chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

SEC Plays

I'm going to see how long I can keep a thread going with my Southeastern Conference plays. I do well inside the conference I know, and not so well outside of it.

Auburn +3 (-125) 1.25 to win 1

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

That's my best conference as well, and I also have auburn, and the moneyline. Take Bama too. Good luck!

chaseman

I should have taken Bama. Auburn pissed it away like we knew they would. Chizik is in trouble. Any thoughts on the Kentucky-Louisville game today? The trends for the Under are staggering, but I don't trust two teams with a combined 15+ freshman starters. This could be a really sloppy game that leads to a lot of points or absolutely no points.

chaseman

I'll bite because I think this UK team will be as bad as expected.

Louisville -14 (-110) 1.1 to win 1

chaseman

1-1 (-0.25)

Upcoming SEC Games this weekend

Auburn @ Miss St
    ECU @ South Carolina
    Florida @ Texas A&M
    WKU @ Alabama
    Georgia St @ Tenn
    Washington @ LSU
    UTEP @ Ole Miss
    Arkansas @ LA Monroe
    Kent St @ Kentucky
    Georgia @ Mizzou
    Vandy @ Northwestern

Now that week 1 for the SEC is over, things pretty much went as expected. South Carolina struggled with a particularly motivated Vandy team, and Steve Spurrier said Connor Shaw can't move his arm. I'm staying away from them until they prove they're not overrated. Tennessee destroyed NC State. The score could have been one at least one more TD in Tenn's favor, with Bray fumbling on the 1-inch goal line. Tenn's defense got better as the game went on--something that hasn't happened in a game with a Derek Dooley football team. Florida came out flat and looked unattractive against Bowling Green. If it wasn't for RB Gillislee, they would have had very little offense. The Gators will have to rely on defense this year.

Looking ahead to next week, I'll be looking for Missouri to keep it close with Georgia. Texas A&M might start off slow because of their first game being postponed, but I look for it to be a close game in the end with Florida. Both Missouri and A&M, new members to the SEC, are hosting their first new conference opponents, and I think it will feel like a bowl game. Teams and fans should be pumped.

Futures: LSU will probably destroy their next 5 opponents, as their schedule enhances their possibility of an undefeated season. Ole Miss and Kentucky are even more terrible than ever before, and should be avoided at all costs. Vandy will continue to play with heart and motivation, and it will win them a couple of upsets...they are currently not the pushover they once were.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

UTEP vs Ole Miss is sticking out to me. 7.5 points seem too much for a questionable Ole Miss team. I'm really warming up to UTEP in the 1st half.

chaseman

Yeah I saw that.. I don't like it because Ole Miss is at home. UTEP stinks too, but I think Ole Miss pulls out a cover here.

First play I have today is

South Carolina -21 (-105) to win 1

With or without Shaw, the South Carolina defense should stymie ECU. Lattimore will run crazy. Cocks win big after narrowly beating Vandy last week.

chaseman

Florida PK (-110) to win 1

chaseman

Tennessee -46 (-110) to win 1

I would normally never play this much of a favorite, but Tennessee has Florida coming up next week, and they still have a lot of questions to be answered. Dooley is on the hot seat and needs to beat Florida next week, and I think he will use this game to work out some kinks--meaning offensive starters will stay in longer than usual, as well as most of the first team defense.

This is probably the craziest play I've ever had. I didn't even think there would be a line for it.

chaseman

Georgia -1.5 (-105) to win 1

chaseman

3-1 today unless Georgia coughs up a 21 pt lead in the 4th. My only loss was that stupid stupid stupid Tenn play that I knew was stupid before I placed it.

See ya next week

chaseman

4-2 (+1.65)

chaseman

Week 3 Leans

I'm seeing the Auburn/LA Monroe total at 53 right now. Auburn's QB/offense is terrible. I see them running a lot and smothering Monroe with defense. I think there's some good value on the under. Also I think Arkansas plays Bama closer than people think. There's too much talent on Arkansas for them to lie down all season. 20.5 points is a lot for an SEC game, especially as a home dog with the talent to compete for a national championship (which Arkansas does have, but can't do it without Petrino). Also I like my alma mater TENN -3 against Florida. This is the best chance in the past 7 years (minus 2007 when Tenn lost to LSU in SEC Championship) to end the losing streak against the Gators. There aren't many other games that catch my eye.. I'll have to look at Texas/OleMiss more carefully.

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Careful on thinking Arkansas will keep it close. Program in disarray. Defense is TERRIBLE!!

Tyler Wilson HAS NOT practiced this week And still hasn't been cleared to play. John L Smith cannot keep up with Nick Saban. I'm a longtime huge Hog supporter but Bama wins big and covers -20.5... WITH OR WITHOUT WILSON.

