TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over the past few seasons, I have also done better in CFB than the NFL. like MAC said, matter of focus and interest. I LOVE college football...I enjoy pro football.

That being said, tomorrow I like:
    Niners -7 BIG, after the colts beat the viks. The 9ers are Legit as hell
    Lions -4
    Bills -3
    Falcons +3
    texans -1.5

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

only for fun.

k3r3s
    k3r3s's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

I'm kinda mad at myself for not trusting in John L Smiths awfulness and the Ducks speed like I said earlier. I wanted to book a win and didn't want to press. Sorry guys. I hope you made money on Rutgers at least.

k3r3s

I will keep my word and it wont count toward my record but I did clear that teaser by a friggin mile! lol I love college football.
    Last edited by k3r3s; 09-23-12 at 01:12 AM.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

I did not make any $$$ on rutgers. I did hit that OVER though. and CLEAAAAANNNEEED up on the ducks last night. hit 1Q. pushed 1H. and cleared -20 easy. plus I had a huge 10 pt tease with FSU, KSTATE, and ORE. so....pretty nice night. Watched the games at rock bottom up here (GREAT beer, btw) and was in CFB heaven.

You had an awesome card yesterday, brother. keep up the good work!!!

k3r3s

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    Over the past few seasons, I have also done better in CFB than the NFL. like MAC said, matter of focus and interest. I LOVE college football...I enjoy pro football.

That being said, tomorrow I like:
    Niners -7 BIG, after the colts beat the viks. The 9ers are Legit as hell
    Lions -4
    Bills -3
    Falcons +3
    texans -1.5
    This is why the NFL is so stupid. I can see the Niners not covering maybe, but how the hell do they get beat by 2 scores? I swear its rigged sometimes.

k3r3s

Here we go. Third week of keeping a record. Hopefully I don't have a slump.

Thursday Night

Washington +7 (1 Unit) locked I bought the hook

I figured that I was going to take Washington no matter where the line ended up.
    It seems like a great spot for a home team to show up in prime time.
    Stanford's stock is inflated because of the win vs USC and they are still only a 6.5pt favorite.
    Seems like the odds makers are trying to hang the public tonight.
    I bought the hook purely for comfort. I like the 6.5 if that's all you can get.

Might be a bigger play by kick off. Good Luck!

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

BOL K3! I'm on the other side, very small though. I like your logic though.

I'm anxious to see who you have on your card for saturday.

k3r3s

Thx DanK. Hopefully we keep it profitable this weekend. I have my eye on a few games that look promising, but nothing for sure yet. I appreciate the support!

Obese_Pockets
    Obese_Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I've been following this forum for about a month and this post since it started. You've been on a nice run here and after you proved me wrong tonight with Washington winning, I had to give you your props. Notre Dame fan here as well. I'm not a major player but I do what I can. With that said I wanted to see what you thought of my two early bets for Saturday. Right now I have Texas at -2.5 and Minnesota +7.5 locked in. Thoughts?

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

nice call, K3.

k3r3s

Thanks DanK. This should set us up for Wash vs Oregon next week. Almost positive I will be on the Ducks heavy in that one. We shall see what the line looks like though.

Thursday Night

Washington +7 (1 Unit) locked win

Record 15-6-1

k3r3s

Quote Originally Posted by Obese_Pockets View Post
    I've been following this forum for about a month and this post since it started. You've been on a nice run here and after you proved me wrong tonight with Washington winning, I had to give you your props. Notre Dame fan here as well. I'm not a major player but I do what I can. With that said I wanted to see what you thought of my two early bets for Saturday. Right now I have Texas at -2.5 and Minnesota +7.5 locked in. Thoughts?
    Sorry for not responding last night OP. I was on my cell phone and just didnt see it. I do want to make sure that you know these are just my opinion. I would feel awful giving the wrong advice when you had a winner.

The best general advice I can give anyone is look at sports betting from the houses perspective. Try to figure out what they want and do the opposite. Thats why I took Washington last night. There isnt a sane sports fan that thought stanford shouldnt destroy the huskies, myself included, but I know that there are people who spend their lives learning about these teams trying to set lines that will make them the most money. Thats why I have to put my pride and "knowledge" aside and take the dog even though it seems crazy. The house wanted us to take stanford and the house knows way more than i ever will.

