Betpoints: 635

Kentucky -6 at home v Western Kentucky?

How bad are both teams?

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

WKU played well against Alabama yesterday I was watching them

They moved the ball on Alabama's D and what cost them was 4 turnovers on the Alabama side of the field

They also played respectable defense

WKU also played Kentucky close last year and should have won

But Kentucky offense looked good in the 2nd half vs. LOU and against Kent State

First lean is Kentucky but not endorsing a play yet

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your posts are great. Thanks

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

W. Kentucky is a very respectable team and this a rival game. W. Kentucky has the better defense by far and may have the better offense as well. I LOVE this spot for Western Kentucky ML for me.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

STAY AWAY. Joker Phillips fighting for his job. Neither team is all that great. It is easy to say "Shitty team A is better than Shitty team B" but in reality they are both not that great. If you absolutely had to make a play... I would wait for a total and if it is up around 49 hit the under.

Pickma$ter

Can't disagree more on your reply. W. Kentucky is far better than you realize.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pickma$ter View Post
    Can't disagree more on your reply. W. Kentucky is far better than you realize.
    I am willing to listen to anything. I personally just feel with so many more games why are you relying on either team to carry you to a victory in this game? I mean W. Kentucky got shut out by bama 35-0 and everyone can say "Hey they moved the ball" well when it is a blowout bama does not care all that much if W. KY gets 300 yards or 30. Sure W. KY beat up Austin Peay but after all... it is Austin Peay.
    Kentucky played blah against Louisville and beat up on a Kent State team whom is not all that impressive.

Honestly if you guys put money on W. KY I wish you the best of luck. My point is simply that saying either of these teams is good or impressive is laughable.

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by xstud View Post
    I am willing to listen to anything. I personally just feel with so many more games why are you relying on either team to carry you to a victory in this game? I mean W. Kentucky got shut out by bama 35-0 and everyone can say "Hey they moved the ball" well when it is a blowout bama does not care all that much if W. KY gets 300 yards or 30. Sure W. KY beat up Austin Peay but after all... it is Austin Peay.
    Kentucky played blah against Louisville and beat up on a Kent State team whom is not all that impressive.

Honestly if you guys put money on W. KY I wish you the best of luck. My point is simply that saying either of these teams is good or impressive is laughable.
    W. Kentucky is the "little guy" and will be more hungry for this game. W. Kentucky returned nearly the same team as last year. This team is very well coached & has a very good defense. VERY strong play here, if you want to make $ I suggest you follow. Just an FYI Vegas Power Rankings have Western Kentucky the better team by 4 points
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 09-09-12 at 10:05 PM.

alabasterf

WKU +7 or ML?

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

W. Kentucky is a very respectable team and this a rival game. W. Kentucky has the better defense by far and may have the better offense as well. I LOVE this spot for Western Kentucky ML for me.
    It's not a rival game but our defense sucks. Western will be able to move it on us. I think our offense is better so who knows how it will turn out.

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterf View Post
    WKU +7 or ML?
    Im going to be on both

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    It's not a rival game but our defense sucks. Western will be able to move it on us. I think our offense is better so who knows how it will turn out.
    Exactly this proves my point....Who will be up to play is game more think about it.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

saw wku against alabama last week. they were lucky not to lose by 50+ with all the turnovers. Haven't seen Kentucky play yet. But it is a rivalry game and these games are always tough to predict. so many other games on the board.

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    saw wku against alabama last week. they were lucky not to lose by 50+ with all the turnovers. Haven't seen Kentucky play yet. But it is a rivalry game and these games are always tough to predict. so many other games on the board.
    Comparing apples vs oranges here...This is a SOLID game here guys, I don't post here as much anymore but the ones who remember me will understand my input and will follow as I'm $ on alot of my picks.

alabasterf

I can now get WKU at +7...do I?

Pickma$ter

I already did and I suggest you do aswell

alabasterf

Okay...I'm going to go for it...+7 seems reasonable.

NathanUK
    NathanUK's Avatar Become A Pro!

For full disclosure, I'm a UK fan, but I'll try not to be a homer. Western KY as a program is getting better, but still not good enough. They played Kentucky well last year, but they lost their big time player Bobby Rainey, who is now playing for the Ravens. Also, that game was at a neutral location in Nashville.
    Kentucky's defense is pretty weak, but the offense is pretty good. Even if Kentucky gives up some points, which they probably will, the offense should put up at least 40, just like they did against Kent St. This is not a rival game for Kentucky, but WKU probably sees UK as a rival, so the psychological edge probably goes to WKU and they'll be more fired up for the game.
    In my opinion, I'd take UK -7 all day.

alabasterf

Good feedback

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Garbage fuckin' game
    Move on

alabasterf

Good call Brock Landers! Thanks...final decision. Any advice for this week? I'm amateur (square) and need a bit of guidance

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by NathanUK View Post
    For full disclosure, I'm a UK fan, but I'll try not to be a homer. Western KY as a program is getting better, but still not good enough. They played Kentucky well last year, but they lost their big time player Bobby Rainey, who is now playing for the Ravens. Also, that game was at a neutral location in Nashville.
    Kentucky's defense is pretty weak, but the offense is pretty good. Even if Kentucky gives up some points, which they probably will, the offense should put up at least 40, just like they did against Kent St. This is not a rival game for Kentucky, but WKU probably sees UK as a rival, so the psychological edge probably goes to WKU and they'll be more fired up for the game.
    Good stuff. They wont get near 40 points that I can assure you of. This is a perfect trap game and I'm trying to show everyone that.....I know its hard to see but so was Arizona last week I had for a ML.

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Garbage fuckin' game
    Move on
    Maybe for you but it will be $ for me.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

loved what wku did in the 2nd half of last season, they were robbed by the bowl committee.

Pickma$ter

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    loved what wku did in the 2nd half of last season, they were robbed by the bowl committee.
    I agree this team is legit.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Comparing apples vs oranges here...This is a SOLID game here guys, I don't post here as much anymore but the ones who remember me will understand my input and will follow as I'm $ on alot of my picks.
    i remember the name and i can vouch for pickmaster being pretty sharp on here. i'd listen to him before 95% others on here

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

take this to the ncaa football forum...

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by NathanUK View Post
    Good post.
    Last edited by M.W.; 09-10-12 at 11:29 AM. Reason: typo

NathanUK
    NathanUK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    I definitely agree with that! They were screwed by the bowl folks!

Pickma$ter

I hoped you cashed this ticket to!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Kentucky is not any good.

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

I hoped you cashed this ticket to!

Great job Pickma$ter. This game was off my radar. Like I said...I appreciate a good capper when I see one.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523