nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan St -21.5 and dropping

I know MSU may be a sore topic based on last week's Boise game but I'm really surprised here. Opened at -23.5, down to -21.5 today. Dropped two points in a day! And this is against Central Michigan, 1-11 ATS last year and those who had a very piss poor game against SEMO in their opener (A spread they didn't cover again @ -18)

Anybody have any idea what's going on here? I head something about a twitter controversy on ESPN but that should have no bearing on this outcome; Bell should run absolutely bananas in this one.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I agree Bell will go off like he did last week, but MSU was crazy with the turnovers. If they have anywhere close to those turnovers they won't cover.

nvrlose37

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    I agree Bell will go off like he did last week, but MSU was crazy with the turnovers. If they have anywhere close to those turnovers they won't cover.
    Their defense is insane though and shut down Boise. CMU isn't anything close to that. Maxwell seemed to chill out a little in the 2nd half so slowly learning. Another week of conditioning should put them in prime position.

I do agree though that those TOs just can not and should not happen to a top 15 team like that.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

MSU will ground and pound and run the clock. I would beware of that going into this game.

nvrlose37

They may like a slow offense but i think a 21-0 win is very possible. The line fell to -20.5, I'm locking it in.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

typical overreaction. Michigan drops from #8 to #20, everyone says that the Big 10 is garbage. All while forgetting that the same thing happened to LSU in the Natl Championship game, and they are ranked top 3.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Spread is down to 20.5. Better games on the board, but would be careful underestimating Central Michigan.

Chippewas return 17 starters and Senior QB Radcliffe can sling it. Radcliffe has been ranked in the top 20 for passing a couple years now.

MSU has Notre Dame on deck. Chippewas 5-1 ATS , L6 VS Big 10. Beat MSU 29-27 in East Lansing in 09. Spartan D looks strong, but why show much offense on the road for Irish to game plan with?

I can see Spartan backers arguing that Chippewas defense looks soft, but Radcliffe could be a threat for the back door cover late in the game. gl

nvrlose37

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    Spread is down to 20.5. Better games on the board, but would be careful underestimating Central Michigan.

Chippewas return 17 starters and Senior QB Radcliffe can sling it. Radcliffe has been ranked in the top 20 for passing a couple years now.

MSU has Notre Dame on deck. Chippewas 5-1 ATS , L6 VS Big 10. Beat MSU 29-27 in East Lansing in 09. Spartan D looks strong, but why show much offense on the road for Irish to game plan with?

I can see Spartan backers arguing that Chippewas defense looks soft, but Radcliffe could be a threat for the back door cover late in the game. gl
    Chips have had Great historical periods but once you venture into the Lefevre years, you become disillusioned. This team is so far from the quality of those teams that stats become worthless.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

typical massive letdown spot after big opener and before notre dame game.

nvrlose37

Is there anything more satisfying when the "sharps" lower a line by almost 6 and you stand winning on the other side?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Is there anything more satisfying when the "sharps" lower a line by almost 6 and you stand winning on the other side?
    I went with CMU... Thought it was a sharp play

ksatch
    Stripper Faceplant
    ksatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3052

end of the 3rd quarter and the Chips are getting ground into dust on both sides of the ball. This State defense is one of the best in the country. Still haven't allowed an offensive TD yet this year. States backup RB is gonna probably have a 100 yrds in the second half. He lead the the team in rushing in 2009 btw.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Always fade line movement that becomes overly obvious.