That being said. You have taken 2 huge public favorites, but getting Minny at +7.5 is helpful. I think you are going to sweat but that hook could save the day.

That game was one that I really thought would have value on the Iowa side, but the line hasnt moved like I thought. If the line goes back up to 8 or 8.5 I would recomend doubling your bet on the Iowa side, but at the current number you should be good.

With texas -2.5 your guess is as good as mine. I cant find an edge either way. I generally take home dogs in prime time so Okey State looks promising, but at the same time I think the line should be more like -3.5 so your getting value. I will definitely be cheering for you in that game from the sidelines.

GOOD LUCK OP!!!

xcrazyaenoyx
    xcrazyaenoyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

very nice picks! what you think about tonight game and i'm looking forward to see your picks this weekend! keep it up!

caoutlaw
    caoutlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Hi I am a newbie at this site. I have been searching everywhere to get good information. It is hard to find. Anyway It looks like you do your homework and come up with some good picks. Can I get your opinion on these games. Vig tech/ Cin. Cin has only played Pitt whom they beat and Delaware a minor college. Vt has played 4 games winning 3 but losing to Pitt. I am leaning to Cin +6.5 ??? Next Clem/Boston College. Clemson looked good the first half against Fl St. BC looks to be weak and the spread is only -7. My thought is Clemson covers easy ???. Next ULM/Tulane ULM has what looks to be a lot of talent I was impressed with their games against Aub Ark & Baylor. They lost to these teams but stayed real close in each game. Tulane looks weak. -18 ULM ??? Thanks and GL from Ca

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

Im going to wait until I see what K3 does before I finalize any of these plays, but I am also strongly leaning clemson. Although they are a better squad in DV, and lost a huge game last week, I dont think that 7 is too much for them to cover. I believe they will be a top 10 team come seasons end.

Also like the ULM pick. Those boys can flat out play and tulane is well....trash. -18 crosses some big numbers though, and you can never be sure any team will keep their foot on the petal against a team like tulane.

I'm leaning opposite of you in the Vtech game. VT didnt show up against Pitt and Pitt didnt show up against Cincy, so I think its hard to use common opponent to get a read in this case.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

Quote Originally Posted by k3r3s View Post
    Thanks DanK. This should set us up for Wash vs Oregon next week. Almost positive I will be on the Ducks heavy in that one. We shall see what the line looks like though.
    Love Oregon in this spot. How do you feel about them this week? -31 is a big number, and if they get up 42 -7, I hate to trust the second string to cover. Thinking about big plays on 1Q and 1H though.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

Thoughts on Marshall +16.5 (id buy to 17).

I know Purdue is much improved, but Marshall's offense has looked really strong. Granted, they havent played anyone yet. But they will be up for this game against a b10 opponent I'm sure.

Obese_Pockets

[QUOTE=k3r3s;16178928]Sorry for not responding last night OP. I was on my cell phone and just didnt see it. I do want to make sure that you know these are just my opinion. I would feel awful giving the wrong advice when you had a winner. /QUOTE]

No problem man! And don't worry about it. I've been doing this for about 9 years now casually. I really appreciate the advice. I whole heartily agree with all of it. I'll be interested to see who you go with this weekend. Thanks for the well wishes! BOL right back atcha man!

k3r3s

Quote Originally Posted by caoutlaw View Post
    Hi I am a newbie at this site. I have been searching everywhere to get good information. It is hard to find. Anyway It looks like you do your homework and come up with some good picks. Can I get your opinion on these games. Vig tech/ Cin. Cin has only played Pitt whom they beat and Delaware a minor college. Vt has played 4 games winning 3 but losing to Pitt. I am leaning to Cin +6.5 ??? Next Clem/Boston College. Clemson looked good the first half against Fl St. BC looks to be weak and the spread is only -7. My thought is Clemson covers easy ???. Next ULM/Tulane ULM has what looks to be a lot of talent I was impressed with their games against Aub Ark & Baylor. They lost to these teams but stayed real close in each game. Tulane looks weak. -18 ULM ??? Thanks and GL from Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    Thoughts on Marshall +16.5 (id buy to 17).

I know Purdue is much improved, but Marshall's offense has looked really strong. Granted, they havent played anyone yet. But they will be up for this game against a b10 opponent I'm sure.

