ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The SEC will not win a championship

In the major sports.

Not in football, and especially not in basketball.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

wrong

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

they almost certainly will have a team in the football championship game

ChalkyDog

I'd bet on The Pac to have a championship this year in the major sports over the SEC.

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Alabama has to travel to LSU and Arkansas this year, if they lose those games and finish 10-2 they won't go. If Arkansas were to beat Bama, lose to LSU, and lose to SC and finish 10-2 they won't go. If LSU were to lose at Florida and lose to SC and finish 10-2 they won't go. I think the SEC East has a good chance of beating up on each other as well.

I can definitely see the East and West teams coming into the SEC Championship game each with 2 losses and neither making it to the National CG.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Cant win it every year

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

LSU will NOT lose to Florida. I can promise you that! Florida offense will be a struggle this year and that's a major problem when you're facing an elite defense like an LSU. Florida is the 3rd best team in there division. Behind Georgia and South Carolina. Hell Tennessee may be better then Florida. At worst this year LSU will have 1 loss.

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    LSU will NOT lose to Florida. I can promise you that! Florida offense will be a struggle this year and that's a major problem when you're facing an elite defense like an LSU. Florida is the 3rd best team in there division. Behind Georgia and South Carolina. Hell Tennessee may be better then Florida. At worst this year LSU will have 1 loss.
    I agree Z, I can really only see ya'll losing at Arkansas. Finish the regular season 11-1. Hopefully then the Gamecocks will get the rematch against ya'll in Atlanta.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    I'm a Florida fan but also pretty realistic about the team. I think the offense will be much better this year than the last 2 previous years. John Brantley was a huge failure and the team should be much more improved with Pease as the OC and Brissett and Driskel at QB. The offensive line is fairly healthy and should be in good shape against LSU. I think the game will be much closer than most expect.

Florida will compete for the East this year. I think we win it.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

this guy must believe in unicorn and fiary tales

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

heard the offensive was a complete disaster in the last scrimage

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85044

Ever since he did the cameo on Facing the Giants, God has been smiling on Mark Richt. Once again this year, no regular season game vs. Alabama, LSU or Arkansas. I think a little better on defense, and a decent offense. Big games on the road at South Carolina, and big game with Florida. They have in recent history lost a game you might not expect them to, but there is at least some chance they go to the SEC title game undefeated. If an SEC school is undefeated there is 95% to higher chance they play in the championship game. I still think it is more likely a one loss team from the SEC west plays in the championship game, even if there are two undefeated teams.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

LSU will win it all. Mettenberger is the best pure passer LSU has had in, well, um, let's see....maybe ever?

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9858

100% this thread was created so that in 6 months or 9 months or whenever the SEC does win another championship, this thread can get bumped. This is like me creating a thread that says 100% chance no team from east of the Mississippi wins the super bowl this year. Its a stupid comment just meant to drive traffic. Clearly it worked with me so well done.

Mac4Lyfe

It has nothing to do with God. UGA, Auburn and Bama are the 3 most crooked teams in the SEC and find ways for the SEC office to pump sunshine up their arses. UGA has had a break the past decade in playing lessor teams in the SEC. All while UF plays the top teams more times than not. Bunch of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by dngf View Post
    Ever since he did the cameo on Facing the Giants, God has been smiling on Mark Richt. Once again this year, no regular season game vs. Alabama, LSU or Arkansas. I think a little better on defense, and a decent offense. Big games on the road at South Carolina, and big game with Florida. They have in recent history lost a game you might not expect them to, but there is at least some chance they go to the SEC title game undefeated. If an SEC school is undefeated there is 95% to higher chance they play in the championship game. I still think it is more likely a one loss team from the SEC west plays in the championship game, even if there are two undefeated teams.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

been a great conference in hoops, bases, and football for many decades, especially when championships are concerned
    I don't see it changing

Strider
    Strider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 327

Oregon or USC will be at the Championship game.......i think.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    In the major sports.

Not in football, and especially not in basketball.
    Nice thread. Make an ignorant statement and then follow it up with zero facts.

What conference has won the title the past 6 years?

What conference was Kentucky from in NCAA hoops?

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

The dumber the thread or post, the more excitement and reaction it creates generally.

I will take the SEC vs any conference for a football championship this year for a $ number with alot of zeros behind it. While they may not win, they will have incredible strength from top to bottom, and like every year recently will be the best conference in NCAAF.

