Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quality input is appreciated on the Georgia Tech/Virgina Tech game

With this being a home game for Virgina Tech and I really like there quarterback Johnson, I just do not see Georgia Tech staying in this game. Appreciate any and all quality feedback, enabling me to make a good decision, as I am at the moment thinking of playing several dimes on this game.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 09-02-12 at 01:02 PM.

El_Paladín
    El_Paladín's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Triple option = easy stop for Beamer.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Johnson? Logan Thomas is the QB for VT and yes he is quite good.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

I'm leaning VaTech as well. Beamer will have plenty of time to prepare for GaTech's offense. VaTech's defense will be very good but I'm not too sure on the offense. I'm leaning Under for the game and also GaTech Under. Receivers on both sides are pretty green but I do like Thomas at the helm.

Urbanwildlife

Thank you guys for the input and what you expressed in your posts is my sentiments exactly. I just do not see Georgia Tech stopping Thomas, and as a couple of you pointed out, they have had quite a lot of time to come up with a game plan to stop the triple option. I wanted to wait to pull the trigger to get more input, but I was afraid the line would move to 7.5, as it did in several locations in Las Vegas, so I went ahead and took the play at 7. Really need it as I had the worse weekend of my long college football betting career. Got knocked down hard, but not out, so it is time to rebound.

Ticket # Accepted Type Risk To Win Short Description
    47406426-1 9/1/2012 11:36PM Spread 2,160.00 2,000.00 Football - 216 Virginia Tech -7 -108 for Game

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia Tech up to -13.5 is a

Urbanwildlife

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

I disagree Virginia Tech is over rated. look for Geo tech to win ..........
    ..maybe even outright

you heard it here

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by 16johnnymac View Post
    I disagree Virginia Tech is over rated. look for Geo tech to win ..........
    ..maybe even outright

you heard it here
    Anyone can make a comment like you just did, but please provide us with an explanation of why you feel they are over-rated, and why you feel Georgia Tech will win the game. When I posted the thread, I was looking for quality postings, not just a random post with no merit behind it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanBraunMVP, and ColdBeerHere

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the look of VT because I know how GT played towards the end of the year. I know they have a great rush game but I'm pretty sure that has been figured out by now.

Always beware of ACC ball, they are so wishywashy with the spreads. VT and FSU have been known to be the exceptions though so I may go VT as well in this one. Good luck.

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Take the -7 while it's still available, this line is gonna move up something fierce come Monday. I think it will move at least 2-2.5 points...

I took -7 yesterday and I'm not looking back.

The u49 should be a good play as well to at least break even.

BOL

Urbanwildlife

Totally agree Counterfeit Cash as I pointed out in one of my posts above, as the Vegas line is mostly 7.5 right now.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

love the under

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    love the under
    And why is that?

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

vt homer here and i would not lay 7 with this team yet. no proven running back. Tech is a running team

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

i bought a 2 team parlay
    Baylor -300
    Va. Tech -300

pays +078

Va. Tech 4-1 SU vs Geo. Tech
    Va. Tech 15-1 SU in Home Openers

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13742

lines already on the move....8.5 at my book.....

play it safe.....Georgia Tech Team Total under 21 is the way to go

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

Loveeeeeee the under

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Playing Vtech and the under, Vtech's D will be unstoppable if they can stop the big plays an they've had good looks vs G tech lately. I never bet very much on the virginia tech Chokies though, lolol