All the Lines i can find are ULM -20: right now I lean Tulane at home but can understand the ULM side also

Clem -7: Call me crazy but BC will be the side I take +7 at home. Clemson is just too good to be true and I dont know what I am missing but book don't just give away money. BC covers.

VT -6.5: I agree. I actually would feel more comfortable if it went up to 7 as crazy as that sounds, but VT is the right side in my opinion.

Oregon -31: No Clue lol

Marshall +16.5: Tough game. Marshall has a great offense, but I am a believer in Purdue's DLine. 16.5 is a lot to cover without Marve. I like Marshall.

k3r3s

Here we go again. Shouldn't be a surprise that I like big underdogs.

Buffalo is purely a line movement play. I trust solid RLM and I trust that the books like Buffalo to cover.
    IU is awful, but NW doesn't have an offense built to blow anyone out. This is going to be a sweat but I think IU keeps it inside the 11.5
    Baylor has no business being an 11.5 point dog. ESPN driving public perception about Gino and WVU hopefully will make this one a W.

Thursday
    Washington +7 (1 Unit) Locked Win

Saturday at Noon
    Buffalo +17 (1 Unit) Locked
    IU +11.5 (1 Unit) Locked
    Baylor +11.5 ( 1 Unit ) Locked

Record 15-6-1

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

LOVIN' the plays. I was already on IU. I have it at +11.

Have been on the fence about Baylor. I think you're right, because Baylor has enough Offense to keep it within 2 scores. BUT...this one COULD get ugly. Still, ALWAYS a chance of getting a backdoor cover against WVU.

I am gonna tail you on Buffalo. BOL to us!

AND.....10 PT tease all 3. (Buffalo +28 / IU +21.5 / Baylor +21.5)........BOOM
    Last edited by TheBetBuysDanK; 09-28-12 at 11:52 PM.

k3r3s

I don't know about the 1H line. I don't have a lot of experience with Quarter and Half bets in football. If you are thinking that Baylor back doors the cover late then I would say give the 6.5 and take WVU. I love the teaser though!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Obese_Pockets

Like the plays. All over Buffalo! I was also thinking about jumping on the Baylor game but my book has it at -11. Still not sure, but I don't wanna wait too long. Decisions! BOL today!!!

k3r3s

Hey guys sorry I couldnt get my picks in today. I woke up this morning very sick and just got out of bed. I really dont feel like thinking still so I will most likely hold off and get back at it next week. BOL on the later games.

Thursday
    Washington +7 (1 Unit) Locked Win

Saturday at Noon
    Buffalo +17 (1 Unit) Locked
    Win
    IU +11.5 (1 Unit) Locked loss
    Baylor +11.5 ( 1 Unit ) Locked
    Win

Record 17-7-1

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

Feel better, buddy! lots of vitamin C and take some zinc too! it really helps. Lots of rest! The flu bug going round indy has been a MONSTER. really laying people out.

Good work on the earlier games! went 3-1 if you count the 10 pt tease, which i actually put 3 units on.

Big 10 pt tease tonight with FSU, S. Car., and TCU. wish me luck!

k3r3s

Very nice. Good luck man. That flu hits like a beast in the first 8 hours. Im getting back to normal though.

k3r3s

Ok guys, this where I finally step out on a limb. I am sure most anticipate that I am going to take the huge home dog tonight, but that is not the case. Tonight will be my biggest play to date and it will be on Satan himself, Lane Kiffin. I already feel dirty because I think the guy is slime, and on par with Calipari who just happened to buy 2 more bluechips today.

Since this is a bigger bet I will explain why I feel so strongly. Lane Kiffin will not take his foot off the gas. He will use tonight as the platform to show of Barkley’s arm and his teams firepower. Lane is the only coach in CFB that I honestly believe knows the spread and wants to cover, especially in prime time.

