govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boise vs mich st thread

Leaning to Boise and the over. What y'all think

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I'd lean under...I suspect you are right about Boise...we shall see. I am not sure I'd put real money on this game though...might be a fun one to just watch.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Kellrn Moore is a bum in nfl

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

MSU is definitely the more talented team, with alot of that talent on the defensive side where they return eight starters on the big tens best defensive unit from last year including several future NFL players including a beast future 1st rounder DE.

This all Big Ten laden defense will shine tomorrow. Generally defenses are ahead of offenses at the begginning of the season as defenses react and rely on speed and instincts while the offense has to know more complex schemes and more interaction/communication among the players.

Spartans will be breaking in a replacement for Kirk Cousins, who broke many records there before heading to the NFL. I expect them to keep it simple and run the hell out of Bell, a 240 lb+ monster back who will break 1000 yds this year.

Spartans did not lose a game at home last season including wins over top 5 Wisconsin and Mich I believe, and for my money they were the best in the conference at seasons end, although they lost to Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game. I expect they will be more physical than Boise in the trenches an edge that should only increase as the game progresses.

Boise has alot of big departures and new faces losing 9 defensive starters and ,not only record breaking Moore, but likely starting RB for TB Doug Martin as well as their top receiver from last year.

I am just not impressed with Boise St. Weaker team, schedule and conference. Even their Bowl win last season was against a mediocre Arizona St team who played soft and had terrible team chemistry and lockerroom issues. Meanwhile Mich St is likely the best team in the Big Ten again if their offense develops. They closed the season incredibly strong, putting up a very impressive win against a vastly improving Georgia squad.

I will be playing MSU.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 08-31-12 at 02:54 AM.

BetKing
    BetKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by govolz View Post
    Leaning to Boise and the over. What y'all think
    I would go with MSU and the under. BSU is just too young, and MSU's defense is just too good.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Mich St large -6.5...its a gift!

BetKing

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Agreed.

MeatWad

Hard to imagine Boise St competing in East Lansing, their defense returns 2 CB's lol. They are going to need big special teams plays and turnovers to keep it close as St is way more talented and physical. This is the kind of game the best Boise teams in years past knew to avoid. Much easier for them racking up wins against sub par Western teams on their blue turf. Alot of their success was built on smoke and mirrors and not having to play tough teams in tough places very often.

The practices and interviews show BSU very uncertain, trying to get familiar with all the new faces, while MSU rightfully and confidently expects to win the Big Ten and get to the Rose Bowl.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

The line should be Michigan St -13

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Sparty rolls

Broncos are on the road, they lost Kellen Moore and Doug Martin AND have to replace 10 starters on Defense.

Waiting on the prop bet on MSU rushing to come out....will probably jump on it as well.

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan State -6.5 is a Gift

BetKing

Quote Originally Posted by marcojuiceman View Post
    Michigan State -6.5 is a Gift
    marco is spot-on about this.

CrimsOnTop
    CrimsOnTop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan st & over.

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry guys! Meant the over in the tenn game... My bad

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH
    Doughboy22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3733

Yup vegas sucks us in to a long season with an early gift!!

felon4wins
    felon4wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Msu will roll boyz

mynameismud

both teams starting brand new QB's...but msu's defense and running game will dictate outcome. msu covers.

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Yeah I just wish I would have played the under in my play as well, but I'll gladly settle for MSU -7 (current line)

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Ill take a shot at Boise St. +7

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boise St. having to play marquee opponent on the road (b/c no one will play them in Idaho), going into the game a dog, and people assuming that the other team will be able to cut through their defense with little difficulty. Sounds pretty familiar.

I'll take the team that beat Oregon, VA Tech and Georgia in the last three years. BST's new QB was a backup last two years - not some greenie who doesn't know the playbook.

Amazing that they continue to get snubbed. 24th in the preseason polls? What a joke.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

This really is a gift. MSU will win and they will win BIG. DO NOT TOUCH BOISE IN THIS! THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU WILL SEE THEM RANKED IN THE TOP 25 FOR A LONG TIME.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Ok im going to tail u mofos. 200 betpoints lol. Which is equivalent to like $10 big money pal!

pickyourpoison
    Rice owls pick of day 9/14/13
    pickyourpoison's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

the only thing that scares me about Mich St is that they are a member of the ROTTEN Big10

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bay Player View Post
    Boise St. having to play marquee opponent on the road (b/c no one will play them in Idaho), going into the game a dog, and people assuming that the other team will be able to cut through their defense with little difficulty. Sounds pretty familiar.