Its bad for the Razorbacks right now. Only gets worse this week. Trust me

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28663

love tennessee

this town is already electric!

chaseman

Quote Originally Posted by zola View Post
    Careful on thinking Arkansas will keep it close. Program in disarray. Defense is TERRIBLE!!

Tyler Wilson HAS NOT practiced this week And still hasn't been cleared to play. John L Smith cannot keep up with Nick Saban. I'm a longtime huge Hog supporter but Bama wins big and covers -20.5... WITH OR WITHOUT WILSON.

Its bad for the Razorbacks right now. Only gets worse this week. Trust me
    Yeah, after some more thought, I'm avoiding Arkansas indefinitely.

chaseman

Tennessee -3 (-110) 3.3 to win 3

chaseman

Alabama -20 (-110) 1.1 to win 1

chaseman

Auburn -15.5 (-110) 1.1 to win 1

I know Auburn has only scored 29 points in their first two games, but they played two quality opponents in Clemson and an underrated Miss St. LA Monroe is getting too much credit. LA Monroe beat up on a terrible Arkansas defense, and they will run into a brick wall here. Auburn turned the ball over 5 times last week. This is their game to get the offense going. They'll bounce back and win this one handily.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28663

Quote Originally Posted by chaseman View Post
    Tennessee -3 (-110) 3.3 to win 3
    im with ya here

im in knoxille, and this place is going insane for this 1....i usually dont bet on tenessee but i love this game

GL

bigjohn89
    bigjohn89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

BOL on the UT picks. I am on the other side of this one as I am one that believes the Gator D will have their way more than the UT O will. I honestly thought with a pk open that Florida backers (since the public loves to bet florida) would have pushed the line to UF-1.5 or so. Either way again BOL to you guys!

chaseman

If they can get to Bray then they have a chance. It should be a great game either way.

chaseman

WOW Kiehl Frazier might be the worst QB in the SEC

chaseman

5-4 (-1.75) YTD

I took a beating last Saturday thanks to Derek Dooley's Volunquitters only playing 2 1/2 quarters AGAIN. Learned my lesson. This is just like the past 2 seasons: when Tennessee plays a quality opponent, take Tenn 1H and then fade them in 2H no matter how good they looked in the 1H. The coaching staff has no idea how to make adjustments at halftime, and the team lays down once the game gets difficult. It's time for Tennessee to hire Gruden or Petrino.

Onto this week....we have Florida vs Kentucky, South Carolina vs Missouri, Arkansas vs Rutgers, Auburn vs LSU, and Georgia vs Vandy and a bunch of garbage games.

Kentucky/Florida UNDER 53 (-115) 1.15 to win 1
    South Carolina -10.5 vs Missouri (1.1 to win 1)

Outside the SEC I like California to cover against the fighting Kiffins.

chaseman

LSU/Auburn under 45 (-110) 1.1 to win 1

chaseman

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    love tennessee

this town is already electric!
    I'm about to head toward campus. This town is dead this week, as it should be.

chaseman

3-0, +3 yesterday

8-4 +1.25 YTD Staggering profit margin for my record.

chaseman

What an ugly set of SEC games we have today!

Talk me out of this one, Hog fans!
    Arkansas +14 (-115) 1.15 to win 1

chaseman

Tennessee 1H +7.5 (-115) 1.15 to win 1

chaseman

The Tennessee/Georgia game is going as planned. Now we look for Tennessee to lie down and let Georgia sit on their faces in the second half. Pure Dooley football here. As a Tennessee fan, I hope I'm wrong... but I'm gonna hedge my emotions.

Georgia 2H -7.5 2.2 to win 2

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by chaseman View Post
    The Tennessee/Georgia game is going as planned. Now we look for Tennessee to lie down and let Georgia sit on their faces in the second half. Pure Dooley football here. As a Tennessee fan, I hope I'm wrong... but I'm gonna hedge my emotions.

Georgia 2H -7.5 2.2 to win 2
    I think Vols stay in it an very competetive unitl the end an sneak out with a win.. BOL tho

chaseman

Quote Originally Posted by RG3ING View Post
    I think Vols stay in it an very competetive unitl the end an sneak out with a win.. BOL tho
    I would love to see that happen, but Derek Dooley has not beaten a ranked team with Tenn... much less in his coaching career. I think he is 0-20 against ranked teams, 0-11 at Tennessee. Pathetic.

chaseman

Georgia already playing well. T-minus 4 minutes until Tennessee calls it an afternoon.

chaseman

South Carolina @ Kentucky U51 1.1 to win 1

chaseman

Fk you vols.

Bama vs Miss U53 1.1 to win 1

12 Last