SamAceRothstein
    SamAceRothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Tennessee -3 at home to the Florida Gators

Anyone liking TN -3? I sure do! Probably gonna be a decent size play for me! BOL!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

When's the last time UT beat UF? 8 years ago?? I think UF owns UT right about now. They're in their heads. UF or nothing for me... but BOL

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

There are several better games on the board in my opinion.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Tennessee is no joke this year. I like the play, but i agree there are better plays.

MoreCredible
    MoreCredible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I'm a Florida graduate, and I don't have faith in the Gators in Knoxville.

Bray is probably the best quarterback Florida will see all season. Plus, Pat Dooley (Gators beat writer) tweeted earlier that Gillislee's groin injury is far more concern than reported. I bet against Florida on Bowling Green and bet with them on TAMU. Don't think I have the moxy to take them against Tennessee.

I'd probably take the Vols with my money. But we'll see come closer to Saturday.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    When's the last time UT beat UF? 8 years ago?? I think UF owns UT right about now. They're in their heads. UF or nothing for me... but BOL
    that's always my 1st instinct too. i have a hard time going with much improved over much declined when the series has been dominant the other way. seems hard to get over the hump.

end of the day tho i'd go tennessee but not a strong play

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

me too here

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3393

Yeah, UF has defeated UT 7 straight years. But UT has the better QB and home field and only laying 3. Think UT has to be motivated to end this losing streak. Plus the best UF running back is banged up. Really like UT in this spot.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

UT couldnt run on NC state between the tackles. That would worry me if I'm Dooley. They ran a lot of plays on the outside which won't work on a fast SEC defense. My take is Florida and maybe the under. Most likely the under is the better play

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

The first quarter will have a huge impact on this game. Tennessee in recent memory have dug themselves a hole early in these matchups with the Gators (outscored 62-18 in 1st quarters during past 7 year skid). Neyland is a sellout, Gameday is in town, there is no reason for the Vols not to be ready as soon as the ball is kicked off. Florida has started slow against Bowling Green and A&M so if that continues, Tennessee has the quick strike ability to take advantage. Bray, Hunter and Patterson all have the potential of being high NFL Draft picks but need to show they can perform against top line SEC talent. If both teams trade blows in a grinder, Florida has the edge on D and an advantage at Kicker.

Being a Vols fan I am cautiously optimistic as this is the first legitimate shot in knocking Florida off in quite sometime. Jelani Jenkins and Cody Riggs being out and Gillislee nursing a groin injury are some significant injuries for the Gators. Tennessee will still be working the kinks out of their 3-4 front but will be multiple in their packages. Driskel has noted he must upright and get rid of the ball sooner to avoid the constant beating he took at A&M.

Tennessee will throw early and often. Running the football has been more than a struggle with Rajon Neal, Marlin Lane and Devrin Young splitting carries. I expect Lane to see the most touches as he is the more north/south runner. They will also try to supplement the run game with a few wildcat/read option plays. Tennessee knows on what side their bread is buttered so I dont expect an huge effort into trying to make the run game work.

Good luck to whichever side you guys play, I'll be laying off because its hard to make an unbiased wager wearing orange sunglasses.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I really like Tennessee here. Florida is banged up. Driskel showed flashes last week, but still looked like a young, inexperienced Qb. If UF played a team last week with any depth and/or one that doesn't consistently gag in the 2nd half, they lose. UT has had this one circled on their calendar for a while.

tmgissy
    I SAID ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!
    tmgissy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

I like florida to win SU here, of course. Just look at the avatar. However, I think the play will be under in this game.

MoreCredible
    MoreCredible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by utmoody10 View Post
    Good luck to whichever side you guys play, I'll be laying off because its hard to make an unbiased wager wearing orange sunglasses.
    Hey, this is a Gator here... and I'm STILL leaning UT. Just go easy on the Rocky Top, please.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

This gator team is nothing like the team of the last 5 years.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    This gator team is nothing like the team of the last 5 years.
    While I totally agree, I also believe that certain teams just find a way to beat other teams and just own them. UF has had the edge on UT, UGA and Vandy for whatever reason. Even when those schools have had good shots at winning they end up finding ways to lose.

In the last 30 years, UF is 18-6 over UT and many of those games UT had the better team (maybe not the better overall talent). Hell, UT couldn't beat UF when they had Peyton Manning (he never beat the Gators). What's so different this year? If UT becomes one dimensional and can't run the ball, they are going to have a hard time winning this game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

While I totally agree, I also believe that certain teams just find a way to beat other teams and just own them. UF has had the edge on UT, UGA and Vandy for whatever reason. Even when those schools have had good shots at winning they end up finding ways to lose.

In the last 30 years, UF is 18-6 over UT and many of those games UT had the better team (maybe not the better overall talent). Hell, UT couldn't beat UF when they had Peyton Manning (he never beat the Gators). What's so different this year? If UT becomes one dimensional and can't run the ball, they are going to have a hard time winning this game.
    I've never had anything but respect for ya, and I'm married to one, but Gator fans won't ever accept defeat. Even if Gator fan knows their team is down, they'll never admit defeat to UT/UGA/FSU. Would it surprise me if UF won? Not at all. But all good things except streaks vs. Vanderbilt come to an end. I think UF is a bit more banged up than people realize. If Bowling Green had receivers who could catch the ball instead of letting the pass bounce off their chest (what a concept) and if TAMU had some sort of a pulse in the 2nd half, the spread would be even larger. I do know the Vols are tired of losing to UF...and I think they have the team this season to snap the streak.

