CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem77 View Post
    but does Vandy have the offensive weapons (mainly someone for Rogers to throw to) to hang with them?
    Vandy does indeed, they have outstanding Junior WR Jordan Matthews who had 778 yds and 5 TD's as well as Sophomore WR Chris Boyd with 473 yards and 8 TD's. They did lose TE Brandon Barden who was a big target. They also return RB Zac Stacy. All Skill positions return and Coach Franklin has this Vandy squad fired up! He called it their Super Bowl yesterday in his weekly press conference.

I think Vandy will be able to move the ball and early on SC. I just think that the SC D will respond and be able to adjust in the 2nd half. Vandy returns most of their O-line but they had a lot of trouble blocking the talented SC D-line that did lose Melvin Ingram to the NFL, but has outstanding DE Jadeveon Clowney stepping up to fill his shoes full time. Its hard to say it after losing Ingram, but this D-line will be even better this season.

Hookem77
    Hookem77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

yeah but look at them last year against the elite defenses they played USC, Ala, and UGA. In all three of those games they had under 150 yards passing which tells me those guys have a really hard time getting seperation and/or protection to execute a passing attack.

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem77 View Post
    yeah but look at them last year against the elite defenses they played USC, Ala, and UGA. In all three of those games they had under 150 yards passing which tells me those guys have a really hard time getting seperation and/or protection to execute a passing attack.
    I think if you look at those games a little more in depth and recall that Vandy was rotating QB's for SC, Bama, and UGA game we can see the problem was more with Rodgers and Smith and probably getting in a good rhythm with the receivers. Smith played the majority of the game against SC but both combined 16/23 for 73 yards with 1 INT. Against Bama, Rodgers got the majority of the snaps and combined for 15/24 for 149 yards and 2 INT's. Finally against, UGA Rodgers again gets the majority of the snaps and they combine for 9/29 for 149 yards with 1 TD (Matthews) and 3 INT's.

You are right though, Vandy did have trouble protecting the QB, giving up 6 sacks alone to SC. Here's some good highlights of him from the Florida game where he had helm the entire game and went 19/28 for 297 yds with 2 TD's (Matthews and Boyd).

noles79
    noles79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Mayb 6pt teaser wit sc -.5 and spartans -.5

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Is this the old Barabull?

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

CCock - good info, thanks

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    CCock - good info, thanks
    No problem. I'll add that Larry Smith started those 3 games as well. Jordan Rodgers got his first start following those games against Army. He went 3-4 as a starter beating Army, Kentucky, and @Wake Forest while losing a close game to Arkansas, @Florida, @ Tennessee in OT, and Cinci in the Liberty Bowl.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Vandy has 2 WR's projected to be 3rd Team SEC.

First 12