Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

ESPN Front page: Savannah State getting 70½ points

OK, so you're planning to plop down a few bucks on a college football game -- legally, of course -- and trying to decide whether to stick with the favorite or take the points.

Well, here's a tough one.

If you go with No. 6 Florida State in Saturday's game against lowly Savannah State, you'll be starting with a 70½-point deficit.

That's right, SEVENTY AND A HALF!

"Without a doubt," said Mike Colbert, vice president of risk management for Las Vegas-based Cantor Gaming, "this is the biggest line I've put up in 10 years doing this."

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8347913

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I like the way Colbert plays dumba$$ in the article, and discusses how they set the line based on the what they think the winning margin will be. Hilarious.....we all know they don't set lines based on what they predict will happen on the field.......they set lines based on what where they think the public will be.

Vuk
    Vuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    OK, so you're planning to plop down a few bucks on a college football game -- legally, of course -- and trying to decide whether to stick with the favorite or take the points.

Well, here's a tough one.

If you go with No. 6 Florida State in Saturday's game against lowly Savannah State, you'll be starting with a 70½-point deficit.

That's right, SEVENTY AND A HALF!

"Without a doubt," said Mike Colbert, vice president of risk management for Las Vegas-based Cantor Gaming, "this is the biggest line I've put up in 10 years doing this."

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8347913
    -61 at 5Dimes

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

Mike Colbert

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I know Savannah makes pretty good coin off of playing this game. But if you're Fla St. what do you get out of it? Even if they rack up a thousand yards, all it means is they played a shitty team.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I know Savannah makes pretty good coin off of playing this game. But if you're Fla St. what do you get out of it? Even if they rack up a thousand yards, all it means is they played a shitty team.
    They were going to play West Virginia instead of Savannah State, but WV backed out in April. FSU contacted 70 teams at the last minute, but this was the best they could do.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3451

line is -63

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    They were going to play West Virginia instead of Savannah State, but WV backed out in April. FSU contacted 70 teams at the last minute, but this was the best they could do.

I see.

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

These lines look awfully high until the home team is winning 52-0 at H-T.

Am I the only one that finds it hard to pull the trigger on these numbers?

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I can only take the points in games like this.