GoVols817
    GoVols817's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

GoVols817 2012 College Football thread...

Not that I'm anyone, but wanted to put my picks in a thread for discussion over the season. I'll write up some, but mainly will just post bets I make. In addition to playing individual games, every week I play a very low risk, high reward parlay. Sure, they almost never hit but if they do, it's pretty cool.

All betting is done on 5Dimes and here are the plays I'm making for week 1.

Parlay for the week: $10 to win $895.11, South Carolina -7, Tennessee -3, UCF -23 1/2, Penn State -6, Miami pk, Michigan +13, Arizona -10

Individual games:

South Carolina -7 for 3 units
    Tennessee -3 for 3 units
    Notre Dame/Navy Under 57 for 1 unit

Good luck, may have more!

creightonbjaysNC
    creightonbjaysNC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

yikes, i would disagree with all but two of them:

UCF: I really think this game is going to eff over a lot of people. People have this unnatural faith in a quarterback just because he came from UT. Let me tell you something, if you can't perform at University of Texas with those freak athletes at wide receivers, you're not very good, plain and simple.

Penn State: I might take the money line for PSU but 6 points is a lot to give this mediocre team. They may pull out the win but this will be a low-scoring affair. Either 14-10 Ohio or 10-6 PSU.

Miami: 10 returning starters vs 17 returning starters. BC defense is going to beat this team up, real low scoring game.

Michigan: People are taking this line for all the terrible reasons. Denard has never fared well against a BCS team and he better learn to tie those shoes because he's going to be running for his life. Denard cannot through the ball well, and his scrambling technique against fast, big defenses like Bama isn't going to fare well. Bama has new defensive players, but get real these players trained with the big boys last year, they're top athletes of their class, they are good.

Arizona: This game could go either way, one of the teams is going to win by 2+ TDs no matter what, its just a matter of who gets kickoff, who turns the ball over more, and who rides the big mo more. A better pick would have been the over because both these defenses are atrocious.

Sorry for completing dismantling your picks. For your sake, I hope you do prove me wrong, and you do win that $900. BOL soldier!

GoVols817
    GoVols817's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by creightonbjaysNC View Post
    yikes, i would disagree with all but two of them:

UCF: I really think this game is going to eff over a lot of people. People have this unnatural faith in a quarterback just because he came from UT. Let me tell you something, if you can't perform at University of Texas with those freak athletes at wide receivers, you're not very good, plain and simple.

Penn State: I might take the money line for PSU but 6 points is a lot to give this mediocre team. They may pull out the win but this will be a low-scoring affair. Either 14-10 Ohio or 10-6 PSU.

Miami: 10 returning starters vs 17 returning starters. BC defense is going to beat this team up, real low scoring game.

Michigan: People are taking this line for all the terrible reasons. Denard has never fared well against a BCS team and he better learn to tie those shoes because he's going to be running for his life. Denard cannot through the ball well, and his scrambling technique against fast, big defenses like Bama isn't going to fare well. Bama has new defensive players, but get real these players trained with the big boys last year, they're top athletes of their class, they are good.

Arizona: This game could go either way, one of the teams is going to win by 2+ TDs no matter what, its just a matter of who gets kickoff, who turns the ball over more, and who rides the big mo more. A better pick would have been the over because both these defenses are atrocious.

Sorry for completing dismantling your picks. For your sake, I hope you do prove me wrong, and you do win that $900. BOL soldier!
    Hey, you may be right, that's why I go so small on stuff like that man.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Good luck to you in your games.