Georgia should come out of the East, definitely not a team to overlook. USC and maybe FSU will be the only significant challengers to the throne. Roll Tide, Geaux Tigers, and How 'Bout them Dawgs?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm a Florida fan but also pretty realistic about the team. I think the offense will be much better this year than the last 2 previous years. John Brantley was a huge failure and the team should be much more improved with Pease as the OC and Brissett and Driskel at QB. The offensive line is fairly healthy and should be in good shape against LSU. I think the game will be much closer than most expect.

Florida will compete for the East this year. I think we win it.
    fwiw, phil steele said don't be surprised if florida plays for the sec championship...

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

Since when does a proclamation that the SEC will not win a 7th championship in a row... obviously a juiced side to begin with, need facts? Parlay it with basketball, which sure as shit hasn't been or ever will be dominated by the SEC since UK cannot win it all this year and you have a pretty decent proposition.

Simple odds dictate it wont happen.

Someone coming here claiming that the SEC will win a championship in either sport is the one who is taking a much longer shot.

Here is another juiced thought you can take to the bank: Kansas isn't winning another BIGXII title in basketball this year.

tmgissy
    I SAID ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!
    tmgissy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

ChalkyDog, you must be smoking crack if you dont think that a single SEC team will win a championship game. I'm willing to wager that one will. I'm also willing to wager that they will win a championship game in December.

ChalkyDog

Le Bump.

sigtauslimer
    sigtauslimer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Yeah, I disagree. Hate the SEC, but my honest-to-god belief is:

Oregon wins out. Goes to BCS title game.
    K-State stumbles in one game in unexpected loss (@TCU, @Baylor, vs Texas)
    ND gets upset by USC
    Bama wins out, kills Georgia in SEC championship game.

oregon/bama title game

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by sigtauslimer View Post
    Yeah, I disagree. Hate the SEC, but my honest-to-god belief is:

Oregon wins out. Goes to BCS title game.
    K-State stumbles in one game in unexpected loss (@TCU, @Baylor, vs Texas)
    ND gets upset by USC
    Bama wins out, kills Georgia in SEC championship game.

oregon/bama title game
    It's very possible that scenario plays out. Alabama may have lost in the best possible week to do so.

Notre Dame losing to USC is a slight stretch though. USC is not very good - not saying ND is great, but USC isn't.

I also think Oregon runs into a problem vs. Oregon St.

sigtauslimer
    sigtauslimer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Oregon/Oregon State rivalry game could end up catching the Ducks. i dont SEE it, but that's what makes upset exciting haha

USC gets ND's number a lot. I'm a huge Trojan fan, and agree we severely under-performed this year. But I'm optimistic there's an upset a-brewing against the Irish haha

GoATL
    GoATL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

The SEC has won the last 6 championships. Maybe this year they will throw a bone to the other conferences. Wish every team had a SEC schedule then we could pick the real teams from the imposters. There are some in the top 4.

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

I'm waiting on someone to tell us how good that "SEC" team A&M was. The SEC has had a good run, a lot of it was luck without question. Play some teams in non-conference and you will get a little more respect.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerC View Post
    I'm waiting on someone to tell us how good that "SEC" team A&M was. The SEC has had a good run, a lot of it was luck without question. Play some teams in non-conference and you will get a little more respect.
    The SEC has played more OOC games against AQ BCS teams then any other BCS conference...

sec -131 games
    acc -129
    big twelve- 114
    big east- 112
    big ten -103
    pac twelve- 91

Do you want to know who has the best winning percentage against BCS OOC teams??? You already know the answer but I can paste for shits and giggles, although I'd advise you do a little research before just posting.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerC View Post

Yes, cause the conference that has won the past 6 national titles with a few in impressive fashion needs to try and earn respect. And alot of it being considered luck is laughable.

The SEC powers lost this year, it was bound to happen. Two current top SEC programs(LSU/Bama) play each other every year and most of the conferences top half have to go thru several of the counterparts, a season where they all beat each other and a few lesser schools ended up undefeated was bound to happen. Surprised conference has made it to the past 6 BCS games.

So SEC haters get there wish this season as it looks like we end up with a solid Oregon team playing against might K State (they did beat that mediocre ass sooner team in norman) or Notre Dame (routinely struggles with bad football teams, not decent but bad).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 4uk4life

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Sec is about to have 6 teams in the top 10. The only thing keeping them out of the title game is that they have to play each other.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

at one time i cared, then i took up unsuccessful gambling. Now i care about championship stuff, even though i do have a few favs college teams. Winning moneyand being ahead is the true championship--stupid louisville today.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Texas A@M -11 vs. Oregon

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'd take Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M over all 3 unbeatens and would take UF and SC over ND.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I would take Notre Dame over South Carolina, but the same for the rest

12 Last