Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

SAN JOSE ST/STANFORD *** I love this game!

After doing some research on the upcoming college games, I really feel strongly that Stanford will destroy San Jose State. San Jose State made big steps last year, but lost there Quarterback, top running back, and 4 of there defensive starters, so I have to feel they will regress from what they gained last year. On the other hand, Stanford took a hit on offense with the loss of Luck and two very good offensive lineman, but they have some great linebackers coming back, and an awesome offensive line, that I feel will blow open big holes for a quality back like Stepfan Taylor. I would be very surprised if San Jose State even scores on this defense. The talent level on Stanford is just to great for them not to cover this game, as the offense will still put up points despite Luck not being around.

As always, your thoughts are welcome!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 08-26-12 at 05:23 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

i agree...its just as easy to step backwards...

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another key I look for in big lines is does Stanford try and keep scoring if there up 24+ points. I think they will, with a unproven QB I think they give him every opportunity to score and I also think if there up enough to put in the backups they will not just run the ball and punt. I think they will want to know what the backup QB has, same goes for back up RB. Look for barry sanders kid to get some reps if there is a blow out.

That being said I have not yet cap this game so have not picked a side. Just something I look for in big lines. Good Luck

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks venture, and the same to you! Enjoy your stroll to the pay window!

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

only angle on sjsu i see are their skilled receivers vs. the weakness of stanford in their secondary. however, this advantage should be diminished a good deal since sjsu is breaking in a new qb.

stanford will be playing within the hash marks with their two excellent te's and rb, meaning time-consuming drives which should really wear down the sjsu defense.

i'm hoping for a relatively close 1H and then a play on stanford in the 2H. gl

diveoregon
    diveoregon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Same game, same week, same place last year. 57-3

Stanford reloaded, SJSU did not.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Doesn't Stanford have Barry Sanders Jr?

diveoregon
    diveoregon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes they do. Can't imagine he'll see much playing time this year though.