Sbot420
    skeet skeet
    Sbot420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Oklahoma state -10.5 -Thinkin about 25 units on the cowboys

Thinkin bout layin 25 units on the cowboys. Cant figure out why the line is only 10.5. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated!

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no matter how much you trust a play never worth 25% of your bankroll. you should be risking 10% at max.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I need okst -12 myself, I've posted a few about this game. Arizona needed OT to beat Toledo, at home. OKST will score at least 42 this game, Arizona will be lucky to sniff anything over 20 points. People tend to forget that Cowboys D is a strong suit this year, it's not just offense.

Sbot420
    skeet skeet

I agree. Dont know why the line would be so low

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I bought it to 9.5 and used it in a few teasers

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The line is so low, because you have no idea what OK St and Arizona are about.

OK St. could be the 2nd worst team in all of college football, and they would still beat Savanah by 80 pts. All their positions are shaky at best.

An unknown Arizona with a nationally recognized coach, who played a game vs. an unknown but not bad bad Toledo team (think they are among the favorite/thee favorites to win their conference. Arizona has a decent offense, and a terrible defense that seems to be overachieving.

That said, I thought this was a ridiculous nice line at -13.5, bought in again at -10.5.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Ok St rolls 52-21

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Might put about 600 units on it.

Sbot420
    skeet skeet

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

OK St. could be the 2nd worst team in all of college football, and they would still beat Savanah by 80 pts. All their positions are shaky at best.

An unknown Arizona with a nationally recognized coach, who played a game vs. an unknown but not bad bad Toledo team (think they are among the favorite/thee favorites to win their conference. Arizona has a decent offense, and a terrible defense that seems to be overachieving.

That said, I thought this was a ridiculous nice line at -13.5, bought in again at -10.5.

okay. Actually i know a little about osu. I live in OK. I graduated from OU. Been to every game, every season for the last 7 years so i've seen the pokes in action quite a few times. I hate em, bleed crimson infact but they are not too shabby. They pulled the starters two thirds into the 1st Q. As much as it pains me to say, osu's coach is pretty dam good too. I think they roll Zona. Thanks for the post. BOL

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Locked in Arizona +11.

bamaatlsu
    bamaatlsu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5310

89% of money on OSU, yet line has come down from 13.5 to 10.5. That's why I'm staying away.

Sbot420
    skeet skeet

okay. Actually i know a little about osu. I live in OK. I graduated from OU. Been to every game, every season for the last 7 years so i've seen the pokes in action quite a few times. I hate em, bleed crimson infact but they are not too shabby. They pulled the starters two thirds into the 1st Q. As much as it pains me to say, osu's coach is pretty dam good too. The line is TOO DAM FISHY. Thanks for the post. bol

Sbot420
    skeet skeet

Quote Originally Posted by bamaatlsu View Post
    89% of money on OSU, yet line has come down from 13.5 to 10.5. That's why I'm staying away.
    ya i agree. its fishy. not so sure about em now.

ChalkyDog

Severe RLM to be sure.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Locked in Arizona +11.
    Leave it to a Canadian to be the sharpest fukk in here. U of A has a huge following, place will be nuts. U of A missed two chip shot field goals and couldn't put it in the end zone. Non- Pac12 teams struggle when they come to the west. Wish I could have had U of A at 13.5 or 14. People on OK State and Patriots, prepare for a burial.

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

go st

travismcilrath

they should blow out that cover

travismcilrath

wont be a shutout like week 1

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

could be inflated from the Sav St debacle

travismcilrath

theyll win by at least 14

travismcilrath

yes yes yes

travismcilrath

i live in norman st is good

travismcilrath

not alabama good but good

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Leave it to a Canadian to be the sharpest fukk in here. U of A has a huge following, place will be nuts. U of A missed two chip shot field goals and couldn't put it in the end zone. Non- Pac12 teams struggle when they come to the west. Wish I could have had U of A at 13.5 or 14. People on OK State and Patriots, prepare for a burial.
    It might be nuts, we have some high profile basketball recruits on campus - but Arizona football is garbage right now and has been for the majority of my life. Love the team, but that stadium wont be insane.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

