bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brian Brohm

I'm hearing reports that he could actually play this weekend against Cincy. Whats the chances of him really playing this weekend?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I don't know really, but the commentators in the MTSU game on Friday made it seem like they thought he would play this weekend

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

on inside the polls today they said he may play...if he does this line could hit at least 31...

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

word around louisville here is they want him to get some game reps in this weekend for sure. doesn't sound like they want him to play the whole game, but they want him to get some action. would be interesting to see if they start him, or if they bring him in 2nd half if they have a lead. I don't think they could justify starting him cold in the WVA game on Nov 2 with no game action.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I just read an article about him in the Cincy paper (who they play this week) He says he could play but his thumb is only 60-65% right now and that he wants the decision to be whatever's best for the team, however you take that. I would think they'd hold him out and start him against Syracuse the weekend after this.

pags11

I'm hearing the same thing that r2d2 is...

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

i heard he is going to get some playing time but how much is still up in the air

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Brohm declares himself ready to play against Cincinnati
    PETRINO CAUTIOUS ABOUT A DECISION
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm practiced with the first team yesterday and said he thinks he could play on Saturday when the seventh-ranked Cardinals host Cincinnati.

Brohm has missed Louisville's last two games after injuring his right (throwing) hand in the Cardinals' 31-7 win over Miami (Fla.) on Sept. 16. He underwent surgery on Sept. 17, began throwing last week and has split reps in practice with backup Hunter Cantwell this week.

"I'm starting to get a little more zip on the ball each and every day; it's coming along good," said Brohm, who has thrown for 742 yards and three touchdowns this year. "It's a lot better since Monday. I'd give it an 80 percent."

Coach Bobby Petrino called Brohm's recovery "amazing," but he stopped short of saying Brohm will play.

"We're still not ready to make a decision," Petrino said. "We'll come out tomorrow and see how tomorrow goes."

Petrino said he isn't sure when he will choose a starter, joking that the media might not find out until kickoff.

"Basically, it's how well he's executing, how confident he feels, how confident I feel he looks," Petrino said. "The main thing is I don't want there to be any indecisiveness. If I feel like he's ready to go and the confidence is there and the zip is on the ball like it needs to be, then we'll go with it."

Doctors originally said Brohm would be out anywhere from four to six weeks. After the injury, he said his goal was to return by the time the Cardinals (5-0) play No. 5 West Virginia on Nov. 2. Saturday's Big East opener against the Bearcats (3-3) will be exactly four weeks since the injury.

Brohm will wear a splint over the surgically repaired thumb until it is fully healed. He admitted there is some pain when he takes the snap from center, but it's not something that could keep him from playing.

"At the beginning of the week, it was a little bit of a problem," he said. "The pain is tolerable. It's nothing bad, so I can do it."

pags11

thanks for this update gummo...