dgen3312
    dgen3312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1001

1st year coaches in their first game with new team on the road..... Historically?

Just doing some work on opening night of CFB and noticed that there are 3 new coaches (Mora-UCLA, Leetch-WSU, and Sumlin-A&M) on the road in their first games with their new respective teams.

of course it depends but That stand alone situation (new coach, first game, on road) doesn't sound all that attractive to me.

I was wondering if anyone had any historically data on this type of scenerio? Win/loss, fav record, dog record? Or if someone is can point me in the right direction.

My intial leans were Fade A&M, take the points with WSU, and lay the number with UCLA.....

Sean81
    Sean81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

I'm sure if you go back far enough it approaches 50%. Based on that situation, How does some 1st yr coach's results in 1998 affect 2012?

I really like the plays. Ultimately, 13.5 is too much to lay with a team that has been so average on a YPP basis in recent years and facing a top tier QB and a coach that can implement his system in an offseason. Sonny Dykes familiarity with Sumlin is also key. The A&M QB is very poor and they are in for a long season IMHO.

Playing both those sides too. BOL
    Last edited by Sean81; 08-25-12 at 01:04 AM.