No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Northern Illinois +10 vs. Iowa at Soldier Field

What does everyone think here? Hard to imagine the Hawkeyes as a DD fave on a neutral field vs. anyone right now, let alone one of the better programs in the MAC. Iowa's run game is a total question mark, and they're shaky in plenty of other spots on the field.

I know Harnish is gone, but I kind of feel like the Huskies keep this one close. I'm hoping eventually it hits 10.5, but I honestly think if Iowa wins this one, it's going to be by 7 or less.

Taco MacArthur
    Taco MacArthur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What does everyone think here? Hard to imagine the Hawkeyes as a DD fave on a neutral field vs. anyone right now, let alone one of the better programs in the MAC. Iowa's run game is a total question mark, and they're shaky in plenty of other spots on the field.

I know Harnish is gone, but I kind of feel like the Huskies keep this one close. I'm hoping eventually it hits 10.5, but I honestly think if Iowa wins this one, it's going to be by 7 or less.

Agree, there are a ton of question marks with this team. It's all going to depend on Vandenberg, and how quickly the young defensive line gets going.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

I'm from Iowa, and I wouldn't touch this game either way. Just too many unknowns.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

In addition to QB, No. Ill will also be breaking in an offensive line with 4 new starters and an relatively inexperienced running back. This offense has alot of question marks and I do not believe they will have nearly the same firepower. The D returns alot of experinece however that may not be a good thing considering some of the point totals that were posted against them last year.

Seemingly Iowa's biggest advantage is having a quality QB/WR combo. The running game will be suspect due to a shortage of bodies and the defense will be breaking in a new coordinator.

This one has question marks all over it, think it would be benneficial to take a pass on this one due to the uncertainties.

Westside
    Westside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Iowa runs away with this one, too much inexperience for NI

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

home game for NIU interesting

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

iowa as a road fav or neutral fav has been a good fade over the years...too many qquestions on NIU though for me

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    home game for NIU interesting
    Will probably be 2:1 Hawkeye fans in the stands, though. Chicago is a University of Iowa haven.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

RAS hit Iowa and the number shot up.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    RAS hit Iowa and the number shot up.
    I was wondering what happened. Notice Pinny has juiced Iowa backers to the hilt.