In week 1 USC play Hawaii at home and were about a 42 pt favorite. I only remember this because I had Hawaii for a good amount. Lane Kiffin didn’t kick a field goal in the fourth quarter and they were up by 35 or more the entire time. It was like he had money on the game himself. It was unreal. I don’t care what excuses he makes about why he went for it on 3rd and 12 in the redone. Your kicker could have 1 leg, but you any person with a soul still kicks the ball. Not Laney boy, nope Lane will just drop Barkley back and keep throwing it deep to Marquise and Robert all night long. USC is still the second best team in the pac 12. They are still under rated because for some reason they just can’t beat Stanford. Utah is still Utah and we already cashed in on their big Prime-time victory this year.
    I hate being on the public side and I hate betting against the big home dog, but 14 points isn't even in the ballpark tonight.
    USC wins by 4 touchdowns and never stops trying to prove that they are still the top dog out west. That’s my viewpoint. 3 units is my personal max because there are no guarantees in betting but it a good spot.

USC -14 (3 Units) Locked
    Last edited by k3r3s; 10-04-12 at 06:35 PM.

k3r3s

This has been a sick joke so far. Usc is absolutely dominating and only up 3 some how. As im typing. Make that up 10. Ok marquise i see you kid!!!

k3r3s

Well if you bet this game then you know what happened. USC was the right side it just sucks that it all went wrong for a big bet.

Thursday
    USC -14 (3 Units) Locked Loss

Record 17-8-1

k3r3s

Thursday

Friday
    Utah St. +7 ( 2 Units )Locked Win
    Utah St. ML +205 ( 1 Unit ) Locked
    Loss
    Syracuse -1.5 (1 Unit )Locked
    Loss

Oh well it looks worse on paper than it really was. Broke even money wise and felt good all game about Utah State winning outright. Had the chances to make it a nice day, but it wasn't meant to be.

Saturday at Noon
    Eastern Mich +3 (1 Unit) Locked

Central Mich +11.5 (1 Unit) Locked
    North Carolina -6 ( 1 Unit ) Locked

UConn +10 (1 Unit) Locked

Record 18-10-1

Last edited by k3r3s; 10-06-12 at 12:54 AM.

k3r3s

Afternoon Games

Marshall +3 (1 Unit ) Locked
    LSU -1.5 (1 Unit) Locked
    Text Tech +4.5 (1 Unit) Locked

k3r3s

Thursday

Friday
    Utah St. +7 ( 2 Units )Locked Win
    Utah St. ML +205 ( 1 Unit ) Locked Loss
    Syracuse -1.5 (1 Unit )Locked Loss

Oh well it looks worse on paper than it really was. Broke even money wise and felt good all game about Utah State winning outright. Had the chances to make it a nice day, but it wasn't meant to be.

Saturday at Noon
    Eastern Mich +3 (1 Unit) Locked
    Loss
    Central Mich +11.5 (1 Unit) Locked
    Loss
    North Carolina -6 ( 1 Unit ) Locked Win

UConn +10 (1 Unit) Locked Loss

Afternoon Games

Marshall +3 (1 Unit ) Locked Loss
    LSU -1.5 (1 Unit) Locked
    Loss
    Text Tech +4.5 (1 Unit) Locked
    Loss

Missed 2 easy picks in Iowa state and Arkansas. My own hate for John L stopped one and I was a pussy for not taking the cyclones.

This weekend has been a meltdown. I apologize to anyone that tailed me. I will get back on track

Late Games
    Miami OH +20.5 (1 Unit )
    Loss
    Florida State -18 (1 Unit)
    Loss

Chase Play - 8pm
    Nebraska +3 ( 4 Units )
    Locked Loss
    Worst day I have ever had by a mile. I thought that running this bad was impossible. Fukk! I basically start from scratch next week. At least ND murdered the U as a consolation prize.

Total Record 19 - 19 - 1
    Last edited by k3r3s; 10-06-12 at 10:19 PM.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

keep your head up, brother. we have all been there. I was out of town for a wedding this last weekend, but it didnt stop me from losing almost a G. I had 2 big ML parlays crash and burn. The morning parlay was MSU, Boise, Ohio, Miss st, and then (doh) AF. ouch. that was for 300$. then in the evening, I bet 600$ (chasing...yikes) on ND, A&M, Oregon St (all easy f-ckin covers) AND FSU (big f'n DOH).

On to next weekend. dont let it get in your head. Just do your thing.

k3r3s

Well start the day slow but aggressive. Trying to get rid of last weeks pain.

Iowa State ML (1 Unit) LOCKED
    Iowa +7.5 (1Unit) LOCKED

First 123 Last