No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Two games I'm looking at for Saturday

Purdue +14.5 at Notre Dame: I realized the Irish looked like a juggernaut vs. Navy, but Purdue is a veteran squad returning a lot of its lineup from a year ago. I just wish the Boilers would stop dicking around with the two-QB system. Only thing that makes me hesitant here. Kawaan Short is a monster, and I like PU's corner (Allen and Johnson). Their receivers are underrated as well. I know the Boilermakers haven't been close recently vs. ND, but I think it's reasonable to believe they can be within two TD's here.

Iowa -3.5 vs. Iowa State: Yes, Iowa looked very shaky -- especially in the passing game -- vs. Northern Illinois. And yes, ISU dominated Tulsa (still not sure what was up with that line). The Cyclones have struggled in recent memory at Kinnick, though, and I don't think they can get over the hump this year. Bullock looked pretty good vs. NIU, and as long as Vandenberg gets better pass protection this week, Iowa wins and covers. ISU's linebackers are solid, but the rest of their D leaves a lot to be desired.

Taco MacArthur
    Taco MacArthur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I like the Iowa pick. Iowa always struggles with their first game of the season. Iowa State hasn't won at Kinnick since 2002, and everyone is on them now after they beat Tulsa. I think Vandenberg gets his act together, and Bullock has another good game. I think they cover.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Honestly I think Purdue's QB situation will get them blown out