ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Bad Line alert: OSU v. Arizona (9/8/2012)

Ok. St. v. Arizona +12.5 (bet online)

Ok State is going to literally murder Arizona. I am an AZ homer, and I know these things. We are absolute garbage this year, barely able to beat Toledo in Tucson.

Having to give less than two TD's is damn close to the dangerous free money, IMO.

My books have yet to hang a line, but I am shocked with this early one.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    Don't fukk over my monies!

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

have to agree.

Coach Rodriguez put up a sign in the locker room that says the following:

"I am Coach Rodriguez and Coach Rodriguez teams suck dicks!!! Now get out there and suck some dicks!!!!"

Sure took that message to heart in the Toledo game.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

LSU -22 vs Washington too. Huskies may not even score once.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Don't fukk over my monies!

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

how about New Mexico +41

can Texas even score 41?

Bob Davie is new coach at New Mexico. He will keep that clock moving with alot of running.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Sup Chalky. As a fellow UofA homer, I tend to agree with you. Glad to start the RichRod era off with a win yesterday, but you'd have to be blind to miss the fact that they struggled mightily to get there. Anything can happen, but at this point it is an understatement to say they are outmatched against OSU.

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    LSU -22 vs Washington too. Huskies may not even score once.
    oh boy!!! hell yes

Coach Sargeezeran is such a fraud. The guy is just a fukking mouth and not a coach.

Can't wait till they replace Sargeezeran

ChalkyDog

Love the input on other "bad lines" with some local knowledge being dropped.

This is where SBR can really shine.

Both Arizona fans are in here saying to fade the hell out of them.

And Minet - I can't stand lock threads, tend to hurt my bankroll.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

where are you seeing week 2 lines? can you post them all here, 5Dimes doesnt have week2 lines

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Love the input on other "bad lines" with some local knowledge being dropped.

This is where SBR can really shine.

Both Arizona fans are in here saying to fade the hell out of them.

And Minet - I can't stand lock threads, tend to hurt my bankroll.

Go Beavers
    Go Beavers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yeah, that line wont be there for long. Wisconsin -9 @ Oregon St. seems very low as well, I know they struggled vs UNI but I think wisc will roll here.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Nebraska -6 @ UCLA is interesting. Smells fishy.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I disagree

You are assuming that Oklahoma State is a good team

While they might be, any division 1 team would have beaten Savannah State by 70 yesterday

They still have a freshman QB who has not played against a real team yet, and for all practical intents and purposes is playing his first real college game on the road, where anything can happen

Not saying you should play Arizona +12.5, but Oklahoma State in my opinion is weaker than they were last year, still don't have a defense and things could go south if they can't connect in the passing game. Look at how off Oklahoma was last night vs. UTEP, I could see the same happening to Oklahoma State

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I disagree

While they might be, any division 1 team would have beaten Savannah State by 70 yesterday

They still have a freshman QB who has not played against a real team yet, and for all practical intents and purposes is playing his first real college game on the road, where anything can happen

Not saying you should play Arizona +12.5, but Oklahoma State in my opinion is weaker than they were last year, still don't have a defense and things could go south if they can't connect in the passing game. Look at how off Oklahoma was last night vs. UTEP, I could see the same happening to Oklahoma State
    The problem is that the Arizona defense is really really bad. OSU still has a potent offense. If OSU can stop Arizona a few times, they win this going away.

Arizona offense is light years ahead of our defense, but we are still a lower 1/4th PAC team this year. Overachieving for this team is a 6 win season that lands us in some toilet bowl game.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

As a Michigan fan, I can attest to the fact that it takes a while for Dickrod to get his offense going. His first year in Ann Arbor he lost to Toledo. The difference this time is he had a spread qb waiting for him in Tuscon.

That being said, it is true that literally any D1 team could beat Savannah State by 70. OK State benched its starters in the 1st Qtr after getting out to a 42-0 lead. I can't imagine what Florida State will do to them. So we don't really know how good OK State and their freshman QB really are yet. OK State should win, but I don't know if they'll cover.

One line I instinctively pounded today was Cinci -1 at home vs. Pitt. Pitt just lost at home to Youngstown State, a I-AA team by 2 TDs. You don't bounce back and win a road game the following week. Hopefully I can middle it at some point this week.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    As a Michigan fan, I can attest to the fact that it takes a while for Dickrod to get his offense going. His first year in Ann Arbor he lost to Toledo. The difference this time is he had a spread qb waiting for him in Tuscon.

That being said, it is true that literally any D1 team could beat Savannah State by 70. OK State benched its starters in the 1st Qtr after getting out to a 42-0 lead. I can't imagine what Florida State will do to them. So we don't really know how good OK State and their freshman QB really are yet. OK State should win, but I don't know if they'll cover.

One line I instinctively pounded today was Cinci -1 at home vs. Pitt. Pitt just lost at home to Youngstown State, a I-AA team by 2 TDs. You don't bounce back and win a road game the following week. Hopefully I can middle it at some point this week.
    Hey man, do you think you can get $500 down on these BetOnline openers? $1,000 down?
    I don't have a BetOnline account because of all the bad stuff on this site, but if they are going to be putting out these opening numbers I would like join.
    In Vegas you could get $3,000 down on the openers at Wynn, but I have no idea what BetOnline takes.

silver39
    silver39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1354

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    how about New Mexico +41

can Texas even score 41?

Bob Davie is new coach at New Mexico. He will keep that clock moving with alot of running.
    Like this

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I disagree

Shut the **** up your a fraud

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

inkwell $1000 limits at BO

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

greek opened 11... it will close at 2tds

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

currently -13.5 at 5dimes

indian giver
    what else could go wrong?
    indian giver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

if you can get florida +3 I like it. this is a&m's opener due to the hurricane postponed game. new coach, new conference, freshman qb.

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by indian giver View Post
    if you can get florida +3 I like it. this is a&m's opener due to the hurricane postponed game. new coach, new conference, freshman qb.

ha ha. fukking love the name "indian giver"

Mann05
    Mann05's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol SBG Global has Arizona listed at -12

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Watch the Illinois news closely this week, if Schelhause can't go Illinois has NO CHANCE to beat ASU

The back up qb's are pathetic
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave Brock Landers 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Mann05 View Post
    lol SBG Global has Arizona listed at -12
    Good lord.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

keeping this game in notes for week 2 teaser

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

It was -9.5 in preseason lines. Maybe it closes -14. To say it is a really bad line is off the perception of 1 game.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Is Okie St. really much better than Toledo on offense?

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

thanks for the info.........good luck this week

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I hope I don't crap the bed here but I think OKST wins this game by 25+. Arizona needed OT to win at home in their opener against Toledo. Well aware of the cowboys having a freshman QB, but they looked all kinds of sharp, plus it's a god damn Pac 12 team that's not USC or Oregon. 4-8 a year ago, lost 7 conference games and a combined 55-130 against ranked teams last year. Rodriguez did not make that team instantly better. OKST in a game that's over by halftime.

ChalkyDog

Just capped this using numbers, and -13.5 (current line at bookmaker) isn't too far off. The lowest "line" I got in this matchup was OSU -15 (14.96). If I was using just that, this wouldn't actually qualify as a play as such.

However, using real knowledge of the Wildcats here, along with other things I have read - Arizona shouldn't have a chance in this game, and keeping OSU within two touchdown will be hard for this Wildcat team.

I am worried, however, that the game will hover around this line for the majority of the game - which opens up the backdoor cover.

I am on OSU -13, and it is also my largest wager so far in the season. Obviously not a lock, as it is too early in the season to cap these teams correctly, and I hate locks.

Anyway, good luck!

12 Last