Michigan St. had a nice run with Cousins, but they're on their way back down.
    Dont even get me started on Iowa. Ferentz was our hero, now his conservative play calling ass needs to fuk off. I seriously hate that dude now. Plus how do you bet on a team that beats Michigan and then loses to Minnesota?

Neb., Michigan and Ohio St. will probably be top25 teams, but not in the hunt for BCS championship.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

If you really believe this you just start parlaying every Notre Dame ml. I guestimated the odds are about 22-1 this happens.

12 Last