alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

New Mexico +38 at Texas?

Wyoming easily beat the 31 point spread at Texas last week losing 17-37. New Mexico may not be as stout as WY but I expect new coach Bob Davie to find a way to keep this one relatively respectable.
    Alabaster's Call: Texas 45 UNM 13
    Any feedback would be appreciated

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

New Mex is the worst team in football. Wy has a good QB and the coach has built a competitive program.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Yeah I would not really look at the wyoming game for anything. Wyoming isnt very good but last year New Mexico was a special kind of bad.

WHo knows what New Mexico has, that coach they had last year was such a joke so maybe Davie can do something with those guys. New Mexico or nothing IMHO.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas could shut them out while scoring 45. Its really just a matter of how quickly they score those points and if NMX gets opportunities in garbage time. I'd go the -38 though.

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Yeah, I think I'll shy away on this one...thanks

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

new mexico's qb and running game are decent

nvrlose37

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    new mexico's qb and running game are decent
    You basing that off a performance against Southern or some other manner?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

phil steele has new mexico as both top most improved offense and defense

davies had good d's at ND and can eat the clock as he likes the running game (might not be reasonable to suggest they can run on texas but a few first downs with running game will slow texas momentum

some very nice transfers at nm. 3 on defense and can't remember if lamar thomas is at nm or nms

last years new mexico wouldn't blow out any remotely credible team

i see texas on most overated lists

we'll see.. but i like the phil steele has them massively improved on O and D

nvrlose37

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    phil steele has new mexico as both top most improved offense and defense

davies had good d's at ND and can eat the clock as he likes the running game (might not be reasonable to suggest they can run on texas but a few first downs with running game will slow texas momentum

some very nice transfers at nm. 3 on defense and can't remember if lamar thomas is at nm or nms

last years new mexico wouldn't blow out any remotely credible team

i see texas on most overated lists

we'll see.. but i like the phil steele has them massively improved on O and D
    Phil Steele also has Texas as his dark horse candidate for NC I believe. So with this logic the world will explode!

Also, I think he listed UCF as his most improved.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i meant top 5 most improved for offense and defense. had no idea what phil's view of texas was.

i use his stuff more for the lesser teams. lots of good analysis out there for major teams

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

"We've gone from four or five wideouts (against Wyoming) to coaching against a triple option that looks like the modern day version of the wishbone," Texas coach Mack Brown said. "It will be a week of discipline and assignment football that our defense will really have to try to figure out."

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I love New Mexico here. I don't know why but I just don't respect Texas right now. They seem flawed in the passing game both defense and offense. I have to go with NM here as I'm not sure Texas can put up 38 points playing by themselves. I'm rolling with NM and I'm putting a little on the ML for the hell of it. +14000 has a lot of value to me.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally I do not care for Texas because of Mack Brown. To me he is a failure.