FatherJoe
    FatherJoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

New here take a look tell me what you guys think of these picks

These are my picks for the early games next week. I know I didnt pick many underdogs. I would appreciate any thoughts on my picks. I will try to defend my picks best I can.

South Carolina -7

UCF -23 1/2

Ball St -3 1/2 (really like if it goes to 3)

UCONN -24 1/2 (If this hit 24 or under would feel a lot better

Texas A&M -7 1/2 (if hits 7 might double up)

Texas San Antonio +6 1/2

UCLA -15 1/2 (wish this one was at 14)

BYU -13 1/2

Minnesota -9

NC State +3

Michigan State -7

Stanford -25 1/2
    Last edited by FatherJoe; 08-24-12 at 04:31 PM.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3417

As you said you are mostly laying the points. I am more of an underdog player. Your NC St. line is wrong as they are getting 3. Haven't researched the games much yet, but would lean towards NC St. and would not touch the Stanford game. GL.

FatherJoe
    FatherJoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

You are right that was supposed to be +3 for NC state. I will edit that. Like NC state. Good players coming back and a good coach. Thanks for the heads up on the Stanford game.

diveoregon
    diveoregon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was off the Stanford game initially, but the more I dig into it the more I am leaning towards them. Check out my write-up in thread "week 1 strongest plays" where I am actually on the fence, but very much against playing SJSU +25'.

These teams played this game last year as well on week 1, and Stanford won 57-3.

I have been pretty open in these forums that I am not afraid to play chalk in the first couple weeks of the season, so I would encourage you to do your research, cap your games, and don't worry about playing chalk or dogs.