I'll take the team that beat Oregon, VA Tech and Georgia in the last three years. BST's new QB was a backup last two years - not some greenie who doesn't know the playbook.

Amazing that they continue to get snubbed. 24th in the preseason polls? What a joke.
    Seriously? They return 7 players from last season, they lost arguably their best 10 players, playing on the road against a powerhouse who has a top 10 D and a running game every player on the Boise squad has never seen.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

thanks... for the boise pick.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Yeah, theyve been really good the last few years, but 11 of the players that were playing and starting last year are now on NFL rosters. You cant replace that talent and experience overnight. I dont doubt they have some talented players on deck, but they are green as hell.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

idaho, tennessee, pretty close as the crow flies.
    Obviously with a name like govolz you are wanting to UNLOAD on UT.
    You avatar looks like a characature of yourself

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Public is all over Mich St. yet line won't budge. Books know what the **** they are doing. If books gave out gifts, they would be broke.

MeatWad

It is safer to assume Mich St will beat on a BSU defense that has 6-7 new players on it vs last year. Their QB is in the NFL, their RB is probably going to start for the Bucs, and their leading receiver is gone.

This is not the same BSU team from years past. Even the coach admits it is odd looking around and not seeing many familiar faces who he can trust to play well on game day.

MSU is likely the best team in the Big 10. They return 8 defensive starters including several future NFL players from the best ranked defensive unit in the conference last year.

MSU's biggest question marks are on offense, new quarterback who learned alot under Cousins. Mistakes could keep BSU in the game, although I expect MSU to grind RB Bell and wear down a physically inferior BSU team.

As far as who BSU has beaten the past few years opening game....irrelevant. Not the same team playing now. Georgia was a young team last year who would have spanked BSU by the end of the season.

Compared to top programs in the SEC and even Big Ten, BSU plays a schedule full of non physical weak hearted bums. They would be mediocre at best in the Big 12, Big 10, and even worse in the SEC. Impressive what they do in the context of Idaho football though.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 08-31-12 at 03:45 PM.

MeatWad

Since I bet it several times yesterday, the line has budged. I did my part in trying to get them to raise it.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Are you guys concerned at all that Boise St. might be able to just buckle down and stop the running game, which could mean FGs? I know both teams have new QB's, just seems that Boise St.'s QB will be better suited to pass and run a more balanced offense than MSU's. MSU could play super conservative knowing that it can lean on its defense. Can't play this game, but I suspect that Boise St. is the correct side.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Are you guys concerned at all that Boise St. might be able to just buckle down and stop the running game, which could mean FGs? I know both teams have new QB's, just seems that Boise St.'s QB will be better suited to pass and run a more balanced offense than MSU's. MSU could play super conservative knowing that it can lean on its defense. Can't play this game, but I suspect that Boise St. is the correct side.
    No man, forget that very legitimate possibility. I am siding with the many posters that think MSU will "roll", and that the professional linesmakers are giving the much less informed public a "gift"

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Definitely have a valid point. I don't expect MSU to have too many explosive plays on O. But here are a few things to consider:

-4 returning starters on MSU O line, definitely will have a physical edge over a BSU team completely replacing their D line(think they have the NG returning), in college especiallly it is very important to handicap in the trenches

- I expect the MSU D to make a significant contribution to the MSU offense: field position, turnovers, and overall physical domination that will allow the MSU O to stay on the field and wear down the BSU D. The MSU D will either score or put MSU O in a position to score throughout this game.

-The new BSU QB will be going against one of the best D's in the entire country, 8 returners from the top rated Big 10 unit last yr, several future pro's on the unit, etc. I don't expect many teams to do well against this D. Early in the season an O replacing nearly all of their O production... an NFL QB (Moore), an NFL starting RB(Martin), and their top receiver, is still gelling and figuring out formations/schemes/communications.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 08-31-12 at 03:42 PM.

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    idaho, tennessee, pretty close as the crow flies.
    Obviously with a name like govolz you are wanting to UNLOAD on UT.
    You avatar looks like a characature of yourself

1234 ... Last