Mac4Lyfe

Oh, I've made good money fading UF the last 2 years. I'm pretty realistic on teams that I follow closely. I still think UF's offense is trash and the defense is a bit overrated but UT isn't more talented or deeper in depth. UF may be ready to turn a corner with Driskel, I think he can hurt UT with his legs and the overall run game of UF's compared to UT's. Now, I do think UT has a great shot at winning this game but I can't put money on a team that's been owned in the series. Not until they get over the hump.

This is a no play for me. I expected the line to be around -6 and probably would have leaned UT but this line doesn't feel like a UT cover to me....

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I've never had anything but respect for ya, and I'm married to one, but Gator fans won't ever accept defeat. Even if Gator fan knows their team is down, they'll never admit defeat to UT/UGA/FSU. Would it surprise me if UF won? Not at all. But all good things except streaks vs. Vanderbilt come to an end. I think UF is a bit more banged up than people realize. If Bowling Green had receivers who could catch the ball instead of letting the pass bounce off their chest (what a concept) and if TAMU had some sort of a pulse in the 2nd half, the spread would be even larger. I do know the Vols are tired of losing to UF...and I think they have the team this season to snap the streak.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 09-12-12 at 02:05 PM.

SamAceRothstein

I agree with not being able to run between the tackles on NC State...That worries me a bit. Early dough is on Tennessee....that also worries me. BOL gentlemen

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah, UF has defeated UT 7 straight years. But UT has the better QB and home field and only laying 3. Think UT has to be motivated to end this losing streak. Plus the best UF running back is banged up. Really like UT in this spot.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

under

SamAceRothstein

Also heard that the Florida student body gave back 5,000 tickets! They aren't making the trip!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by SamAceRothstein View Post
    Also heard that the Florida student body gave back 5,000 tickets! They aren't making the trip!
    Yeah, but I think it's more to do with the location of the tix they gave back. Some of the Gator seats are waaaaay up in sections GG, HH and II. They sent back seats in GG but everything else sold out. I know a shitload of people that are going to drive up and try and get better seats. It'll probably be 80/20 UT/UF fans either way. I don't think the crowd will make much difference.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

seems like everyone's on the vols here

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28967

Quote Originally Posted by SamAceRothstein View Post
    thats true

already a sell-out here in knoxville too, so be well over 100k tennessee fans there

passing attack should win the game for vols

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Gator bait. Chomp!

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Gators ML is a play here.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

I was at the Florida vs A&M game last week sitting on the 3rd deck of the end zone so I had a clear view of all the plays ran by Driskel and Manzel... Florida is bad.

Real bad.

I can not emphasize this enough.

Take out Gillislee who certainly won't be at 100% if he plays, and this is a recipe for a Tennessee blowout.

Jeff Driskel had so many open receivers, but was way too hesitant to let go of the ball. A&M's swiss cheese defense actually looked pretty solid on TV, but trust me any competent QB picks them apart. The Florida defense was good and fast, but not overly impressed given their top 10 defense billing. It was amazing how Driskel refused to let go of the ball despite wide open receivers and no pressure. A&M had 8 sacks and this was a direct result of Driskel - not the line, not the aggie defense.

Tennessee and Bray is my best bet of the week.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

I'm a Georgia graduate, so naturally I hate both teams with a passion, but hate the gators even more. Having said that, I believe I am pretty objective in this one. Having seen both teams play a couple games, I must say I am more impressed with Tennessee than Florida. I'm all over Tyler bray and the vols in this one. The last time they were favored in this matchup (7 years ago) they won, and I think that trend continues tomorrow. This is the best team Tennessee has had since 2007 or so. Of course I'm not worried at all about either of these teams threatening our Eastern division title lol.

Mac4Lyfe

Maybe you should have sat on your couch so you could have at least had a chance to rewind and watch tape...

UT couldn't establish the run and basically had 2 receivers to go to. They were gassed and worn out on both sides of the ball in the 2nd half. UF seems to be well conditioned and has pretty good depth despite the injuries.

8 straight... Can't tempt history.

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    I was at the Florida vs A&M game last week sitting on the 3rd deck of the end zone so I had a clear view of all the plays ran by Driskel and Manzel... Florida is bad.

Real bad.

I can not emphasize this enough.

Take out Gillislee who certainly won't be at 100% if he plays, and this is a recipe for a Tennessee blowout.

Jeff Driskel had so many open receivers, but was way too hesitant to let go of the ball. A&M's swiss cheese defense actually looked pretty solid on TV, but trust me any competent QB picks them apart. The Florida defense was good and fast, but not overly impressed given their top 10 defense billing. It was amazing how Driskel refused to let go of the ball despite wide open receivers and no pressure. A&M had 8 sacks and this was a direct result of Driskel - not the line, not the aggie defense.

Tennessee and Bray is my best bet of the week.