frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

College Football Week 2: Post your strongest play for Week 2

Mine is Cincinnati -4 at home against Pittsburgh

I don't see how a team who got dominated at home by an FCS school turns around and gets ready for a road game against a decent team in only 4 days. Surprised the line is at -4 maybe Vegas knows something I don't but I can assure Cincinnati is better than Youngstown State and short game weeks always favor the home team.

DMcnabb
    DMcnabb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

My best play is PITT +4.5 or +4 depending on where you get them. Cincy is opening the season without Zach Collaros and Isaiah Pead from last year's offense. PITT's offense was very good in the opener, but just had a couple of bad breaks with turnover's inside the 30 twice, but they moved the ball well. Youngstown St.'s offense controlled the ball most of the game which limited PITT's offense, that punted only twice. Also keep in mind that Ray Graham was coming back from knee injury and wasn't at full strength. He was originally eying this game for the comeback, so he should be better than last week, seeing as he wore the no contact jersey throughout camp. Look for PITT's offense to run rampant on Cincy's subpar D, and take your chances with PITT's defense against a crippled Cincinnati offense.

DMcnabb
    DMcnabb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Also, don't forget that there was a 30 minute rain delay, which may have had something to do with it.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I do not know if this would be my strongest play yet, but I really like Missouri to beat Georgia. I have said this all summer and stand by it still. Georgia has tons of problems and I do not think they will play well until the 2nd half of the season.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    I do not know if this would be my strongest play yet, but I really like Missouri to beat Georgia. I have said this all summer and stand by it still. Georgia has tons of problems and I do not think they will play well until the 2nd half of the season.
    Too many starters out on the D. I agree mizzou ml.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

4 unit play for me. Washington Huskies LSU Tigers Under 53.5. Will take this one to the bank.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

got the cinci line when it opened pre week 1
    cinci covers by atleast 10
    pitt is done

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Virginia -10 vs Penn St
    Oak st -13.5 vs Arizona

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Mine is Cincinnati -4 at home against Pittsburgh

I don't see how a team who got dominated at home by an FCS school turns around and gets ready for a road game against a decent team in only 4 days. Surprised the line is at -4 maybe Vegas knows something I don't but I can assure Cincinnati is better than Youngstown State and short game weeks always favor the home team.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Duke +14.5

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

San Diego State -4 vs. Army.

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

good picks

travismcilrath

i think cincy will cover

travismcilrath

ok st is a good one too

travismcilrath

they looked good wk 1

travismcilrath

way good

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to look over the picks with more depth but some early thoughts:

Clemson -27.5: They always start strong and they are playing Ball St. Thinking they could win by 35 here and keep the early season domination trend going.

UCF +17.5: Could keep it within this against Ohio St. Ohio St may be getting a little too much credit for destroying Miami Ohio.

Oregon -34.5: Would've won by 100 last week, as long as they keep stepping on the throat.

La Tech -3.5: Would've thought to play Houston if the line was in their favor, but this seems unconscionable after the way Houston looked last week.

Arkansas -30.5: Utter destruction of LA-Monroe. Not seeing much competition there.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

UTEP moneyline

Azshadios
    Azshadios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1607

Temple 10 1/2 Vs Marryland (temple to win by at least 3tds, and the under look good too, i dont see Marryland move the ball with temple D)
    North Carolina 6 1/2 vs wake forest (Noone is really paying much attention to north carolina)
    KSU (7) vs Miami

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Travismcilrath, try putting all of your messages in one post instead of multiple posts.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Travismcilrath, try putting all of your messages in one post instead of multiple posts.
    exactly. in other words, stop posting like a fukkin idiot.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    San Diego State -4 vs. Army.
    this is a sharp pick here, just hard to know how they will respond.

Good coach with a qb who has been through some shiz (one rumor is that he knocked up one of the assistants daughter at OSU and that played a part in his demotion, just a rumor though, no actual verification)
    I like SDSU in this spot, all these tout jokers hyping up army, I don't see it.
    The line move is a bit scary, but when the big money comes in I imagine it will move towards San Diego

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like Missouri against Georgia. I cannot believe it is 3 point dogs at home. I thought it would be higher. I say the line maker knows something here so my best bet is to play Missouri plus 3.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    this is a sharp pick here, just hard to know how they will respond.

Good coach with a qb who has been through some shiz (one rumor is that he knocked up one of the assistants daughter at OSU and that played a part in his demotion, just a rumor though, no actual verification)
    I like SDSU in this spot, all these tout jokers hyping up army, I don't see it.
    The line move is a bit scary, but when the big money comes in I imagine it will move towards San Diego
    2 point line move is not crazy in NCAAF when the lines first get posted. San Diego without Lindley and Hillman this year and SDSU only beat Army by 3 last year. Their coaches decision on 4th downs and extra points was a little odd. I think he planned on losing the Washington game and just said screw it, and went for it instead of kicking field goals, extra points and instead, went for 2 point conversions. I don't see him doing this in games they should win. The fact is they held a high powered offense to 14 offensive points and 106 yds. of rushing. The defense is solid and their offense is a nice mixture. Army has lost 7 straight on the road, they did not win a road game last year. Army's starting center is most likely out, a variety of players have sat out recent practices due to injury including offensive lineman. Army's defensive line is inexperienced and small. San Diego State should take this by a TD at home.

I can see touts hyping this team by claiming how many running backs and option backs are returning as well as the quarterback. They are the best rushing team in college, blah, blah, blah. Their defense is awful and they do not play well on the road. I don't care if they run the ball for 400 yds, they turn the ball over a lot and any disciplined defense with tackling skills can stop a triple option. I watched the Army Navy game last year and it hurt my eyes.

bartman
    bartman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Ecu plus 22 vs south carolina

South Carolina will have a tough time putting up a lot of points; they looked awful against Vandy and now their QB, Shaw, is questionable. ECU is not a bad team and lost a lot of close games last year and SC won a lot of close games. This line may come down a bit.

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    UTEP moneyline

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Air Force +21
    Guys Michigan can't stop the run. Period. AF offense will have a field day and keep Michigans offense off the field.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Air Force +21
    Guys Michigan can't stop the run. Period. AF offense will have a field day and keep Michigans offense off the field.
    Toussiant is back for Michigan, he'll make a difference in run game, JW

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    UTEP moneyline
    I love the +7.5. Can't take the ML on the road but the miners are the better team.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Toussiant is back for Michigan, he'll make a difference in run game, JW
    He better play both ways. Michigan's defense is not good enough to lay a 3td number against any half decent team imo.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    He better play both ways. Michigan's defense is not good enough to lay a 3td number against any half decent team imo.
    I don't know, John. Alabama's O-Line is for real and were just too big too strong for UM. Obviously Air Force, won't have as good as O-Line and Denard and Co. will be hungry. I'm not on UM but don't like the game.

Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5264

SoCal and over, first half.

coca84
    coca84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

New Mexico +38

12 Last