It might be nuts, we have some high profile basketball recruits on campus - but Arizona football is garbage right now and has been for the majority of my life. Love the team, but that stadium wont be insane.
    Sup Chalky, I know I posted in that thread with you a few days ago agreeing that the Cats are in for a stomping, but I've kind of changed my tune since then. First of all, you can't ignore the reverse line movement. Huge line move in the face of overwhelming public on OkSt. And it got me thinking: (1) OkSt's blowout over Savannah St doesn't mean much; (2) AZ's close game against Toledo can be attributed to fumbles at the goal line, multiple stupid penalties that nullified big gains, and those missed chip shot field goals, and they still came away with the W against a decent Toledo team that could win their conference; (3) AZ has a fifth year senior quarterback who did in fact put up some good numbers last game, vs. the young qb for OkSt; (4) you and I both know AZ has a history of big home upsets.

I wish I would have gotten them at +13.5, not sure if I want it at +10.5.

I'm trying to score tickets to the game, at the very least I'll be drunk at the tailgate.

Oh, and Cats basketball is going to be insane this season.

sthrncross
    sthrncross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 611

i love how people over-think everything. Pitt +3.5-5.0 thursday night, what a joke that game was. i know cincy was at home and ok st. is on the road but I think cowboys are out to prove something this season after the snub last year. who cares if there is RLM, use some common sense, throw some units on the cowboys and don't look back

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

They will roll

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by sthrncross View Post
    i love how people over-think everything. Pitt +3.5-5.0 thursday night, what a joke that game was. i know cincy was at home and ok st. is on the road but I think cowboys are out to prove something this season after the snub last year. who cares if there is RLM, use some common sense, throw some units on the cowboys and don't look back
    I did not hesitate to bet Cincy on Thursday, and I even got the worst possible line at -5.5, when a lot of people were angling Pitt as the "sharp" line. I just feel different about this one. Then again, I'm a UofA homer. I was probably gonna just pass, but I decided to put half a unit on the Cats at +10.5. We'll see. BOL.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I'm up near the ASU neck of the woods and you guys have more fan support than ASU does for sure. They were giving pairs of tickets away to the ASU/Illinois game, even encouraging Illini fans and Chicago area transplants to come to the game. This is some nasty reverse line movement. All the stuff about getting snubbed last year, etc. mean absolutely nothing. This team team doesn't have Weeden or Blackmon. They have a rookie QB playing his first game on the road against a quality opponent. OSU may very well roll here, but as a sports bettor, it is a horrible bet to make long term.

JohnBlaze
    JohnBlaze's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoz View Post
    Sup Chalky, I know I posted in that thread with you a few days ago agreeing that the Cats are in for a stomping, but I've kind of changed my tune since then. First of all, you can't ignore the reverse line movement. Huge line move in the face of overwhelming public on OkSt. And it got me thinking: (1) OkSt's blowout over Savannah St doesn't mean much; (2) AZ's close game against Toledo can be attributed to fumbles at the goal line, multiple stupid penalties that nullified big gains, and those missed chip shot field goals, and they still came away with the W against a decent Toledo team that could win their conference; (3) AZ has a fifth year senior quarterback who did in fact put up some good numbers last game, vs. the young qb for OkSt; (4) you and I both know AZ has a history of big home upsets.

I wish I would have gotten them at +13.5, not sure if I want it at +10.5.

I'm trying to score tickets to the game, at the very least I'll be drunk at the tailgate.

Oh, and Cats basketball is going to be insane this season.
    Good luck, buddy. Tickets should be had rather easily via craigs list.

I am trying to avoid any homer bias here, and it might be making me be too negative. It is always a good time, and if an Arizona fan does anything well - it is get up for big games. However, if OK St. opens up an early lead, half of the stadium leaves because they're thirsty.

This is the first time since Stanford last year that I will be rooting against my Cats. Money is thicker than Arizona football. (Can't say the same about AZ basketball).

If tomorrow ends where Arizona loses, and OK St. doesn't cover - it will be a long night.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

If you had to bet large on a team, make sure they have Home field advantage.

The line is not as heavily favorited is because OKC state are on the Road.