CapperGuy
    CapperGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

Playing @ Lane stadium is no easy task, especially in a game opener with essentially everything on the line as far as bowl implications are concerned. With that being said, VTech has a lot of question marks on the offensive side of the ball with a questionable rb and targets for Logan Thomas. Will these kids playing their first game under the lights on primetime overcome the pressure? The Oline is questionable as well and Logan will be pressured all night and be forced to make plays happen with his new targets. One thing I do love about VTech is their recruiting and scouts are insanely notorious for snatching up great players to mesh well with Beamer's style. I am not worried about GTech to exploit the Vtech defense, there's a long shot with that happening especially with Sims struggling with a shin injury the entire off season, not really getting much reps. GL on your play, VTech are at home and it's very difficult to come in there and take a W with Beamer as head coach and a tough Defensive core in the Hokies. I will continue to do more research on the new recruits and starters on the offensive side of the ball for Vtech and might pull the trigger on them as well if I feel comfortable. But experience is huge in these type of matches, there's a reason this game was picked to be on primetime Labor Day.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by CapperGuy View Post
    Playing @ Lane stadium is no easy task, especially in a game opener with essentially everything on the line as far as bowl implications are concerned. With that being said, VTech has a lot of question marks on the offensive side of the ball with a questionable rb and targets for Logan Thomas. Will these kids playing their first game under the lights on primetime overcome the pressure? The Oline is questionable as well and Logan will be pressured all night and be forced to make plays happen with his new targets. One thing I do love about VTech is their recruiting and scouts are insanely notorious for snatching up great players to mesh well with Beamer's style. I am not worried about GTech to exploit the Vtech defense, there's a long shot with that happening especially with Sims struggling with a shin injury the entire off season, not really getting much reps. GL on your play, VTech are at home and it's very difficult to come in there and take a W with Beamer as head coach and a tough Defensive core in the Hokies. I will continue to do more research on the new recruits and starters on the offensive side of the ball for Vtech and might pull the trigger on them as well if I feel comfortable. But experience is huge in these type of matches, there's a reason this game was picked to be on primetime Labor Day.
    Fantastic post CapperGuy and very appreciated. It is exactly what I was hoping to hear with my posting of the thread. Best of luck to you, and I hope you are able to take many strolls to the pay window!

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

[QUOTE=Counterfeit Cash;15869948]Take the -7 while

it's still available, this line is gonna move up something fierce come Monday. I think it will move at least 2-2.5 points...

I took -7 yesterday and I'm not looking back.

The u49 should be a good play as well to at least break even.

BOL[/QUO

Are you kidding 2pts?? These are 2 big time let down teams esspecially early season. If this moves 2pts take g.t all day

silver39
    silver39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1354

For me I like GT +7 1/2 and the under in this one...

VT O line is pretty much brand new 1 returning starter they may make it rough for Thomas to get going out of the gate especially with no David Wilson...GT on the other hand returns 8 Offensive starters including QB and 2 RBs who carried most of load in run 1st offense.

Both teams return 7-8 starters from the D (VT had a very good D last year) I think GT D will be able to get to Thomas better this year and control him. I feel VT will slow down the run better this as well.

Kind of like a GT upset but going 23-17 VT

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

ya im on vtech for 10u

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

No one think an over is in the cards?

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

Two factors that i can think of, 1 VT had a long time to watch film and prep for this. If you get that much time, i think its beneficial, esp for an exp squad. 2) its the first game, and i think GT may be a little rust.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

ACC is too unpredictable for me. There are 50 other games to bet every week.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3165

Urban- VT may win big but it looks like you are chasing after a bad week. VT breaking in a new O-line/running backs and GT is a dangerous team. I am taking the 7.5, but do not feel that strongly about the game. GL.

eatdarich
    Yo Momma's Pimp
    eatdarich's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Over 48 at Bovada might be the bees knees.lol

Vuk
    Vuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by CapperGuy View Post
    Capp I sent you a PM..

Urbanwildlife

"

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    ACC is too unpredictable for me. There are 50 other games to bet every week.
    True...but only one tonight
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

brigade125
    brigade125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Can't trust these espn primetime night games..just look at the south carolina and vandy games on Thursday night..dogs cover
    and Michigan st. Vs boise game ...friday night primetime game dogs cover...these are the type of games on paper that the favorite should have easily covered ...same thing tonight espn night game ...point spread around 7 ...game.could.be very close. ..georgia tech or no play ...
    Last edited by brigade125; 09-03-12 at 01:25 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

thinking GT tt under

Melda
    Melda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4169

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Anyone can make a comment like you just did, but please provide us with an explanation of why you feel they are over-rated, and why you feel Georgia Tech will win the game. When I posted the thread, I was looking for quality postings, not just a random post with no merit behind it.
    You didn't even give the right name of the team's QB you like, you idiot.

12 Last