LTECH + 7
    UNLV +8
    NCST +4
    UAB +5.5
    NO ILL +6.5
    Colorado ST +6

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is so great about Northern Illinois now that Harnish is gone? And UNLV is a dangerous pick because they are perennial losers, even against the Gophers.

mdfizzle
    mdfizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOCKED IN
    vandy +6.5
    ltech +7
    no ill +7.5
    uab +5.5

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Im on La Tech and Nc St, lean's on troy, Colorado st, & vandy

Gl dizzle

98utvols
    98utvols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Tenn will cover -4 and vandy will not cover. Huge game for the vols and they will come out firing.

ConferenceChalk
    2013 YTD: 42-35-1
    ConferenceChalk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    What is so great about Northern Illinois now that Harnish is gone? And UNLV is a dangerous pick because they are perennial losers, even against the Gophers.
    I have a feeling UNLV is going to end up one of those teams that goes like 2-10 ATS. Just an automatic bet-against each week. I'd stick with Minnesota on that, but hard to back a bad team that's a road favorite, ever.

Just an FYI - that NIU game is at Soldier Field, and it will be a pro-Hawkeye crowd, so don't play this based on the "home field" being given to the Huskies.
    Points Awarded:

mdfizzle gave ConferenceChalk 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mdfizzle

Thanks for the FYI... it is a no play then for me.

tobydicesare
    tobydicesare's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

You got to love these people who always pick the dogs. I think their mentality for picking the dogs comes from reading too much of what the touts write....as if you are doing the right thing.....and you have the inside track....you are "the sharp", "the wiseguy", dont get fooled into believing that the dog is the answer. My friend Jerry(old man in Vegas...died about 1.5 years ago now...at the ripe old age of 89) always bet the dog and under, the dog, the dog, the dog, everytime I would go place a wager for him (anytime football was on), Another 2-3k down the drain...I must have placed 15 wagers for him in the span of about 1.5 months and at least 13 (no lie) failed to win. I guess it's just how some people see the game though....and I always want everyone to beat the house...so good luck to all those who love the dogs.

mdfizzle

Quote Originally Posted by tobydicesare View Post
    You got to love these people who always pick the dogs. I think their mentality for picking the dogs comes from reading too much of what the touts write....as if you are doing the right thing.....and you have the inside track....you are "the sharp", "the wiseguy", dont get fooled into believing that the dog is the answer. My friend Jerry(old man in Vegas...died about 1.5 years ago now...at the ripe old age of 89) always bet the dog and under, the dog, the dog, the dog, everytime I would go place a wager for him (anytime football was on), Another 2-3k down the drain...I must have placed 15 wagers for him in the span of about 1.5 months and at least 13 (no lie) failed to win. I guess it's just how some people see the game though....and I always want everyone to beat the house...so good luck to all those who love the dogs.
    LOL - I don't claim to be a sharp, just a guy who had moderate success doing this last year (61%) and am just continuing where I left off.

tobydicesare
    tobydicesare's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I love the %guys!!!.....58%, 61%, etc., I got a better idea....take all teams....moneyline only that are favored by 14 or more in College Football/10 or more in College Basketball, and you will win roughly 90% of the time and the remaining 10% you must do your analysis as to whether the team fits the mold for the win. It is a little easier, than say, picking the numbers (points only....no moneylines)....yes you dont earn as much, but your game becomes more focused, sometimes to the point you are calling an athletic dept the day of the game...no bs here....Fordham Basketball(may have the wrong team...going off the cuff here) lost their coach a couple of seasons back and had a question as to whether a certain player would be in the lineup...3 hours before gametime....no answer from anyone....so I made literally 2 phonecalls and acted as a newsstation....and reached an assistant coach and he said he will be in the lineup....so, thats an extreme case of focusing my efforts, but when your games are limited in nature, you become the expert, not the house so to speak. All being said, good luck with whatever you do and may you always beat the house!!!

mdfizzle

YTD 1-0

Still have UAB and will be adding Boston College

mdfizzle

Boston College +2.5
    UAB +5.5 (I see it went to 6.5 - even better no worries)

mdfizzle

1-1 with Boston College looking in control early.