alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Nebraska -4.5 at UCLA

Clearly UCLA may prove to be more formidable than during the Rick Loseheisel era. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Their 49 point outburst came against the lowly Rice Owls. Do not expect them to get half of that total when the huskers visit. Conversely, expect Nebraska to show a balanced attack with a much-improved passer in Taylor Martinez. Although Rex Burkehead is out, I expect the stable of decent running backs to shoulder the workload without missing too much of a beat. Nebraska 33 UCLA 20

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Taylor Martinez played high school ball in Corona, an hour south of the Rose Bowl. I'm expecting him to have a big game against UCLA.

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't believe the line was this low I was expecting closer to 10.

Martinez said he loved UCLA growing up but they never offered him. Now he's going to kick their ass.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

The blackshirts are not what they used to be.........but the NU offense should roll here.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

I like the over here..UCLA always finds a way to loose these games but their new QB looks like he has potential to put up big game numbers

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Pass

knappspicks
    knappspicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

best play of all time. trying to get -2 for -160.

knappspicks

pass? this is the lock of the week!

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

looks too good to be true it normally is

knappspicks

martinez will complete like 70 percent of his balls.. will be a beat down.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i remember people saying the same thing when tennessee visited and got their ass kicked.

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

ucla is no good

travismcilrath

taylor will light em up

travismcilrath

running and passing

travismcilrath

take the over too

Azshadios
    Azshadios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1607

both team can put up score on the board, safe bet is the over

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Careful guys P-diddys son plays for UCLA

LoL I heard he sucks though. The PAC 12 is awful . Nebraska is easy money here

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR
    BlacK_HazE's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game looks like it has all the makings of a trap game.. Nebraska's without their starting RB Burkehead, and we really don't know how much better T. Martinez has gotten as last week he played a poor Southern Miss defense. The real question is, is how will he fair on the road against a veteran UCLA secondary? IMO this line should have been somewhere between 10-14 points which makes me think that Nebraska -5 is too good to be true. Remember they lost a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball, and the Huskers normally struggle when they play a scrambling QB.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Week 2 and we are already talking trap lol

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

OVER is probably the best play. i watched the whole Nebraska game this week and they have a ton of holes in their defense. not even close to what they used to be.

on the other hand Taylor Martinez has made HUGE improvements on his passing game that it is crazy. never would have thought the kid would be able to throw the ball like he did after last years performances.

Nebraska is gonna light the scoreboard up a lot this year but their defense has some serious question marks.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Week 2 and we are already talking trap lol
    I dont know if "trap" would be the exact word but it's the same situation with Boise State/Mich St, Georgia Tech/Virginia Tech, etc.. It's week 2, you still don't know how good teams really are as most of them play bum teams. Did T. Martinez look good week 1? Yes, but he was playing a defense who only had 2 returning starters in their secondary and allowed 224 passing yards per game last year. IMO this is a no play but BOL

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

The last time Nebraska went to the WC in the regular season it looked like a trap game too... -3 @ Washington and Martinez lit Washington up for like almost 300 yards and 4 TDs...

That all being said... Nebraska has never figured out what to do against a mobile QB... they simply look clueless when a QB takes off. The over is clearly the play...

UCLA last week looked extremely vulnerable against the zone read play (though Rice had nobody to exploit it)... Nebraska and Martinez showed very little of that Zone read action last week... I think as well as Martinez is passing.. his legs will be the factor in this one with UCLA now concerned about his arm... I expect Nebraska to win by double digits but the over is certainly the better of the choices.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

looks good

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Taylor Martinez = Overatted

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

all of you have convinced me to back ucla.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK_HazE View Post
    Taylor Martinez = Overatted
    He may very well be but in watching him on Saturday... he looked 100% better than last year to me, I was impressed... don't forget the guy is also the second fastest QB in the nation...

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    OVER is probably the best play. i watched the whole Nebraska game this week and they have a ton of holes in their defense. not even close to what they used to be.

on the other hand Taylor Martinez has made HUGE improvements on his passing game that it is crazy. never would have thought the kid would be able to throw the ball like he did after last years performances.

Nebraska is gonna light the scoreboard up a lot this year but their defense has some serious question marks.
    I think you might be right. Nebraska actually score better with Burkhead out. The black shirt defense didn't exactly do all that well either.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Careful guys P-diddys son plays for UCLA

LoL I heard he sucks though. The PAC 12 is awful . Nebraska is easy money here
    Two of the top 5 teams in the country. Yup, just awful. Top of the PAC 12 would fukk up the top of the Big 12.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Two of the top 5 teams in the country. Yup, just awful. Top of the PAC 12 would fukk up the top of the Big 12.
    Yeah the Pac-12 has TWO legitimate BCS National Champion contenders and the Preseason #1 ranked team in the country... Ha

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

UCLA always has athletes ans usually quicker than the Nebraska types

Its a guess..take points if anything

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

UCLA blows, single decent season since 1998. Nebraska always solid.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Who mentioned the BIG 12? Last I checked Nebraska was in the Big Ten and they are certainly not playing the likes of USC or Oregon....

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    UCLA always has athletes ans usually quicker than the Nebraska types

Its a guess..take points if anything
    Not saying taking the points is a bad play but Nebraska has a loads of speed on offense this year, more than UCLA frankly... Bell, Turner, Abdullah and Martinez are all game breakers that if out in the open field will be gone.... Nebraska's D looks suspect to me though...

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post

Im a big Nebraska homer and I agree with everything you said. I was not happy at all with the defense last week but I will say they had no idea what USM was going to do on offense as they had a new coaching staff and nothing on film. Even tho UCLA only has one game on tape with the new staff I think NU can get a much better look and preparation this week compared to last and they only have to focus on 1 QB when USM had 3 to prepare for.

If the D sucks this week I'll be really concerned. But I think the offense throws up another big point total this weekend and the huskers roll. Nebraska may have as many fans at this game as UCLA will.

bhodgin
    bhodgin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I'm from Nebraska and can say for those worried about Burkhead being out, don't be. The backups are more athletic and talented then Rex is, its just we have this stupid tradition of starting upper classmen over younger players.

12 Last