Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Harry's Week 2 College Picks

Boyz,

A sloppy week in the opening session, going 3-4 on these pages. This week we're drinking the Kool-Aid and looking to get ahead with the following plays.....

VIRGINIA/PENN STATE - OVER 44-

In the Joe Pa years the Nittany Lions could win by playing methodical ball control football and relying on their always stout defense. Those days are over. Their defense stinks, as evidenced by allowing MAC entry Ohio to amass 529 yards on them last week in Happy Valley. The Cavs put up 43 points on a good Richmond (FCS) team last week and will probably do close to the same again this week. Penn State will be forced to play catch up. This one could get ugly. OVER.

AIR FORCE +21- (half unit) and MICHIGAN/AIR FORCE - OVER 61- (half unit)

Two smaller plays in this one. Gotta believe that the Wolverines were hoping for a better performance than they delivered last week against Alabama, on the national stage. They had prepped all summer for that one. Now they have to limp home and get ready for a completely different offense, the Air Force option......an option attack that worked pretty well last week against lowly Idaho State, gaining 484 yds on the ground alone. The Wolverines will right their ship this week, but will have to do so by outscoring the pesky Falcons. Closer than it should be and over.

WYOMING -3 over TOLEDO

It's a tough scheduling spot for the Rockets. They played last Saturday night in Tucson, flew home, then have to travel west again to Laramie. Add in the fact that Wyoming plays at 7200 feet altitude. Not easy for a tired team to catch their breath in that thin air. Toledo allowed over 600 yards last week to Arizona. The Cowboys played Texas surprisingly tough, moving the ball through the air with surprising ease.

CENTRAL MICHIGAN +20- against MICHIGAN STATE

The Spartans are also in a bad scheduling spot. Last week they played tooth and nail against Boise State in a marquee showdown and next week they visit hated Notre Dame. (MSU 2-11 ats prior to ND game.) This week is a classic sandwich game.....for the Spartans. For the Chippewas, however, this is akin to a bowl game (hyperbole added.) These teams have played 8 times but this is the first time Central has been the host. Sparty will be happy to notch a 'W' and move on to South Bend.

SYRACUSE/USC - OVER 59

I really wouldn't be surprised if Lane Kiffin's Trojans go over 59 on their own. Last week they walloped Hawaii and lost ground in the national rankings. Don't think that doesn't irk the petty Kiffin. Syracuse gave up 42 points last week at home to Northwestern. (This game is in New Jersey.) To their credit the Orangemen scored 41 themselves, amassing close to 600 yards. Look for a lot of scoring here as Matt Barkley piles up the numbers.

LSU/WASHINGTON - OVER 53

Last year the Huskies had one of the worst defenses in the country. They made it a goal to change that this year. It worked last week as they made short work of San Diego State, 21-12. This week is gonna be a rude awakening for that same defense. The extreme heat and humidity of Baton Rouge will quickly have an effect on the boys from the Northwest. LSU will score over 40 themselves, ramming the ball down the Huskies throats. Washington should retaliate enough to send this one up and OVER.

FLORIDA +1 at TEXAS A&M

Bad break for the Aggies having their first game cancelled last week. Now they have to start their SEC career against a Gator team that worked out many a wrinkle last week. Florida did not look particularly sharp in their opener against Bowling Green but that was somewhat by design. They kept things very simple, aiming toward this game and the start of conference play. College Station is a tough place to play, but A&M is breaking in a new coach and QB. Gimme the
    Gators.

ARIZONA/OKLAHOMA STATE - OVER 69

Okie State picked up right where they left off last season, scoring 84 points last week and amassing close to 700 yards in offense. Arizona meanwhile had 624 yards of their own last week. Rich Rodriguez is now running the show in Tucson. That means lots of offense and horrendous defense. This will be one of those games where the last team to score wins. Lots of points.

NEVADA -1- against SOUTH FLORIDA

The WolfPack looked awfully impressive last week upsetting Cal on the road. Now they're back home, where they are 12-1 over the past two seasons. This is a long trip for the Bulls. They will be playing at altitude against a pistol offense that they are hardly familiar with. Go with the home team.

As always, best of luck.
    Harry

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

Thanx harry

Big Dave's Picks
    PASS OR FAIL, BIG WEEKEND
    Big Dave's Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Thank you Harry. Picks looking pretty solid to me for the week and I wish you luck. Really like the Wyoming, Syr/USC over 59, Arizona/OK State over 69, and Nevada picks. Looking forward to see how they turn out for you sir, BOL Big Dave

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're joking with that Central Michigan write-up I hope. Sure the Spartans may be their best opponent but this team is absolutely no good, they are going to be swallowed up by the MSU D. The only question will be how fast Maxwell can start playing like the 4th quarter of the Boise game. I'm thinking pretty quickly.

porterkid69
    porterkid69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4392

Mich St. is at home next week, but I like the angle of your bet on Central Mich. GL

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by porterkid69 View Post
    Mich St. is at home next week, but I like the angle of your bet on Central Mich. GL
    You're right. My bad on that one, read their schedule wrong. It's still a sandwich game.

moneymaker22
    moneymaker22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 588

if the trojans go over 59 by themselves better take -26 instead

moneymaker22
    moneymaker22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 588

cant say i like air force +21 in the big house with explosive robinson and rb returning.... over is marginal also considering the conservative nature of brady hoke, but I could see it going over , but would not bet that

The Expert
    The Expert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2905

Not going to post the picks for Week 3? I like your thoughts